Thanks for the add. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Casita
Nebraska
Thanks for the add.

Hello, I have lurking in the shadows for awhile learning what I can about fiberglass campers, I getting close to retiring and will be getting rid of my 32' leaky stick built camper. I had 26' fiberglass sailboat and it never leaked. What can I loose? I have always admired the "Egg" campers and plan on traveling a lot in a year or two. Hoping to find one of these soon. Pretty hard to come by in the Midwest. (Nebraska)

Dave
(Not a Camping ginner)
Speedbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
David, welcome to the FGRV forum.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:49 AM   #3

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Welcome. Remember if bought new, there is almost a year back order. Look at Lil Snoozy, to Scamp & Casita. We are in the same place in life. Wife retired, I will retire 2 years & have ordered us a camper this August. We got the Lil Snoozy because it check off all our boxes. BUT I think they all are pretty cool.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome David! We just picked up our New Snoozy last week. First trip in about a week. Can't wait to get out on the road!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #5

Nebraska
I do love the modern space age look of the Lil Snoozy, however I plan on doing a lot of boon docking, the ONLY drawback is all electric. I have a honda 2000 generator, but I don't think it would power the fridge, and ac at the same time. So far I'm leaning towards the Casita. I will probably have to bend over some where and pay out thru my keister for a 2-4 year old used one. Any one have a preference between the 16 or 17 footer as far as towing/handling? I'm 5'-10" so I don't think the height would be an issue. Tow rig F150. Thanks all, any advise will be appreciated. You guys & gals have a great forum here.

Dave
Old 09-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #6

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
As you know, you could alternate the generator between running the fridge and A/C, and run the fridge more at night. I suppose that make it an alternator?

I was serious that there are probably quite a few that switch between uses. It saves so much weight.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:34 PM   #7

Nebraska
Thanks Tom, I agree, it wouldn't be that hard to alternate, but when traveling, you gotta keep the beer...ah,....I mean food cold. Fridge would probably be ok over nite depending on overnite temps. I don't know if the fridges run on 12 volt while traveling but I doubt it. If you see any nice $10 to 15 grand casita's around the east side of Colorado, let me know, I hope to purchase yet this fall or winter. I have been kinda watching all over my area, but can't go get anything for a couple more weeks.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #8

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Plenty of 3 way fridges will run on 12 volt. My guess is that far more run them on propane. - Yup. The 3rd way is 120 volt household current.

PS, If I recall, most of the extra foot difference is in a larger mattress. I think about 8". Plenty here know for sure. I'm not sure, but seems to me the 17' has a jump in hitch weight.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote