Thinking of a 2013 Bigfoot 25B21FB - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #15

Name: Rob
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21FB
Oregon
Chuck, thanks. Good comment on the tongue weight. I am not experienced towing a TT. I am accustomed to towing a 2000 pound boat behind my pickup with a 3300 pound camper in the back. So no worries about lifting the rear wheels. I have observed that this trailer has the fresh water tank up front under the bed. Perhaps a good idea to keep that tank topped off when towing. How do you like your trailer?

Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #16

Oregon
Sorry about the. double post. I thought I had lost the first one :-)

Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #17

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita 17' SD
Arizona
The 25' Big Foot Front Bedroom has a nice BIG bathroom. The rear bedroom has a tiny bathroom that I don't fit in. I'm 6'3" almost 300 lbs. I saw two at the Casita Rally in Quartzsite and they are very nice trailers. I was told by two owners that the 25 foot tows better than the 21 foot. The attention to detail is very good in these trailers. They are wide and heavy and the price of gas and diesel is going to keep climbing, so think about that.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 AM   #18

Oregon
Thanks Rattlesnake. One reason the Bigfoot is heavy is that they use a heavy duty frame. This seems an advantage to me as the last unit I had did not stand up well with a frame that depended too much on the shell structure.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #19

Name: Don
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Michigan
robn, I have a 2005 Bigfoot 25RQ. I sold an older Airstream to get this unit, so I am familiar with both of these manufacturers. Like you, I wanted to have my rig at home and 25' was the max I could do next to my house. We originally tried to find a 25' used Airstream, but they are very hard to come by and super expensive. A stripped down new one was $45k and the local dealer is my golf partner.

Using a Chevy Silverado 2500 D/A and after towing the BF for a couple of years, back and forth to snowbird country, I am very impressed in the quality of this rig. For what it's worth, we also owned and towed a Scamp 16' for five years with a Honda Pilot and also liked that manufacturer. Just wanted a queen bed that you could walk around and lots of windows, which the BF has. That being said, it would not be fair to compare the BF and Scamp, because the applications are so different.

Our center bath is small, but no smaller than our Airstream 34'. It's all about trade offs in this game. Again, I am "over the top" happy in being a Bigfoot owner. Good luck in your search.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #20

Oregon
Thanks for the great info Don. We have taken the leap. Our 22 foot Bigfoot is on order. I sold my boat of 31 years on Wed as I will no longer be able to pull it along with us. We are coming from a pickup camper to this new trailer. The overall foot print of this trailer without the frame is very close to the foot print of the camper, but there is A LOT MORE useable space in the new trailer. We too wanted a walk around bed like the 25 foot has, but had to sacrifice that in order to fit the trailer into my existing garage without modifications. I think we will be very happy as well and are looking forward to the improvements including an easier get ready to go process and being able to easily disconnect from the trailer for day tripping. We have 13 good years of memories from our pickup camper days and expect even more from this trailer. We are planning a coast to coast trip with it some time in the next 2 years. Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #21

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Congratulations!

I can only find the 25 footers at Bigfoot's site- do you have any pics/floorplan for the 22 footer you're getting?

Thanks

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #22

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Congratulations!

I can only find the 25 footers at Bigfoot's site- do you have any pics/floorplan for the 22 footer you're getting?

Thanks

Francesca
Francesca all the floor plans for the Bigfoots are located on there website at Bigfootrv.com They currently only have the floor plans for 17'6"', 21' & 25' showing as those are what they are currently building. What may be throwing you off is that all the trailer plans start with the numbers 25B which stands for 2500 series. The size of the trailer comes after the 25B in the model number.

'
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #23

Registry
Thanks, Carol- that makes sense.

I'm hoping that Rob has pics/floorplan for the 22 footer, since he's ordering one...

Francesca

ON EDIT

Wait a minute- is the "22 footer" Rob's talking about the "21RB" listed at the site????

F.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #24

British Columbia
Registry
In the thread title he indicates he is thinking of purchasing a "25B21FB" which stands for a 21' front Bed plan.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #25

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Wait a minute- is the "22 footer" Rob's talking about the "21RB" listed at the site????F.
now your on the same page!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #26

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
now your on the same page!
I sure hope so...I knew he started out looking at the "21" but got confused when he called what he just ordered a "22"!

For all I know they're puttin' out one of those now, too...

Francesca
Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #27

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
I know the 21ft Escape will fill the void for that size and mid size tow rigs can still pull it.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #28

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Maybe he has ordered a 21ft with a big front box so it could be a 22ft. I have not owned to many Bigfoot Trailers we are on #7 currently.

Tags
bigfoot