Time for my Intro... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #21

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Welcome Rosemary. I vote for a mini van as well, that and a Trillium 4500 with a front dinette, but I am biased. I realize that you are looking for a new trailer.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #22

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
LOL, I ended up buying a Scamp 16 even further away... up in Maine.

I love the width of the Burro and Big Foot TTs though, And also the slightly squarer body shape, which gives more head room inside.
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #23

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Hi Rosemary

Welcome back to camping and this forum. We too are looking at purchasing an egg after years of camping with a 13ft stick TT when our kids were growing up. Now we want one for our retirement and hope to get an Escape. John in post #10 mentioned that Escape made 19 and 21 ft. models but they also have 15 and 17 as well and like Scamp and Casita they sell direct. With Escape though you can pretty well get your trailer "made to order" as cpaharley2008 will attest to as he is busy planning his 21. They also go by referral and as there are now more in eastern US and Canada there is likely one available to see near you. Just contact Escape. If you're looking for used they sometimes come available, there are two 17's right now, but they are both far away in BC.

Escape Trailer Industries > Home

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #24

Name: Rosemary
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Gilda: We have even more in common than the sewing...my current car is a Subaru Legacy sedan! I never thought of that car towing anything. I enjoyed seeing your southwest decor. I like the idea of trip themes but since mine would be much longer than a few weeks or even months, I don't think I would have room to carry much in the way of decor. So mine will be a semi-permanent solution with room for some variation.

David: I am not at all eliminating used trailers. I only mentioned that I don't have the facilities or skills as many here do for renovating one. If a used one came along that had the systems operable and just needed some cosmetic changes like paint or flooring, I would definitely be interested. But those seem to be far away and are snatched up so quickly. I'm looking at both new and used, keeping my options over for now.

Adrian: The Escape is high on my list, I love how much they are willing to modify and add options to make a trailer really all but made-to-order. The only problem that I could find sitting in Cpaharley's 19' was that my eyes could not look straight out the windows, they are too high. All I could do was to look up at the tress. And he had ordered higher cushions to try to compensate for that. However, I do know that no one will be "perfect", I just need to evaluate the most important priorities for me.
Seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #25

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Rosemary,

We've been to 6 fiberglass rallies and there is usually at least one trailler for sale. They usually are in good condition and often have been nicely modified.

Good luck in your hunt.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #26

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Rosemary,
It's easy to change up the look of your trailer with only curtain panels, pillows and a few fleece throws. I keep 2 pillow forms in the trailer and store the pillow covers, curtain panels and throws in a very small amount of space at home. All the other accessories are truly optional. The trick is to keep the basic curtains, cushions and comforter in solid neutral colors. If you like the idea of changing up the look of the trailer with minimal storage this would be the way to go. I suggest you go slowly by starting with one decor and adding others as you like. When you start looking at fabrics (and accessories) for your trailer you will suddenly "fall in love" with a variety of looks.

Have you thought about bedding? I keep my bed set up most of the time and rarely set up the table as we do most of our cooking/dining outdoors unless there is inclement weather. See photos of my bedding solution. Basically, I made a custom mattress topper out of a Thermafoam topper cut to size and covered with 10% cotton knit zip-on cover (use as sheets, wash as needed).

The queen-size comforters are layered as needed. I added loops on one and buttons on the other to allow for easy connection. (Zipper would be too confining and Velcro too noisy/scratchy). The comforters are rolled onto a cardboard tube (ask at the fabric store) and laid crosswise over the dinette benches when not in use.

Have great fun with your trailer!
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 022.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 023.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 025.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 026.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 031.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 032.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
HI Rosemary, looks like I'm late to the welcoming party. Forgive me, I've been out camping the last week with 200 of my best buds... owners of all molded towables at the Oregon Gathering. Fun times!

I'm sure you'll find the perfect towable for you!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #28

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
pics? Donna? ..................ROFL
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote