Towing with a 2.0 litre Ford Escape - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
c65

Name: Brian
Trailer: Casita
California
Towing with a 2.0 litre Ford Escape

Someone was asking about towing with a Ford Escape 2.0 litre. Google Ford United Kingdom or Ford Australia. You will find the Ford
Kuga their name for the Escape. Check out its towing capabilities. You may be surprised.
c65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:24 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
That is common with many models. Trailers, hitches, terrain, towing regulations and speeds, and towing-related vehicle software are all different from North America. Sometimes there are subtle but important differences in the vehicle itself, such as a softer or firmer suspension to suit driver preferences.

Regardless of whether there are any differences of substance, remember that if anything breaks, it will be fixed by a North American dealer, and if anyone gets hurt, it will land in a North American court.

It could be useful information to compare the relative capabilities of two different vehicles, but you're on shaky ground if you use European tow ratings to pick a vehicle for towing in North America.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:52 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
towing

I pull our 13f Scamp with a ford edge 2.0 its not the greatest but with paddle shift I make it work! it does not have a towing package not needed for light weight trailers!

flat I run o/d but hills I put it into 5th

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape