Vintage Hehr Window Gaskets and Seals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: Hehr Windows
California
Vintage Hehr Window Gaskets and Seals

Hi, I am Robert. I started Vintage Trailer Shop two years ago with the goal of recreating and producing "all" the gaskets and seals for "all" vintage (square) Hehr windows. I now have in stock all gaskets and seals for the Hehr first generation (late 40's), standard, and all Jalousie windows including the 1600, 2400, 2700, 3600, and 4900 Series. The gaskets and seals for the Hehr "awning"windows, including the Clearview 10 and Hallmark 12 and 17, will be available by the end of the year. Visit my web site at vintagetrailershop.com and check out the vintage gaskets and seals currently in stock.
Upnspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upnspace View Post
Hi, I am Robert. I started Vintage Trailer Shop two years ago with the goal of recreating and producing "all" the gaskets and seals for "all" vintage (square) Hehr windows. I now have in stock all gaskets and seals for the Hehr first generation (late 40's), standard, and all Jalousie windows including the 1600, 2400, 2700, 3600, and 4900 Series. The gaskets and seals for the Hehr "awning"windows, including the Clearview 10 and Hallmark 12 and 17, will be available by the end of the year. Visit my web site at vintagetrailershop.com and check out the vintage gaskets and seals currently in stock.
Hi Robert, welcome and thanks for providing a much needed service. I have ordered several gaskets from you for my Trails West Campster windows.

I hope that someday you will be able to provide the gaskets needed for the restoration of the Trails West Campster Windows. It has been rather a challenge to find suitable replacements but I have made some progress on locating the gaskets required from various sources. The sliding windows require 6 different seal/gaskets types! What is really needed for those windows is a kit that would contain enough material to do the two sliding windows as well as the gasket for the front window. The front window gasket is the same one required for the fixed panes in the sliders. I also have available for free to anyone who wants it, including you, a file for 3D printing the small spacers that are required under the fixed pane in the slider.

I believe the windows in the Campster may well have been Hehr but the vintage is late 60s and early 70s for these windows.

I suspect that the Compact brand of trailers have a similar problem.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:12 PM   #3

California
Sliders

Hello K Corbin. What year is your trailer?
Old 08-11-2016, 01:19 PM   #4

California
Hehr 2500 Slider

During the 60s, Hehr made a Series 2500 sliding window. Do you have an original gasket cross section?
Old 08-11-2016, 11:38 PM   #5

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upnspace View Post
During the 60s, Hehr made a Series 2500 sliding window. Do you have an original gasket cross section?
I do have have original material samples. I can send you some slices of the two I can't find a good replacement for.

Plus of course I will share the information of what I did find replacements for.

I will get them mailed off to you shortly.

My trailer is a 1971 but they started making the model in 1969 which means the windows will have predated 1969 as they would have used them during the prototype phase of the project.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:51 PM   #6

California
Seal Photo

Before you spend postage, if you could just show me via a photo what each gasket cross section looks like.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #7

Name: Brad
Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Ontario
Do you still have your shop? What is the link to your site? I am in need of Hehr mouldings for my Trillium 5500.
BraddyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #8

Oregon
this is a link to his webpage for his store front.
https://www.vintagetrailergaskets.com/

Trillium is on his list for the windows he makes gaskets for.

He worked with my partner's son to custom make gaskets for his vintage Spartan trailer since it was not one of the trailers he previously had gaskets for. My friend's son lived in Pasadena which is close by to this business so that worked out nicely for both of them. So at least you now have one actual reference of their giving great customer service.

Tags
vin