waiting for my parkliner - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #41

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
if I do a 1000 mile round trip and no one was there my mom would be bailing me out of jail from burning the place down....I have zero tolerance for ppl wasting my time.
Pretty sure Deryk that if you had made your one allowed internet posting to this forum we would have come together to bail you out!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #42

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Lol...thanks Carol!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #43

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Frank why do you think its all for naught? Have you heard something that makes you think so? It looks like Cameron posted here just a few days back so they must be still in biz!
I've emailed Cameron 3 times this week Carol. If I don't hear from somebody before we travel down the highway a week from Saturday, I sure as heck am not dragging my trailer down there! It would be a waste of gas. Maybe that's the message ("don't bother coming"), I have no clue.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #44

Name: Greg(lee) and katie
Trailer: Parkliner
Virginia
Parkliner is open and building eggs!

We have been lurking here since late Feb and ordered our Parkliner early in March(4th). Because of this thread and not hearing anything since the note from them acknowledging the receipt of our deposit we drove down today (8th) from our Va house(we have a small cottage in Fl also) to see what was going on with them.

We found them open with one finished on the loading dock an one under construction. There were two frames awaiting bodies and learned there has been damage to some production tools which set the schedule back a few days.

Chandler arrived as we were leaving and told us Cameron was not with them anymore ; someone else will be handling customer and public questions.

Our opinion of Parkliner is they are a great new company with growing pains building good looking practical Eggs. We feel time will smooth out the wrinkles and improve feedback.

We were told at time of the order delivery would be in May......We do not expect it to be in May. Repairs to early units will require time out of the production line to complete and slow delivery of new units.

We hopes this helps answer some questions.

Lee and Katie
wandererlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #45

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum Lee.
And thanks for the update.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #46

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandererlee View Post
We have been lurking here since late Feb and ordered our Parkliner early in March(4th). Because of this thread and not hearing anything since the note from them acknowledging the receipt of our deposit we drove down today (8th) from our Va house(we have a small cottage in Fl also) to see what was going on with them.

We found them open with one finished on the loading dock an one under construction. There were two frames awaiting bodies and learned there has been damage to some production tools which set the schedule back a few days.

Chandler arrived as we were leaving and told us Cameron was not with them anymore ; someone else will be handling customer and public questions.

Our opinion of Parkliner is they are a great new company with growing pains building good looking practical Eggs. We feel time will smooth out the wrinkles and improve feedback.

We were told at time of the order delivery would be in May......We do not expect it to be in May. Repairs to early units will require time out of the production line to complete and slow delivery of new units.

We hopes this helps answer some questions.

Lee and Katie

I wish you Good Luck with that.
Flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Cameron is gone?
What happened to Aaron?
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 8.37.15 PM.png  
Old 05-08-2014, 10:48 PM   #48

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Cameron is gone?
What happened to Aaron?
Better Still what happened to the business consulted we heard all about that was going to help them get it together.... .....

Frank I hear your frustration just as I have heard the others before you.... wonder if you sent Cameron a PM from this forum if he might respond.... As I said he was here & posted on this thread on Monday.... edit to correct he posted on May 1
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #49

New Jersey
Registry
Not sure Glenn, its who I dealt with from setting up my appointment to go down there as well as met me there late friday night and was back saturday morning.

I can understand the growing pains new business but not getting back to ppl is a horrible way to do business and can cost them a lot. I used to work for Fuji Films, and they had a great reputation for product but horrific to non existent customer service.... so they brought in a company to oversee that to improve their reputation.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-09-2014, 12:33 AM   #50

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I don't own a Parkliner, but I have looked at them, and like the layout. But, with all the complaints I have read on this forum, no way would I waste my time and money on them. I wonder how many other people would have done business with this company if it were not for their poor customer service? We have only heard from those who are Parkliner owners who put their faith in this business.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:07 AM   #51

Name: Laurel
Trailer: parkliner
Maryland
After Cameron posted her, we received one email from him stating he thought the problem had been resolved and asked to remind him what the issue was with our park liner. I sent him an email and never heard back. Also have not heard from Tom, the business consultant who was working with Chandler. We are going to take the camper into a local place to be fixed and gone over. We will pay then send a copy of the bill to Chandler. Maybe he will pay, maybe not. But we will enjoy our park liner and look forward to many trips and time spent in it!
LaurelMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:59 AM   #52

New Jersey
Registry
Its a shame, but if ParkLiner does go under the only person that Chandler will be able to blame is himself. They make a great product, but with poor attention to the customer the word will get around and a lot of potential sales won't happen.

Its too bad.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:26 AM   #53

New York
Yesterday I contacted two news organizations that have covered ParkLiner. One is the local Fox news, and they got back to me. They tried calling ParkLiner and got no response (surprise!), and asked me to let them know how things work out. I also contacted Business North Carolina (which I believe is a web magazine), but they have not got back to me. I left a phone message for Chandler this morning, so we'll see what happens.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-09-2014, 07:44 AM   #54

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner
Pennsylvania
Frank and all:
Did not mean to start a shower of concern! We gave Chandler our deposit on March 17, 2013 and told him that we weren't in a hurry, just wanted to lock in the current price. And both of these were accomplished: prices were locked and "not in a hurry" was interpreted in the broadest sense. After numerous missed promise dates, our pick-up date was Monday, April 7, 2014. The funny part is that we arrived at 9:30 am (after spending yet another night in Gibsonville) to find a crew of four still working on it. Galley sink was still a hole! However, we really wanted it, so we're glad we waited. Around 1:00 pm "Parker" was finally ready and we towed it home with our 2014 Honda Pilot without issue. (Didn't even know it was back there other than transmission downshifting on hills.)
Frank, the good news for you is that having spent so much time waiting in the "office" we can assure you that your name was clearly on the calendar for your service work third week in May. So don't worry, be happy! (We have been following ParklLiner chatter here on FiberglassRV for over a year so most of you are household names.)

Cap' n
Capn Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #55

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Linda K's website mentions an "investor" I wonder how you could go about trying to contact them for help. So if nobody picks up the phone when you need them is there really even a warranty provided I wonder. I would read up on something similar to the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act on Wiki. Enacted by Congress in response to the widespread misuse by merchants of express warranties and disclaimers. But surprise, Parkliner customers have reported on the forum here they were never provided warranty terms and conditions in writing.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #56

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Bob View Post
Frank, the good news for you is that having spent so much time waiting in the "office" we can assure you that your name was clearly on the calendar for your service work third week in May. So don't worry, be happy! (We have been following ParklLiner chatter here on FiberglassRV for over a year so most of you are household names.)

Cap' n
Well by golly, that is good news, thanks Cap'n! Guess I can stop worrying and just get the trailer ready to haul it down there a week from tomorrow!

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #57

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Linda K's website
Ken, who is Linda K, and how does one access her website?

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #58

New Jersey
Registry
Take what Linda K says with a grain of salt... she got his first prototype and it wasn't as completed as my 003 model... it took some work to get it up to where mine was at when I bought it lightly used. She experienced a lot of issues with Chandler not meeting his obligations...

Old 05-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #59

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
A forum member here. If I remember right, her link was not allowed here. I would guess you could PM her for link and ask her more about the customer service she received.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #60

New York
We have been put off indefinitely (mid to late July) for warranty repair on our ParkLiner trailer.

From the sounds of things, they are operating on a shoestring budget and have 6 new trailers to get out the door to have sufficient cash flow to do warranty repair. As a person involved with business development (I'm a commercial lender), I can understand that. As a ParkLiner owner, it is difficult. We rented a condo on the Outer Banks for the week after next to wait for our trailer to be serviced, based on communication we had with the company in late January. Now, a week before we were to leave, we've been put off.

All I can say is I hope they stay in business long enough for our trailer to get fixed. Otherwise it's going to very pricey to pay for out of my thin wallet. I also do not get much time off, so once they do get back to me and I have to run down to NC again, I'm wondering how I'm going to swing that!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
parkliner