waiting for my parkliner - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #61

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Take what Linda K says with a grain of salt... she got his first prototype and it wasn't as completed as my 003 model... it took some work to get it up to where mine was at when I bought it lightly used. She experienced a lot of issues with Chandler not meeting his obligations...
Actually Linda K did not have the first prototype - at the time she purchased the trailer Chandler himself had the first prototype .

I would suggest one takes Linda's experience with a *Great* deal more than a grain of salt. I have no doubt that we have one or two Parkliner owners here both current and past, who wish they had given her experience & what she said a great deal more than a grain of salt!

Her experience with the first trailer sold to a member of the public simple highlighted that Parkliner was not ready to produce a trailer for prime time due to issues with it's design. Serious design issues continued to be found on trailers made well after Linda K's. Mimi Lee's Smoking Batteries thread and well as Birminghams1 tire rubbing thread on a trailer picked up just last spring - along with a few others picked up in the same time frame. Those two examples are not the only issues that have been raised here on Parkliner trailers built well after the first prototype.

So for clarification purposes on the above the the design problems were not just with a prototype trailer! Linda's K's experience simple highlighted to those here considering purchasing a Parkliner trailer that they did not appear ready to build a trailer to a standard people here with other brands of fiberglass trailers have come to expect or that they were ready to provide an acceptable level of customer service. In other words proceed with caution!

Don't think many here either current or past owners of a Parkliner or those who seriously considered purchasing one would argue that the later issue is one that remains today.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #62

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
We have been put off indefinitely (mid to late July) for warranty repair on our ParkLiner trailer.

<cut>

All I can say is I hope they stay in business long enough for our trailer to get fixed. Otherwise it's going to very pricey to pay for out of my thin wallet. I also do not get much time off, so once they do get back to me and I have to run down to NC again, I'm wondering how I'm going to swing that!

Frank

SORRY to hear this Frank. REALLy hope they pull it together and keep the doors open. But on the chance they don't have you consider having the work done locally and sending them the bill .... saves you the gas and hotel expense of traveling there. Also you would be on record of being a creditor they owe money to and you at least have a chance however slight at received x so many cents on the dollar should they go under...
Old 05-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #63
DJO

Name: DJO
Trailer: Parkliner #40 something
Colorado
Registry
I am saddened by the info on this thread. Cameron was the ray of hope for me that Parkliner would work with us someday. We've all been cheering Chandler on despite the lack of response but now?
I'll keep a little hope going..........
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #64

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Boy this is scary, I talked to Cameron a couple of weeks ago and went through all the options but now I am really worried about the longevity of the company. Seems like such a great trailer, I sure hope I can get one….
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #65

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
All I can tell you folks is that I think ParkLiner is doing what it can given their situation. As I told their new guy (Tom Bass, the fellow I talked to yesterday that cancelled my planned work at the plant) in an email earlier today, credibility is real easy to lose and even more difficult to get back. As a commercial lender I see this stuff happen all the time. Some companies recover, others fail. It's the American way. Nevertheless I want to see ParkLiner survive, and not only survive but knock the ball out of the park.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #66

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Boy this is scary, I talked to Cameron a couple of weeks ago and went through all the options but now I am really worried about the longevity of the company. Seems like such a great trailer, I sure hope I can get one….
I don’t want to start a flame or anything by this response, this is my own opinion of the Park-liner. I like many of you visited the factory and spoke with the employees while I was there. I also read here about some of the issues prior and discussed them during my visit. I left deciding that I was not going to risk my time and money ordering a PL. The wait is inconsistent to the point that I am not sure that, at one point customers will loose their deposits and never seen a trailer delivered. I do like the floor plan but the workmanship I observed while there was not the best, they used caulk and other items to hide mis measurements and I also saw a good deal of wire splicing on direct runs. Those are the basis as well as the very poor customer service once the unit is delivered for my decision. Additionally there is 2 used PLs for sale that I have seen, and as much as I like the FP I cannot consider buying one due to the issues (tire rub, etc.) that may at some time need to be addressed by a possible out of business company, thus they may not hold their value like a Casita, Scamp or one of the more established brands.

Those are my decision points for not considering the PL in my search for a camper.
Flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #67

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
It was a wonder to behold how we "killed the messenger" spring of '13. Thanks for the positive reference to Linda K., Carol. She was a bit sparky but she didn't straddle the line. Some do.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #68

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Isn't straddling the line a fine art?
You mean she didn't cross it, don't you?
Old 05-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #69

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I don't think she thought there were any remedies to exhaust, Glenn. An early appraisal which was a bit (but only a little bit) premature.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #70

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Not getting involved in this again. However, if you care to check my website, you can find the address in my profile. At least it is there now. Not sure how long that will last, though!
Thanks, Carol, Baglo and Rabbit.

'Nuff said
LindaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #71

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
It was a wonder to behold how we "killed the messenger" spring of '13.
jack
Yup it really was! But I am not sure the use of the all inclusive word "we" gives an accurate picture of what actually happened.

Sadder still that those who have purchased trailers since whether new or used did not get to hear/read the whole story and make up their own minds as to whether the points made were valid or not or whether or not the party making the comments had enough experience with trailer ownership to be making such observations public.

Just grateful no one has been seriously hurt by it - at least not yet - especially when I see photos of what is happening under the battery of trailers built in the first year such as the ones posted just today on the thread What is the new battery Parkliner is using.

Tags
parkliner