Wanabe Bigfoot owner - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #29
Kjs

Name: Kurt
Trailer: Shopping
Pennsylvania
Thanks for your responses, espeicially the the humor. I would still like to know what size the black tank is on a Casita in the mid 2000's and a Bigfoot from the 80's or 90's if anyone knows?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #30

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Try PM'ing Daniel who responded above they have a 1991 17' Bigfoot. You could also try sending an email to a seller of either trailer at Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale and ask them.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #31

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Okay time to talk about blackwater tanks, poop and dispersed camping. I truly believe you're overthinking this. No one wants to haul sewage water or store it inside a trailer. 99% of all molded trailers have blackwater tanks inside the trailer. The secret isn't more storage, but dispersement. I'm thinking of RVSue who is out in dispersed camping for a month at a time. She doesn't hang on to blackwater, but gets rid of it. Google is your friend.

You are allowed to literally pour blackwater into the ground... through dispersement in BLM and the national forest... if you follow the rules. Can't do it within {x} amount of feet of a waterway, etc. There again, Google is your friend.

Have a DIY tote or commercial tote... drain off the amount, dig a pit.. and pour it in. Just follow the rules and be a steward of the environment.

Done.

We've found over the years, it's not blackwater storage folks are concerned with but graywater. You want to wash dishes and take a shower and wash your hair.... graywater tanks typically fill up faster than blackwater. That's why folks have figured out a way to capture graywater and pour it into the blackwater tank to flush. Same dispersement rules apply.

YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #32

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Try PM'ing Daniel who responded above they have a 1991 17' Bigfoot. You could also try sending an email to a seller of either trailer at Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale and ask them.

Hi Carol I'm still in Mexico for another two weeks but yes I do have all the sizes written down and will post them when I get home.
The only one I remember is the fresh water tank 127 litres .

Tags
bigfoot