We are Trilled!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #15

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Registry
At the rate I am going it won't be unthawed before May. The other issue is the glacial rate at which The Insurance Company of British Columbia moves. Tracking the registration is becoming a bit of a process...

Old 03-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #16

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Skis and sleeping bags OH MY!
What no chips?

Good luck in getting her unstuck. Don't you folks up in Frozenville have portable heaters and tools to unstick things?

Old 03-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #17

Name: Roland
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13ft
Manitoba
Registry
Remember Dan, you can never have too many fishing rods! Not sure about all the salsa though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastiaad View Post
The trailer still has not made it home yet (still frozen at the passenger side wheel). I may make another attempt this weekend. In the meantime I thought I would post some interior photos. The poor little trailer is absolutely loaded full of "stuff". I think there are more dollars in fishing rods in the trailer than we paid for the whole thing... and why would anyone need 5 cases of salsa?

Carol- we have our eye on that meet. Mission is actually my hometown. We will have to see what the schedule comes out like in July. I don't know if we will have the trailer ready for May.

Cheers,
Dan
Old 03-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #18

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Wow! She looks to be in pretty solid shape and complete too. Gee, can you bring a portable campstove and boil pots of water to pour over the frozen spots? What about salt? How did your wife spot it waaaaaaaaaaay back there??
Old 03-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #19

British Columbia
Registry
Jen the Egg-hunter:
My wife has been well trained at spotting FG trailers after months and months of searching. She spotted the roof top from 250 yards, but that is jumping ahead a bit... We were out driving and running some errands when she had a 'feeling' about a trailer. I thought that was a good sign and drove straight to where we had found a Monarch Ventura, knocked on the door and was disappointed to find no-one home. I got back in the vehicle and her 'feeling' was still there. "Drive to the other side of town," she said. Off we went and she lead us pretty much straight to the Trillium. A knock at the shop door and we met Ed who said the trailer was in rough shape and probably not what anyone would want (boy was he wrong). We went and had a look, decided it was perfect and then nervously went back to find out how much Ed needed for us to get it out of his yard. His price made the decision very easy and the deal was done. My wife can have this kind of voodoo magic at times and it is moments like these that I am glad she is on my side

As far as defrosting goes:
Heaters and the like won't have much effect on frozen ground with the temperatures we have had. The frost is very deep into the ground at this time of year. The big challenge with the side that is still stuck is that the rim is frozen in place. Once the rim is free it should be a little easier like the other side was... just deflate and reinflate the tire and it pops free. For the tongue jack I used a torch to free it (and about 15 mins burn time). We decided it would not be a good idea to use the torch on or near the tire

Warmer temperatures are here this week (even getting above freezing!!). At this point I have plans to chop the rim free and move the trailer this weekend. Wish us luck!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #20

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Does the stove work? I'd test it by boiling water; lots of water!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #21

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: bastiaad...Seems strange that the VooDoo only worked to find it...not unfreeze it!!! Congrats anyhoo.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 03-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #22

Trailer: 1976 Surfside TM14
the last egg meet i went to had a few trailers like yours and they took photos as there project came along, it sure makes good conversation, and one pick up new ideas from their new egg. i like your gift package that came with your unit , i only got a deck of cards and matches, welcome again
Old 04-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #23

British Columbia
Registry
Success

Success! We finally got it home tonight. We are very excited to get the inside cleaned out tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Hale Iki 002.jpg   Hale Iki 003.jpg  

Old 04-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #24

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Congratulations!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #25

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Smile Welcom

How Trilling! We know eggzactly what you are eggperiencing! We well remember the hatching of our egg. It too was a Trilling day for us.

BTW, Welcome to the eggcommunity.

A point: In your renovations do not tear out any of the interior fiberglass. It is in there as strengthening bulkheads helping your body retain its shape.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote