After months and months of lurking on this board (as well as stalking craigslist and kijiji all over North America) we finally found a Trillium
1300 just 6 blocks away. It is a 1974 1300 and is in rough shape. It seems to be just the trailer we were after (extrensive renos planned). It was parked at the back of a compound in an old industrial area and Jen needed to use her women's intuition to lead us there. Then she was too scared to knock on the door and left me (Dan) to do the wheeling and dealing. This all happened yesterday. Today (out of pure excitement) we went back to get it out of there. After a few hours work, we got two points unfrozen (the hitch and driver's side wheel) but the passenger's side is still stuck in place (sunk down to the rim and frozen). Instead of destroying the frame trying to get it out we have decided to wait until it warms up a bit (-20C today). I had a very difficult time in admitting defeat.
For now the plan is to give it a good scrubbing and once over. We plan to replace the tires
, repack the bearings, straighten up the door and get the lights
operational right away. After that we hope to use it a bit to get a better idea of our plans. Next winter will be the busy time for renovations...
Here is a picture of how we found it.