We finally found our Uhaul! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #1

Name: Rick
Trailer: Uhaul
Kentucky
We finally found our Uhaul!

Greetings from Kentucky! We just bought our Uhaul CT 13, and we're excited to start our "Vacation Adventure!" Looking forward to fixing it up and being a part of FiberglassRV.com!

Rick and April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #2

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Welcome to the Bluegrass State!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and April View Post
Greetings from Kentucky! We just bought our Uhaul CT 13, and we're excited to start our "Vacation Adventure!" Looking forward to fixing it up and being a part of FiberglassRV.com!

Mr. Rick and Ms. April,
Congratulations on finding a great looking rig! (I love the unique Get-A-Way script on it!). Lots of friendly folks here and we are glad to have you
aboard with best wishes for Happy UHaulin!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome. She looks original and complete.

There is a lot of UHaul information on this site, including in the documents center.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
I think you picked up a gem. Welcome to the best RV forum on the WWW.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Welcome! that looks like a very nice UHaul!
That's one of the few that I've seen with a roof top ac. Can you tell how the previous owner reinforced for it?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Rick, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

Thanks for introducing yourself with pictures! Looks like you've got a keeper... one that will give you many memories in years to come.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Looks to be in good condition. Lots of good info here. What fixing up plans do you have. Maybe you can make it to SC Jane's rally, if we ever figure out where & when, just an idea at this time.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #8

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Welcome. Great looking camper. Glad to have more UHaulers here. This forum has some awesome information and people always willing to share experiences and ideas. Enjoy!!
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #9

Kentucky
Thanks everyone!

Pam, we're not sure yet how they reinforced for the rooftop a/c. Hopefully we'll be able to learn more once we start the fix up.

mary and bob, we have lots of fixing up plans. New curtains, cushions, and some paint to start. For the long term were thinking about more paint, new lighting, more storage, and possibly new windows. We found out this weekend (check local listings) that we have a couple of leaky windows.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #10

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Leaky windows are common to these trailers and they can be rebuilt. Windows from Scamp can be made to fit in the front & rear, we did one in the rear of ours. We also replaced the curtains, bought foam for permanent rear bed, new power converter and all new wiring, slide out storage baskets under bed, 110 & 12 volt interior lights, drawer in place of furnace, removed lower storage bins and lower cabinet liner to gain storage space, cut an access door at floor level below furnace location to access even more storage space, outside light, hood over outside stove vent as rain will leak in there, fantastic fan in roof, removed solar panel, installed dorm fridge in place of icebox. That's the major part of our repairs. Also put shelves in closet, replaced body to frame bolts. What do you plan on painting, your exterior looks good and nothing inside should need painting. Note that the bumper is aluminum, and water may leak in around the marker lights too. If your lower storage areas have the liners you may not see the leakage around the lights. And for Pam, we had the carpet down from the ceiling in ours. In that area where the roof vent or swamp cooler is, the roof has what looks like a flat fiberglass "plate" , a flat rectangular piece maybe 1/4" thick or so. I'm not sure if it is there to strengthen the roof for an A/C unit. As I recall it extended mostly to the rear of the opening. Run your hand over the carpet and you should be able to feel it. We have no intention of installing an A/C unit, so not concerned about that. Apology if I'm repeating myself, can't remember who I said what to, and if you haven't read old posts you may miss some info, so here it is again. Any questions, just ask, there will be plenty of answers, and some of us even agree at times, otherwise you have to figure out which one works best for you.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Agree with Bob on the paint. If the issue is gloss, check out the "not polyglow" thread. You can also see what floor wax does by clicking on the blue word "registry" under my avatar to see my trailer.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #12

Name: Deb
Trailer: Sold:::SCAMP
Arizona
What a great find - Enjoy
Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #13

Kentucky
We're going to put a fresh coat of paint on the wooden shelves and doors. Thinking about painting the cabinet doors to give it a little personal touch. Painting the outside is not in the plans at the moment.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #14

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Really like the Get-a-way decals also. Nice looking unit. I'm sure you will start many great conversations with other campers that want to know more and see more. Do you have any information on the previous owners besides U-Haul of course.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #15

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Agree with Bob on the paint. If the issue is gloss, check out the "not polyglow" thread. You can also see what floor wax does by clicking on the blue word "registry" under my avatar to see my trailer.
MR. Rick and MS. April,
Here's the link, we guarantee you will not be disappointed with the results!!!
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ell-43004.html
Old 05-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #16

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: UHaul
California
Registry
Our UHaul Family keeps growing!

Welcom Rick and April,

As you can see this is such an engaging group!

You'll get so much inspiration from all the experience the good folks here share.

Thanks for sharing pics, I think you've found a real gem of an Egg there...Lucky You! I noticed this camper when I think Tom, posted a CL add a few weeks back...Thought it was nice then and now that it's part of the Egg Carton here, think it's going to get spruced up and look even better in your care.

luvrOlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul