We found a 13' Scamp! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #1

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: Scamp 1999 13' Standard
Ohio
We found a 13' Scamp!

OMG! We are THRILLED to be scamp owners now. I successfully won a bid on ebay last night and we'll be picking up our 1999 model next week....the great news is that it's only 2 hours from home. I have been looking and didn't think I'd ever find one so close to home. It seems that there are so many for sale in MN, WI, WA, CA, etc.

Anyway I have been checking out your forums and they are all so helpful. So thanks for all of the great info. Check out the photos - our scamp is in fantastic condition and the cushion upholstry looks to be like new. We got it for $6500 and think that was a pretty darn good deal!

I am excited to "make it ours" with finishing touches and plan to paint the wood cabinet fronts, which I personally am not a big fan of and change the laminate table to something more fun.

Just had to share our great news and look forward to participating in this forum more now that we are official owners of a fiberglassrv!

Jeanne
Attached Thumbnails
ScampKY.jpg   table.jpg  

corner.jpg  
jwannacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
GOOD for you Jeanne! You were always welcome to participate in FiberglassRV... now you get to participate with camping pictures, modifications, etc. TOO COOL!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Congratulations, I also have a 99 Scamp and love it.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Congratulations,
I recall the excitement of winning our first egg. It gets even better when you finally get it home.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #5

Ohio
Thank you !!! And I know, I can't wait to get it home. I already started going through all my "extra" plastic kitchen stuff & tools to put into it. Another little home. It's a dream that I have had for a long long time, and it's finally coming true! And what is even better is how it is going to help us explore and share more great experiences with our friends who camp, friends we've not camped with yet and the other campers & friends we have yet to meet!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #6

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Neato!

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the 'little escape pod' as much as I do mine, Happy Scamping!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #7

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Congratulations Jeanne
I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy our trailer.
Best wishes and happy camping.
Phil
Old 07-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #8

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Great news, I'd like to invite you to Algonac Michigan on September 7,8,9 for the Glassic Egg Scramble. We have at least 17 "Eggs" already signed up. Check out the rallies on this site and look for the Algonac meet. Its on the St Clair river and very nice State campground.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Congrats Jeanne - just in time to enjoy a big part of the summer in it! Have fun.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #10

Name: Neil
Trailer: Boler
California
Registry
Awesome! We just got a Boler two months ago. It's an exciting feeling. Your scamp is in excellent shape. You're going to have a blast in it!
nlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #11

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrats! Isn't it fun to finally score? The best feeling will be on your journey home with it! You will have a smile a mile wide! Enjoy the journey!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #12

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
Smile

I am so excited for you...I just found one yesterday in Georgia...it was not easy. There are not many in this area. Would you please post any changes you make? I would like to do the same, but don't want to hurt the value if I decide to sell. Congratulations again!
pageleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #13

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Congrats! We got both of our fiberglass RVs on ebay. We were able to look at our 13' Burro from a distance as it was close to us. Hubby, after reminding me that the auction was ending, gave me a maximum bid. I quietly upped his amount by 400 dollars. It was my grandmother's inheritance. We won it from a last minute jerk who did not realize that his competition did not up the bid by a minimum amount but a large amount. My substanstantial bid was automatically higher than his/her last-second bid.

Our VT had a buy-it-now. We found the listing here when a potential buyer was asking too many questions. We had an income tax refund in pocket and since the proceeds of the sale of our 13' Burro would help the new sale, we bought that one.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. It has changed our lives. We travel every summer and never did before. It has also changed the lives of others, as we use it to carry donations for the Lakota when we volunteer out there every year.

Right now, our VT is at the hubby's school, along with my convertible Beetle, waiting out the winds caused by Sandy to protect them from the tree in our back yard that gives shade but poops huge, car-totaling (my last Beetle) branches in the wind.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #14

Georgia
Thanks so much for your reply..so excited for you..I can't wait to pick mine up..I am looking for a rally ASAP...I want to meet the people that have the same passion. Hope all is well. Please post some pics when you have the time.

Emily
Old 10-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #15

Georgia
Thanks so much..I will look into the rally.

Emily
Old 10-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #16

Georgia
Score is exactly how I felt..the 13' Scamp is so hard to find in this area. I was so lucky...I am buying from the original owners. They only used the scamp 3 times..never used the sink or toilet...stored in a covered area...looks absolutely brand new!

Emily
Old 10-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #17

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Goodonya, Jeanne! I had to drive from VA through OH to IL (Chicago area) to get my 83 Burro. Glad you didn't have to go to such ridiculous extremes!

Paigeleigh, I saw several promising trailers listed in the Carolinas and GA while I was looking for mine two years ago... I just couldn't get to them before some other searcher beat me to them.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #18

Georgia
Makes me feel a little better...where do you live in va? I lived in Yorktown and Gloucester a few years ago.

Emily
Old 10-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #19

Ohio
Thanks everyone! I've been out of the loop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
Great news, I'd like to invite you to Algonac Michigan on September 7,8,9 for the Glassic Egg Scramble. We have at least 17 "Eggs" already signed up. Check out the rallies on this site and look for the Algonac meet. Its on the St Clair river and very nice State campground.
Wow! S Bradley! I never saw this post! I'm sorry too bu that would have been fun. However, we just got it at the beginning of August and did a total overhaul on so much. I'm not sure we would have been ready for that but would have loved it. We have taken it out 2 xs (once to a pretty good size park in KY) where we were hands down the VERY SMALLEST one there, it was kind of comical.

We are venturing out and taking our "scamper" down south all the way to Florida this Thanksgiving and stopping along the way. So I think by the time we get home we will really be seasoned scampers!!!! I'd love to hear about egg rallies. How do we (I) sign up to get notices?

And best of luck to you Cindy on the weather!!! Emily I will try to post pictures tomorrow. Going to bed now!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #20

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwannacamper View Post
I'd love to hear about egg rallies. How do we (I) sign up to get notices?
Under the Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets section of this forum. You will find the 2012 Rally Map and the 2013 Rally Map which has the meets announced so far. You will also find a Rally calender along with a thread for each meet.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp