We love our li'l Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #15
Name: Rosie
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
Hi Rosie: Does your little boler have a screen door? The first 2 things we did and we found the most valuable to our comfort, was install a screen door (to which I have since added 'roll-down' clear plastic over the top and bottom halves to let us keep the outer door open even on colder days)! Then we converted the front couch to a table for two (and I have since added a flip top to this little table which allows 4 people to sit and play cards should it be raining).
All the rest of the stuff - awnings over the windows, new cupboard doors, tremclad paint, TV antennae (which we never use), etc. etc., can come later.
The easiest way to stop stuff from moving around? -
#1, buy a bag of mixed length BUNGIE CORDS
#2, stick-on velcro works really well on utensil drawers etc.
Once I get our winter cover off, I'll take some updated pics and post them.
We've had our boler since 1997 and every year I have engineered some new comfort to "The Boogie Boler" so that can be a great hobby too - small steps.

Thanks for the tips. We haven't done much to the Boler. It was in quite mint condition when we purchased it. THe only upgrades that were made by the last owner was electric brakes and a small battery for power.

We'll consider the screen door. But we absolutely want to put in a front dinette sooner than later. We enjoy having the bed down (that's normally how it stays as we eat outdoors in our kitchen tent).

I look forward to seeing pictures.

travel_buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Originally Posted by travel_buzz View Post
Hi Jim and Charlynn,

Regarding the kayaks... We were concerned about the turning radius with the kayaks on top of the car. We just got our Honda Element and haven't put the racks on quite yet. Our last vehicle was a Rav4 and it just wouldn't work. The Kayaks were simply too long and wouldn't alow for turns (especially sharp turns).

So... no problems with this?
If your car mounted kayak is centered on the tow then you should have no problem. Being centered means that your trailer swings around it. One of my kayaks is a SOF 18 footer and I can take it along on our Highlander.

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #17
Name: Roland
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13ft
Welcome from Manitoba

Hi Rosie, you will find a ton of great information here. Good to see another Manitoban and good luck with your plans.

Don't forget about our Manitoba Rally which is August 17-19, at St. Malo Provincial Park, you can get many great ideas on projects and just meet some very nice and informative people. More info is in the Rally Forum on this site and last year we had over 40 participants with all makes and models and years of trailers!
Roland H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
Name: Rosie
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Hi Roland,

We'll definitely try to make the rally. My parent's have had a cottage in St Malo for nearly 40 years. I practically grew up there... We may hit another rally in New Brunswick in July!

travel_buzz is offline   Reply With Quote