We ordered our Scamp today! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #1
KMS

Name: Kay
Trailer: Heading to Minnesota to pick up my Scamp 13!
California
We ordered our Scamp today!

After a lot of discussion and some Scampvisiting, we decided to get a new Scamp from Minnesota with exactly the specs we want. We spent a lot of time reading threads on this website, I can tell you all.

We are getting a 13 standard layout #1 w/package, along with extra cabinets and lights, brakes, fan, potty, awning, and a few other things. We have a minimal towing vehicle so went with a spartan approach. I am sure it will feel like luxury to us tent campers.

We will drive out to get it 2nd week of July. From California! With three Aussies!
I'm pretty excited actually.
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #2

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
Awesome, congrats! Spartan keeps it simple!

3 Aussies!? We've got 2 ourselves. :-)
Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
KMS

California
Well you are obviously one short. Not enough shedding!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #4

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Congrats on ordering the Scamp! What route are you planning to come home?
We ordered from the factory also. By the time the day came to pick up the trailer I think I was down to about 2 hours sleep I was so excited
Phil
Old 05-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Shakedown

Congratulations!
We also have a basic Scamp similar to yours, minus the brand-new shine. We love ours and I'm sure you will, too.

Some advice I've read several times in different places is to plan to spend at least several days in the vicinity of the Scamp factory as a shakedown. Try out every system to catch any manufacturing defects before you head back to CA.

I'd also recommend purchasing some basic maintenance items, like rivets and rivet caps, while you are there. They're cheap, but shipping is pricey later (as I have found out!). Perhaps some of the long-timers on this forum could suggest other maintenance items worth having on hand…

Enjoy!!!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #6

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Ask Scamp to air it out a bit before your pick up, though Summer temps will help. We picked up in January and the odors from adhesives, etc. would have made sleeping on the way home difficult. The odor was all gone after a week of open vents and no doubt would go faster in July temps. Congrats on the new Scamp. We love ours and bet you will too.

John
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #7

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Congrats on the new Scamp.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #8

Name: Bill
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
Congrats and safe travels with your new egg.
Chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
KMS

California
Does anyone have any suggestions for things to bring with us, stuff we will need on the trip home?
Old 05-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Some Basics

If you are new to trailering, here are some basics: wheel chocks, pads for tongue jack & rear stabilizers, leveling pads and an RV-type level, potable water hose, adapters for different electrical outlets, tire pressure gauge, a lighter for the stove, and a basic tool kit (screwdrivers, adjustable wrench, pliers, scissors). You will also need something to catch grey water from the sink. Scamps without baths have a garden hose fitting (female) on the outside near the sink. A short length of cut-off garden hose (male end) running into a bucket will work. (I've heard of places that don't let you run grey water into an open container anymore, but I haven't run into that yet.)

And of course, work with Scamp and your mechanic to make sure your TV is properly equipped and set up to pull the trailer home safely. Figure at least 1600+ pounds (see the thread "Trailer Weights in the Real World" if you haven't already).

Have fun waiting and preparing!!! It will be a great adventure. I hope you'll get to visit some places on the way.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #11

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Very cool! Pics are required here! Enjoy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp