Welcome to New Members - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2016, 08:25 AM   #181

Name: Gary
Trailer: 79 Trillium Jubilee
Texas
Howdy from Texas. My wife and I are picking up our 1979 Trillium Jubilee tomorrow. It is a one owner originally tagged in Minnesota, Don't know how it got to Texas, but I'm glad it did. We're looking forward to many trips with this trailer. Tow vehicle is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler.
gamalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:10 AM   #182

Name: angel
Trailer: Honda
California
Hi.. I am nice to join

Hello everyone... I am new one in this forum. Nice
angelpatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #183

Name: Tom
Trailer: Escape 17
British Columbia

Hi! We are new to the forum. It looks like a great place to get information. My wife and I are starting to look for a trailer so I will be doing lots of reading here.
Tsquared
Tsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #184

Name: Leslie
Trailer: Scamp 16'
California
Hello!

I just joined your community today and am excited to have this resource to learn and connect with you all!

I am planning on early retirement soon, and I want to get a 16' Scamp or Casita or some other fiberglass RV to pull behind a Subaru Outback. I plan to live in the RV for the next few years, exploring the western U.S., hiking and backpacking whenever possible.

I have so many questions, and I'll be asking your advice and am excited to take full benefit of all of your expertise.

Thanks!

Leslie
LeslieGErickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #185

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome Tom and Leslie,

You will find a super, mega, load of folks here with lots and lots of information.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:58 PM   #186

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
Welcome to all new members, also visitors. This place is good choice to spend more time. You will ended up more knowledges about campings and related equipments-Cheer-
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #187

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: currently shopping
SC
New to Fiberglass RVs; busy searching

I don't own a travel trailer yet, but I'm planning to go fulltime soon. So I've been researching many different TTs. Just happened to read about the Oliver travel trailers yesterday. Then found out there is a whole other world of molded fiberglass TTs. I had no idea there were so many different companies. I'm hoping to find a good TT for fulltime use. Hoping for suggestions from fulltimers already out there. thank you.
SIWELCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:58 AM   #188

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Good morning Carolyn. When looking for a trailer, any brand, it gets down to a couple of things. What can your tug tow (weight wise), what is your budget and what layout and features do you need? Those three things can be totally different for different people.

Best of luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #189

Name: Greg
Trailer: Trillium
Nova Scotia
Registry
Hi

Hi everyone, happy to be the new owners of a '75 Trillium that we have spent the last few days cleaning four decades of crud out of. We have been on your site dozens of times before we bought our Trillium, and will likely be back dozens more looking for information on whatever project we are about to tackle!
Greg and Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:52 PM   #190

Name: Dee
Trailer: shopping
California
Red face Hi back attcha!

Nice to be here. No trailer now, but actively looking. I'm retiring and hitting the road sounds so nice. I'm looking for a 2-axle bumper pull, Oliver, Bigfoot or other ... something I can live and wander in full time if I want to (and I do!).
deab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:58 PM   #191

Name: john
Trailer: In the market
New York
New to the Forum

Hello All
I live in the Rochester NY area. Retirement hobby business is tour boat captain on the Erie Canal and teaching people how to drive boats. In addition to my 2 boats,
I've owned a vintage Airstream, a 16 ft Scamp and a 2008 20 ft Airstream Safari. all of which are sold. I'm now interested n getting a Casita. Might travel over to Texas to visit the factory in April. Interested in the SD 17 or maybe a Patriot.
Just wanted to introduce myself.
Cheers to all
JJ
Captain JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:58 AM   #192

Name: Marjorie
Trailer: Casita (as of 3/16)
Florida
Newbies...!

Hello... we just picked up our Casita LD 17'. Hope to join some rally's in the near future.
Marjorie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:03 AM   #193

Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
Virginia
Capt JJ
If you are going from NY to Tx you just might pass through Hohenwald TN and visit the Oliver factory for a tour. You could take the Natchez Trace Pkwy out of Nashville stop off at Hohenwald and continue on to Natchez, MS.

Stan
Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:32 AM   #194

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
Wink Hi, I am...

Donna Marie! We live in Orlando Florida and I thank you so much for adding me! I've looked forward to this stage of life with great anticipation for a very long time! This forum, i can tell already will be the go to for my questions, information gathering, support and advice...just the BEST!!! Thank you!!!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:37 AM   #195

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
Ahhhhh...so THIS is how to post a reply! Still learning!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #196
JSS

Name: Janet
Trailer: Flat top boler with id#69
British Columbia
Hello all

I am pretty new to site other then forgetting my password over and over again but have used a lot of info for a boler I bought last fall. On the registration it is a 1971 with vin #66. I scraped away a bunch of paint on hitch and found number 069 plus it is a flat top with stamped hinges still on it. I started a month ago stripping it down inside and sanding the outside since car paint was put on the bottom and was flaking off. It was originally all white. I am now in the process of painting and have the first coat of the top done but then it decided to rain here.
My question is, does anyone know the true age of this boler?
Thanks and happy to be here!
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:12 AM   #197

Name: Sylvie
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Quebec

Hi peeps!

Just adopted last week, a 1974 boler Third owner!!! Getting ready for camping season, by fixing up the inside. Changing the inside layout, dinette into permanent bed and couch into dinette. Have any of you guys ever changed/found/repaired the outside door holder? Ours is missing and would like to fix it. Thank for any suggestions.

Cheers!
Sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:10 PM   #198

Name: Cassie
Trailer: 1979 Trillium
British Columbia
We are the new owners to a 1979 Trillium 1300. We are at least the third owners but she is in great shape. After a long search we are happy we found the right trailer for our family. The front bunk is missing the top, and the cabinet doors were switch out before we purchased it, and there is a laminate type flooring that we can see is covering some (ugly 1990's) lino, but the rest is in great shape.

I have already tackled a few things on the to do list: sew new cushion covers for the dinette, install new cabinet doors and closures, and my current project is installing new curtains. I think I have come up with an ingenious idea, so I look forward to learning how to post photos that I can share in the forums.

We hear there is a meetup in Fort Langley in two weeks and we may just make the trip out there for the day to say hi and see what we can learn.

So far everyone in the community has been wonderful and very helpful.

I look forward to many hours perusing the forums and learning how I can get my hands on some new "Trillium paralellogram decals" and replace the missing reflector on the back by the belly band.

Happy Camping
Cassie Trill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:45 AM   #199

Name: LARRY
Trailer: looking to buy
New Jersey
new to fgrv

just join we had an airstream sold that to big for just two now
we looking to buy an fgrv an Casiti ot Scampy 17ft or biger we are on east cost
been looking does seam that fgrvs are on the east cost its like tx. mins.

and does any know the best year to buy ect. thanks lars50
lars50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:18 AM   #200

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars50 View Post
just join we had an airstream sold that to big for just two now
we looking to buy an fgrv an Casiti ot Scampy 17ft or biger we are on east cost
been looking does seam that fgrvs are on the east cost its like tx. mins.

and does any know the best year to buy ect. thanks lars50
Welcome Larry,
Fiberglass is definitely the way to go. Small and lightweight and no rivets. If you want something bigger than 17' trailer only BigFoot and Escape Trailers make larger models. I'd suggest attending a fiberglass rally and getting to see firsthand these little jewels.