Welcome to New Members - Page 11 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-31-2015, 02:22 PM   #141

Name: Larry
Trailer: Scamp
Wyoming
Hi- we just joined the forum (after browsing for about a year.). We just brought home our 2015 13' Scamp in mid May and we're heading out for our first trip this weekend. This is our first foray into the RV world. The forum has been helpful answering questions we had and provides lots of tips for new RV owners. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-31-2015, 03:29 PM   #142

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Welcome to the group Larry, happy travels to you.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:33 AM   #143

Name: SAMiAM
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Just purchased a 2004 Trillium Outback

Hi, in order I have owned a Boler, a Trillium Jubilee, a Bigfoot Camper, a Bigfoot trailer (21ft) and now a 13 foot Trillium. As my 18 year son says I have gone the full circle! I owned the camper and 21 footer with my hubby who passed away 8 months ago. Before meeting him I was a single mom with two little ones and we camped, travelled and visited family and friends. And now I'm a single mom again! I love reading the threads of women travelling alone because as my kids grow up they don't always want to come with me and I want to be able to go and explore and ultimately "be free". Thanks for offering a great resource!
Old 06-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #144

Name: Tony
Trailer: Shopping
California
To maureen

Hi.
My name is Tony e and I saw your post and felt I had to join and try and help you. I have been down the very same road and want to warn you to contact the dealer and CHANGE or CANCEL your order. In my opinion you will exceed. Your hitch weight when you add battery, propane. That's not including any items you want to carry....do you have a toilet?

Mike Thompson RV told me it was ok to purchase a Sedona van and a trailer they sold me and I would not exceed my hitch weight...they lied, ended up taking the trailer back but I'm stuck with the van and am still shopping for a trailer I can safely tow and not exceed hitch weight.

Call them and verify the hitch weight with battery, propane, and a little water if you have a toilet. Then how much gear can you carry. If they are not sure have them weigh the unit prior to delivery to make sure it is SAFE to tow...sorry for the long post
Old 06-05-2015, 07:50 PM   #145

Name: Fay
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Hi folks
I have friends that just bought a retro 155 and want to know if they can tow it with a Hyundai Tucson 4 cylinder. Can any one help?
Thank you
Fay

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #146

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
First... What's a "Retro 155" and what is the year of the Hyundai
Old 06-06-2015, 12:41 PM   #147

Name: Fay
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
It's a white river aluminum trailer its 14 feet 9 inches dry weight is 1840 and truck is a 2015

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #148

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Apparently the towing capacity of the 2015 Hyundai Tucson may be only 1000 lbs. OR it may be 2000 lbs. What does it specify in the owners manual that came with the vehicle? That's the real rule here.
But in either case it is under the capacity for that trailer as it will go to at least 2400 lbs when even lightly loaded. MFG dry weights are notoriously light.

If you hadn't noticed, this is a forum primarily for Molded Fiberglass Trailers. If you look at the bottom of the page you will find several links to sister sites that deal with other constructs.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #149

Name: George
Trailer: In the market
New Mexico
Smile New member saying hi

Thanks for the welcome, Pam. I hope I'm doing this first-ever post correctly. Planning to buy FGRV in two years (retirement time). Having a blast reading threads. Hope I don't get booted off for never posting, because this forum is a great learning experience, and I have no questions yet!
Old 06-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #150

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market
NSW
Smile Hi I am from Australia

I have visited the U.S. several times and you might have seen my general RV posts on RV Net.
One sector that tends to be missed on those forums, is your fibreglass communities small travel trailers or Caravans as we call them.
Egg Caravans i e The Sunliner and other fairly small Caravans are being resurrected as Retro Caravans
As well we have many RV types that are rare or do not exist in the U.S, most orientated to Off Road use, severe or moderate
An average Caravan in Australia, has a min 20ft internal length, made from composites,wood and Aluminium. Interiors are "Australian " extreme contemporary styling, rarely wood, very shiny interiors easy to clean, big windows, A/C, ABS as well as Trailer control etc. you can get solar, lithium batteries whole range of other options ,weights from 6,000-8,000lb
BIG DIFFERENCE between our Caravans and European/US models, is the suspensions and hitches. Many orientated to Off Road use .PS You can PM me if you want to ask about non Fibreglass RV's
Old 06-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #151

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
everyone, glad you joined us.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #152

Name: Catherine
Trailer: researching buy options
California
Lightbulb Greetings! So much to learn here...

Hi neighbors,
My name is Catherine and I've decided at age 65 that it's time to hit the road, live it up and glamp a little!
I'm here to learn about the various kinds of trailers, tow vehicles, tips'n'tricks and particularly hints about travelling with dogs, as I am currently "owned" by two very much loved, very spoiled Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
Me? Like to do art, both digital and "analog", creative writing, have something of an impish sense of humor that is especially likely to spill over into the digital art (just you wait...! Bwaa-hah-haaaa!!! ).
Until I'm an actual Happy Camper, I'll be mostly lurking, occasionally posting, pounding my calculator keys, checking the classifieds, looking up ratings for RV parks and their dog rules, that sort of thing.
Thanks for having me!
Catherine, and the Royal Spaniels
Old 06-15-2015, 04:54 PM   #153

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome Catherine, to our little world.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #154

Name: Joe
Trailer: U-Haul
Massachusetts
Hello Everyone!

Well I inherited my mothers U-Haul CT13, and no it is not for sale, lol. She is finished camping and asked if I wanted it before she sold it. So after a long drive last weekend, I brought it home. It needs some tlc and you will be seeing some questions from me in the forum on updates I need to do, but for now I am just saying hi All!