Welcome to New Members - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-22-2015, 05:57 PM   #155

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Welcome to the group Joe. Post some pics when you can.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #156

Name: Joy
Trailer: In the Market!
Suburbs of Philly
Hello! Another longtime lurker chiming in.
Bought a 1983 Burro a few years back and have been using it as a tent alternative for music festivals & local camp outs for a few years. It's checked out great for my needs (esp when you add a pop-up loo room).
I recently paid a guy (that I still trust) to re-wire the electric, do a safety check on shell, frame, tires, propane, bearings, chains, etc.
Now comes the customizing, I'm sure there may be sadness but I took out the sink & fresh/grey water system. Gave me tons more storage but most importantly, I'd never use it. I grew up camping with jugs & basins & a fear of what might come thru the pipes of our old pop-up Scamper.
I also had Mr P remove the scary, original heater which was apparently lacking a cover, thus the open flames. (!) I have the ability to make a thermos of tea, decent sleeping bag(s), access to Mr Buddy (with an open window) so I opted out of the flames. Likewise, a cooler (or two,one w/dry ice) in the back of my Kia Sedona (tow rate of 3500) has always been fine for my fridge needs.
I'm futzing with the sleeping/living arrangements to suit my style; photos to come.
I've got some maintenance & improvements ahead (floor, caulking, personalization) and my budget & gumption says I can do this!
I'll read/search old threads before I ask basic questions but I thank you in advance for your help!
Imjoyful
Attached Thumbnails
Me & Burro 4-20-13 a.jpg  

Old 06-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #157

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Welcome Joy! Love your trailer. No sadness in making it yours. If you don't use it. Why not use the storage?
Old 07-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #158

Name: Rob
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Hi from Ft Worth

Saying Hi,

I'm Rob. Longtime tent camper (used to hike a lot) Now I have 4 young boys and we hit state parks as often as possible. I had always liked the idea of a teardrop, but after finding these fiberglassRV's decided this was a better fit for us. So, after lurking and shopping around for a while, we have a new to us 1989 Casita Liberty Deluxe. First RV for us, so I'm learning a bit as we go.

Yes I will be putting 6 of us in this thing from time to time, but also having the boys out in a pup tent as well when the weather is nice. Maybe a little crazy, but our primary reason for purchasing was to be able to leave all the camping supplies ready to go, so we could hook up and move out to the campground quickly, Side benefits having a potty and a rinse off shower plus a guarenteed dry bed.

My Casita is clean, in good towing condition, but very bare bones. I like to make things my own, so I'll be working slowly on a few projects to turn her in to the perfect trailer for us. Right now she has No A/C, No heater, No refrigerator, No hot-water, No fan, No microwave or toaster oven, No Gray water tank, She's basic but cute :-)

I'm attaching several pics since I hear you all like pictures (I know I do)
Attached Thumbnails
CASITA_1205.JPG   CASITA_1206.JPG  

CASITA_1212.JPG   CASITA_1351.JPG  

CASITA_1347.JPG  
Old 07-11-2015, 01:48 PM   #159

Name: Chad
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
1988 Scamp renovation

Hello folks, nearly two months ago my partner and I purchased a 1988 Scamp. We're both filmmakers, and we're planning our dream film screening tour for the fall 2015... and a Scamp is an important part of that dream. We're going to start in the northeast and head West to the PNW and the loop around and travel southern route back home to North Carolina. We are stoked!

The Scamp we found had already been restored (mostly). The PO had done a lot of the dirtier work (scrubbing moldy ensolite,etc), and of course they did some things and cut some corners that I just couldn't believe. So what I thought was going to be a pretty simple "cosmetic" renovation turned into a a full on project - taking everything out but the front bench, replacing stainless steel bolts (that they had bondoed and painted over from the outside), ripping out a shoddy vinyl headliner, the list goes on and on. It has been an amazing learning process, and I want to thank you all in this forum because I couldn't be doing this without your all's insight and information. Many thanks!

We are near the end of the process (I just put in flooring last night), but I wanted to share our blog so you can see our process (although the blog is a few weeks behind the actual renovation). Again, thanks so much!

The Great American Scamper

Chad
Old 07-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #160

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Hi Chad
Looks like a fun project BUT.... Scamper (Skamper)is the name of another wll known and still in business camper builder. They once did legal battle with Scamp Trailers, who had to temporarily change their name to Acorn for about a year or so, in a lawsuit over copyright of names.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:49 AM   #161

Trailer: T@B
North Carolina
Hello everyone!
We are new to the fiberglass world, we have a T@B right now and love it but we will be moving up to a larger trailer in a year or so as I get closer to retirement.
Looking forward to learning more about these types of campers!

Dave and Daisy
Old 07-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #162

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome Dave. You've come to the right place.
Many knowledgeable folks here..............
Old 08-01-2015, 12:10 AM   #163

Name: Sheila
Trailer: Considering
Alberta
interested In Purchasing

13 or 15 foot trailer unit, w or without bathroom, in good to excellent condition, after the 2015 summer season. Unit needs to be in the Alberta, Sask or BC region. Thanks folks!
Old 08-01-2015, 02:57 AM   #164

Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaCG View Post
13 or 15 foot trailer unit, w or without bathroom, in good to excellent condition, after the 2015 summer season. Unit needs to be in the Alberta, Sask or BC region. Thanks folks!

Maybe a mod could move this post to an area with a better showing.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #165

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Sheila can also rewrite the post in the FGRV's Wanted thread and, at the same time, tell us what her approximate budget is and what she will be towing with.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #166

Name: Linda
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Hi I'm new

Going to take Casita out by myself for the first time and glad I have this forum to give advice when ready.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #167

Name: Edward
Trailer: looking
New Jersey
Ed J

Hello and thanks for the welcome. I'm starting to look for my first trailer. Really like the Scamp 19' 5th wheel and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Thanks again Ed J
Old 08-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #168

Name: Ed
Trailer: MKP Grand V
Holland
Hi all thnx for welcome,

I recently bought a MKP Grand V
i love to reconstruction them into
an old jacket with a modern interior what nostalgic campus located
so this oldie for even years holiday fun can provide