Welcome to New Members - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2016, 04:26 PM   #221

Name: Sunshine33
Trailer: Scamp
Delaware
Registry
What size is your Casita, and is there a bathroom?
Thanks
sUNSHINE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #222

Name: Frank
Trailer: RV soon to be added !!
Central Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sUNSHINE33 View Post
What size is your Casita, and is there a bathroom?
Thanks
Hi Sunshine33, It's 17' and it does have a bathroom but it might be up to 6 months away before I sell. I'll post it when it actually goes up for sell in the spring. Guess I shoulda been more specific in post 217. Sorry 33.
Take care
frankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #223

Name: Val
Trailer: Casita
New Hampshire
New Casita owner in NH

Hello - we just purchased a 2014 Casita ID (17') today. It's winterized already, and we won't be taking it out until spring (which can be quite a while in NH!) but are very excited to move from a tent to a fiberglass travel trailer. Looking forward to lots of good tips from folks here. Thanks in advance!
valharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #224

Delaware
Registry
We are no longer looking. We purchased a 13‘ Scamp today that we are very excited about.
Looking forward to meeting many new people camping.
Ann and Joe
Old 01-05-2017, 09:36 PM   #225

Name: Sheila
Michigan
New Scamp in June

Hi,
My husband and I are picking up our new 13' Scamp in June. We have never owned an RV and haven't camped much since childhood. Now in our 60s, we are looking forward to some new adventures.
We have added equipment to our minivan to make it Scamp-worthy and are reading up on RVing. Hope to get some good tips from this board.
Sheila
SheilaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:58 PM   #226

Delaware
Registry
Fun!

Hi Sheila
We are excited about our Scamp too. This is a great site and we can learn together since we have only tent camped in the past. Hope to meet you at one of the rallies. I think we might be going to the one in Niagara in September. Everyone we've met seems really nice.
Ann and Joe
Old 01-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #227

Name: Sheila
Michigan
We have only tent camped once in 47 years of marriage! So this should be interesting! Niagara is beautiful. You should have a good time.
SheilaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:54 PM   #228

Name: carol
Trailer: Scamp fifthwheel19 ft.
Pennsylvania
How do I reply to someone who wrote to me?

Sent from my Xoom using Fiberglass RV mobile app
gypsy elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #229

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy elmo View Post
How do I reply to someone who wrote to me?

With the message you want to reply to on your screen, tap the three dots at the top right. It gives you several options, one of which is "Reply."

That's how it works on the iPhone app. I think it is similar for Android devices.

You can go to settings in the main menu and enable the "Quick Reply" bar. It will appear at the bottom of posts and messages. You can also turn off the signature if you want.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #230

Pennsylvania
Debbie
Probably won't be able to leave PA til middle or end of August catch me at carolbeckner@ymail.com

Old 01-25-2017, 06:07 PM   #231

Pennsylvania
Thanks and hope I did it right

Old 03-04-2017, 11:06 AM   #232

Name: robert
Trailer: scamp
Illinois
Can't read anything or send a message.

Sent from my XT907 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
robert vogeltanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 PM   #233

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Idaho
New Trillium owner

Just purchased a 1973 Trillium 1300 from a couple from Spokane. Have been looking for a fiberglass camper for last year or two. They had taken outstanding care of their baby for the last 17 years. plan on enjoying this gem for years to come. Ron
Ronald Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #234

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your find. You can now change your trailer brand from shopping/looking to Trillium.
Happy Trails
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:40 AM   #235

Name: Marion
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Looking for kitchen support bar

Hi! I am looking for a Boler interior accessory: I would like to find an original wrought iron support bar for the kitchen cabinets. Does anyone have one they removed and would like to pass on? Or know where one can find such parts?
Thanks!
Marion in Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:09 AM   #236

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion in Alberta View Post
Hi! I am looking for a Boler interior accessory: I would like to find an original wrought iron support bar for the kitchen cabinets. Does anyone have one they removed and would like to pass on? Or know where one can find such parts?
Thanks!
Hi: Marion in Alberta... I believe Scamp Parts Store still sells them.http://www.scamptrailers.com
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:30 AM   #237

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: 13' Casita
Wisconsin
OK, I'm in!

Hi, I bought a 13' Casita last year and used it a some so we could get acquainted. I've always loved camping, but have grown tired of hauling everything out of my basement, packing my car, crawling​ in & out of a ⛺ in the rain, and reversing the process when I arrive back home. It seemed like it always rained when I camped, and (not being as young or agile as I used to be); I decided to look into getting a little camper just to keep my 'stuff' contained, and have a dry place to sleep. I discovered that I was seriously attracted to the little fiberglass units because they are light enough for me to handle on my own. After lots of searching, I was so fortunate to find my adorable unit! With more bells and whistles than I'd even hoped for, and in really good shape! I'm eager to begin camping season and have already planned a few little adventures for the season.
I do have a few little issues to work out, and will likely be making use of this site for help tips.
That's all for now.
Ktdid_kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:08 AM   #238

Name: Nan
Trailer: In the market
Missouri
Hi, I'm a newbie here and really excited to have the ability to gain knowledge from so many of you who have been doing this for awhile. I currently live in St. Louis and am working towards retirement in about a year. Hubby and I will be purchasing a small fiberglass RV to do some traveling here in the US. We are both seniors, I am 66 and he is almost 68. Is there someplace in the forum where I can ask about cars that can tow fiberglass RVs? Thanks, so happy to be here!
jerseytransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:51 AM   #239

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytransplant View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie here and really excited to have the ability to gain knowledge from so many of you who have been doing this for awhile. I currently live in St. Louis and am working towards retirement in about a year. Hubby and I will be purchasing a small fiberglass RV to do some traveling here in the US. We are both seniors, I am 66 and he is almost 68. Is there someplace in the forum where I can ask about cars that can tow fiberglass RVs? Thanks, so happy to be here!
Welcome to FGRV Nan. There is a thread here, real world trailer weights, that shows what our eggs really weigh packed for travel. They were weighed at different rallies as they were coming in. The numbers you may see from the builders are an empty rolling shell before anything else is installed...like a stove, don't believe it . You probably will get better answers by posting any of your questions on the general chat thread. Let us know what your intended tow vehicle is, # of people, bathroom/shower, how you plan to camp, hook ups or boondocking for starters. there are many different FG eggs out there to pick from, might want to look at our rally list and stop by to see and ask owners some questions. Hey, we're all full of info for you .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:24 AM   #240

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to the forum, Nan!

Dave has given good advice, especially about attending a rally, because...

It's best to figure out what kind of trailer you want/need first, then match the tow vehicle to the real world weight of the trailer*. Since most molded fiberglass trailers are sold factory direct, you can't just walk into an RV dealer to look over different makes and models. A rally is one of the most efficient ways to view a lot of different units in one place and talk to their owners, not salesmen. Many have times set aside for "open house" tours, and if not, most owners are happy to show off their trailers to a visitor. See the 2017 Rally Map to find one near you, and contact the event coordinator for advice about scheduling a visit.
*Here's a link to the Trailer Weights in the Real World database. Post #297 links to a spreadsheet of the data that can be sorted, filtered, and averaged.

Best wishes!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote