Welcome to New Members - Page 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #241

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Idaho
Tow my 13 foot Trillium with a Honda Mini van and barely know it is back there. Can also pull it with our Subaru Outback. That is one of the reasons we chose a small Fiberglass trailer. Still get good fuel economy.
Ron
Ronald Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:58 PM   #242

Name: Benny
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Hi thanks for adding me.
My name is Benny And the new owner of a 2011 17ft Casita AD. We have recently retired and are starting to do some long wanted travel.
Thank you.
Bgreat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #243

Name: Leonard
Trailer: Bigfoot
Nebraska
Hi, we are new to the rv scene, and have jumped in with both feet. We purchased an 1987 Bigfoot fifth wheel. We are going to gut and remodel the rv. After 30 years the roof sags, and things just need to be redone. I look foward to talking with other that have gone through the same process.
cassel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #244

Name: Suzie
Trailer: In the market
Arizona
Can't wait to own my own egg

Hi everyone, first off I would like to comment on what a great resource this site is. So much wonderful information and helpful people.
I have been fascinated with owning a 13' trailer for years. Now I think I'm ready to pull the plug and buy my first trailer. Before I do that I would like some suggestions on what to avoid. Recently I found a 1980 Perris Pacer for sale but needs some work. I'm not afraid of putting a little work and money into the trailer to make it my own. Thanks in advance.
SuzieArizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #245

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieArizona View Post
...I have been fascinated with owning a 13' trailer for years. Now I think I'm ready to pull the plug and buy my first trailer. Before I do that I would like some suggestions on what to avoid. Recently I found a 1980 Perris Pacer for sale but needs some work. I'm not afraid of putting a little work and money into the trailer to make it my own. Thanks in advance.
Hello from the White Mountains!

Biggest thing I would want to avoid is rotten floors. Check very carefully above and below, paying special attention inside benches and cabinets around the outer perimeter. Be especially vigilant if you see brand new laminate flooring- it may conceal issues in the subfloor.

For the myriad of other things not to forget to check, download and print out this Buyers Checklist (link only works on a browser, not the FGRV app).

Best wishes!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #246

Name: BJ
Trailer: Lil Guy
Tennessee
Newby to site.

Hello, I am BJ and hope to soon be a Casita or Scamp/Boler owner. I am looking everyday for a 13 foot. Anyone know of one close to TN for sale?
bjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #247

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
This one may still be available

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoore View Post
Hello, I am BJ and hope to soon be a Casita or Scamp/Boler owner. I am looking everyday for a 13 foot. Anyone know of one close to TN for sale?
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ced-79931.html
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #248

Name: Peter
Trailer: Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
New Jersey
I'm less than 3 weeks away from my trip to Rice TX to pick up a 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe. Can't wait to the start of the camping fun!

This is going to be my second RV. The first was a 1988 34' Georgie Boy Motorhome that my wife and I enjoyed for many years.

I look forward to sharing with the community here about our experiences with the Casita.

Regards,
Peter
Cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #249

Name: Brandy
Trailer: 1972 hunter compact Jr.
Tennessee
Glad to see more and more R.V.ers!!!

Loving this Lifestyle!!
Brad McInturff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:18 PM   #250

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: Companion
Michigan

Just purchase my very first fiberglass camper. I can't seem to find to much info online about it. It's a 1985 companion 13. Needs some interior work but other then that it's pretty sweet. I'm so excited to take her out!
Vpena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:33 PM   #251

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpena View Post
Just purchase my very first fiberglass camper. I can't seem to find to much info online about it. It's a 1985 companion 13. Needs some interior work but other then that it's pretty sweet. I'm so excited to take her out!
Yes, very hard to find info on it. But, it's very similar to a U-Haul CT13.

Joan (Joan of Shark here on the forum) also has a Companion and she's currently restoring it. Might be some valuable info there. Here's the thread link.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=78219

Congrats on your purchase. Post some photos if you can, we love photos here!
Old 07-26-2017, 09:56 PM   #252

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Just Starting

Hello All,

Just started rebuilding a 1973 13' Boler. This is a great site with great resources and I hope I can share what I learn along the way!
hudsonnhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:18 PM   #253

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonnhawk View Post
Hello All,

Just started rebuilding a 1973 13' Boler. This is a great site with great resources and I hope I can share what I learn along the way!
Welcome to FGRV Kevin, sharing info is what it's all about .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #254

Name: Steve
Trailer: Trillium
Nova Scotia
Welcome to New Members

Just purchased a 78 Trillium 1300 in May.

I grew up with great memories of camping in my dads 78 Trillium 4500.
I remember everything about that rig.

Before he sold years ago he offered it to me, at the time life was busy and I wasn't camping and figured na I'll never camp again.....Ya right funny how you think when your young, now I have a 7year old son that loves camping.
So I've been kicking myself for ever letting that 4500 go.

But after searching for years and refusing to fall into the tent trailer trap I finally landed a Trill, no regrets either,
Just like riding a bike!

Great site, I've been coming here for years just to drool over the wealth of great info. It will be put to good use.

Name:   IMG_1455.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  109.8 KB
Stevie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #255

Name: Tom
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB
Minnesota
Hi from Minnesota

Greetings,

I just went out to Washington to buy Bigfoot TT and towed it back to Minnesota. I've had a few short outings aside from the drive back. Glad to be here!

Tom
Tom Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:32 AM   #256

Name: ray
Trailer: shopping
ks
new rving

Hi I'm rayc. Looking for an escape 5.0 TA. Not having a lot of luck. But I'll keep looking.
rayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:37 AM   #257

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Ray,
you may have better luck over on the Escape Forum Escape Trailer Owners Community
Old 10-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #258

Name: kelli
Trailer: 2005 keystone outback
Indiana
Thank you for the add!

My husband and I own a 2005 Keystone Outback and we are full time. We live with our two Siberian huskies.
kpsaddleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #259

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Good Morning All,

New members here, making an introduction. DH and I have decided that the Casita Independence will be the right model for us. We currently have a T@G and we anticipate ordering the Independence in the next 6 months. We are aware of the delivery timeline (6 months+) and are OK with it in the grand scheme of our plans.

We attended Eggshells at the Outerbanks this year as "Little Guy" customers (T@G) and seeing all the "Eggs", confirmed for ourselves that the Independence is the right next RV for us. We toyed with the idea of full-timing in a Class A...but that is just not our style. While they are bright and shiny and spacious, we just can't envision traveling down the road in an "apartment" hehe. We love our little T@G, nicknamed Mercury, but the need for a wet bath is becoming really evident :-)

We met some lovely people at the rally, who graciously gave tours of their Casitas and Scamps and the sense of community also reassured us that a Casita and the community built up around them is the right thing for us.

It is a pleasure to "meet" you all and I can see from reading the forum, you all are very generous with your time and experience. We look forward to joining you all on the road soon.

Jane and Paul (aka Millie online)
MillieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #260

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp
New Mexico
Hi, We are new members. After many(37) years of back-packing & car camping, yy husband & I purchased a new 13' Scamp in April. On the way to Minnesota, we stopped at the cousins' farm in Missouri, where the husband got a tick bite & developed Lyme disease. Kinda put a crimp in our further camping. But he is feeling a lot better now (thanks to Medical Marijauna-legal here in New Mexico), so we hope to be out on the road soon!
Poodlesrule is offline   Reply With Quote