Welcome to New Members - Page 15 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-15-2016, 07:12 AM   #197

Name: Sylvie
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Quebec

Hi peeps!

Just adopted last week, a 1974 boler Third owner!!! Getting ready for camping season, by fixing up the inside. Changing the inside layout, dinette into permanent bed and couch into dinette. Have any of you guys ever changed/found/repaired the outside door holder? Ours is missing and would like to fix it. Thank for any suggestions.

Cheers!

Old 05-20-2016, 12:10 AM   #198

Name: Cassie
Trailer: 1979 Trillium
British Columbia
We are the new owners to a 1979 Trillium 1300. We are at least the third owners but she is in great shape. After a long search we are happy we found the right trailer for our family. The front bunk is missing the top, and the cabinet doors were switch out before we purchased it, and there is a laminate type flooring that we can see is covering some (ugly 1990's) lino, but the rest is in great shape.

I have already tackled a few things on the to do list: sew new cushion covers for the dinette, install new cabinet doors and closures, and my current project is installing new curtains. I think I have come up with an ingenious idea, so I look forward to learning how to post photos that I can share in the forums.

We hear there is a meetup in Fort Langley in two weeks and we may just make the trip out there for the day to say hi and see what we can learn.

So far everyone in the community has been wonderful and very helpful.

I look forward to many hours perusing the forums and learning how I can get my hands on some new "Trillium paralellogram decals" and replace the missing reflector on the back by the belly band.

Happy Camping

Old 05-22-2016, 06:45 AM   #199

Name: LARRY
Trailer: looking to buy
New Jersey
new to fgrv

just join we had an airstream sold that to big for just two now
we looking to buy an fgrv an Casiti ot Scampy 17ft or biger we are on east cost
been looking does seam that fgrvs are on the east cost its like tx. mins.

and does any know the best year to buy ect. thanks lars50
Old 05-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #200

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars50 View Post
just join we had an airstream sold that to big for just two now
we looking to buy an fgrv an Casiti ot Scampy 17ft or biger we are on east cost
been looking does seam that fgrvs are on the east cost its like tx. mins.

and does any know the best year to buy ect. thanks lars50
Welcome Larry,
Fiberglass is definitely the way to go. Small and lightweight and no rivets. If you want something bigger than 17' trailer only BigFoot and Escape Trailers make larger models. I'd suggest attending a fiberglass rally and getting to see firsthand these little jewels.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:33 AM   #201

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Larry! Except for a small fifth wheel, Scamp's biggest trailer is 16'. Other options in the 17+ size include Escape, Bigfoot, Lil Snoozy, EggCamper, and Oliver. Casitas are far and away the most common.

You're right, used molded fiberglass trailers can be hard to catch, and not just on the East Coast. Good ones sell quickly almost anywhere. A newer one is less likely to have issues, but I wouldn't automatically rule out an older one, nor fail to inspect a newer one closely. Maintenance is everything. Like Airstreams, molded fiberglass trailers can last almost forever with good maintenance, but the enemy is floor rot from neglected leaks.

Best wishes as you "right size" your trailer!
Old 05-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #202

Name: Lucius
Trailer: Inquiring Mind
Georgia
Just joined yesterday when I was searching for information on Nest. My wife and I have always been curious about fiberglass and admired the variety of units we see at TCT rallies and other RV events.

For now we're happy with our Airstream but maybe we'll find ourselves with a fiberglass unit at some point.

Thanks in advance for all the information I know I'll find here. The Social Knowledge Communities are great resources on a wide variety of subjects.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #203

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Ironically, Nest Caravans has been sold to Airstream who seem to be entering the fiberglass market.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:55 PM   #204

Name: Lucius
Trailer: Inquiring Mind
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ironically, Nest Caravans has been sold to Airstream who seem to be entering the fiberglass market.
Yep, I first heard of Nest a few months ago when Airstream began a series of announcements about a new trailer they would sell. So now I'm here on the fiberglass forum trying to learn more.

Perhaps I'll end up with fiberglass and it will still be an Airstream!
Old 08-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #205

Name: Bronx Bob
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Smile Long time traveler's.

Howdy all. Three years ago, we came off the road after 12 years full timing. Workamped most of that time here, as well as in my wife's homeland New Zealand for three years. Sold off all RV equipment (Volvo 610 Semi with Geo Tracker mounted on flat-deck, hauling a 33' triple slide 5th wheel- 68' long) now looking for a reasonably priced egg within a day's drive from North California.
I realize these campers seem rare in my neck of the woods. But, last week something really strange happened. On the way home from a weekly shopping spree, we came across a 13' 'Lil Big Foot egg with out of state tags sitting outside three separate driveways. I took a chance and left our business card writing "If interested in selling, we're interested in buying". Two days later, a voice message on my cell phone stated "My son said you're interested in buying the camper. He would not take less then $XXX.00." I returned the call leaving MY message that we were very interested in the trailer. It's now day 5 and NO reply. I must have sounded TOO eager agreeing on the purchase price. My guess; the owners are now checking what these "eggs" are selling for, figuring they would be giving it away at the price they quoted. . . Guess I'll be waiting for the fall to find our 'lil gem.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:26 AM   #206

Name: Bronx Bob
California
The Power Of Positive Thinking

Okay 5 days past without any contact as I explained in my last post. Today at noon, this seller phones asking if I'm still interested in buying his camper. He quoted the same firm price. We'll be checking out the unit this Sunday. If the interior looks as good as the outside, guess we got ourselves a 13' Lil Big Foot. More to follow. .
Old 08-27-2016, 11:25 PM   #207

Name: Angel
Florida
Newbie from Florida

Hello Newbie to the RV world. Me and the wife , we are looking to start our journey and we are looking to buy an fiberglass RV. We were looking some of the rpods, mpg 19 and more. We will appreciate any tips, guidance and advise.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:07 AM   #208

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canopr3600 View Post
Hello Newbie to the RV world. Me and the wife , we are looking to start our journey and we are looking to buy an fiberglass RV. We were looking some of the rpods, mpg 19 and more. We will appreciate any tips, guidance and advise.
Welcome to FGRV Angel. The world of small TTs has many choices for everybodys camping style and needs. This site is pretty much dedicated to fully molded fiberglass TTs, a fiberglass shell with no wood or metal framework. Other than the shell build, the rest is common to all RVs. You can see a list of most of the makes on the home page. I think it's safe to say that 99.9% of members here have had every type of RV out there and can answer any particular questions you have. Being you're just starting to look, you may want to go to one of the molded rallys we have to get a good look at a number of different makes and talk to owners. Good luck in your search.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #209

Name: J
Trailer: Cadet
Ontario
Hi everyone. I am in ontario and I'm looking for a boler,surfside or any small fiberglass camper. Thought I would join to see if I can find any leads.
Would be pulling with a 4 banger terrain and the weight of these are a perfect fit for my family and car.

Thanks for having me
Old 09-06-2016, 09:31 PM   #210

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13
Florida
New Scamp 13 owner from Atlantic Beach FL

Hello Everyone! I've seen some great ideas from very creative people here. I can't wait to get camping.

I found a 1977 13 foot Scamp that was recently rebuilt from bottom up. Body was completely removed and the frame sand-blasted. all was painted with two step primer and automotive Acrylic. Everything inside was replaced with new from the Scamp factory. No more OSB or particle board—replaced with pressure treated plywood.

Glad to be here with this group!

Mika