Welcome to New Members - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #21

Thank you
violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #22

Glad to join you folks. Just bought my first...1978 Trillium 1500. Love at first sight. A couple of cleaning and restoring issues, however, I needed a new project. Any suggestions on an awning? Has what appears to be a long track where maybe a unit clips I. Many thanks!
Len
Nortondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #23

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortondawg View Post
Glad to join you folks. Just bought my first...1978 Trillium 1500. Love at first sight. A couple of cleaning and restoring issues, however, I needed a new project. Any suggestions on an awning? Has what appears to be a long track where maybe a unit clips I. Many thanks!
Len
Hey Nortondawg congrats on the Trillium. They are excellent trailers.

I am confused however. While there are Trillium 1500's, the were built only recently. In 1978 there were two models. The 1300, (13' long), and the 4500, (4500 mm long, (or about 15')). The easiest way to tell them apart is if there is a square flat spot to the left of the entry door, which may, or may not have a furnace vent in it.

Take a look at the serial number thread if you want lots of pictures:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post455829

Also, please consider adding your Trillium to the list.

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of info here.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #24

Obviously, I am a newbie! It's the 13 footer!
Nortondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #25

Hi there we just bought a new bag awning off ebay, check them out it just slides in the track. Violet
violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #26

I'm Windy May from Lethbridge, Alberta Canada. I currently own a 72 13' boler and will be 'upgrading' to a later 70's model end of this month. I'm donating my current boler, 'Minty' to my little sisters. Haven't decided what to name the new one yet...

Here's Minty. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1399606130.776921.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	70815
Windy May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #27

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome Windy.
I'm sure your sisters are thrilled.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #28

Name: K0JFF
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota

Hello, Jeff here. I have a Scamp 16' with side dinette and front toilet. Love it. I am here to learn more about maintenance and customization. My camper is a 1998 model with very light use so far. I am the third owner. We live in Minnesota and camp until the weather hits about 45 degrees in the fall.
K0JFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #29

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
the Forum KOJFF.

Glad you have joined us.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #30

Name: tracy and sue
Trailer: kicking tires
California
Good day all,
We are literally at the kicking tires stage. We love camping, just starting to get tired of getting up off the air mattress/ground in the tent. I think the last rain storm and mud we went through put the punctuation mark on our idea to start looking for a trailer or rv.

We have two Hondas - an Element (2008 fwd auto) and a CRV. We have a tow hitch on the Element, and that is the one we would like to use. it is rated for towing 1,500#.

I've read several of your threads regarding tow weight etc. I really appreciate the knowledge of the community here and look forward to learning more before we commit.
Right now we are leaning toward something in the 13' range - esp with the 1,500#limit. Would love to hear from folks that have suggestions - we would like a larger bed, and the toilet floor plan, while preferred, is not a must have.

We are pretty handy, so a minor do-it-yourself fixer upper is not that daunting to us - altho neither of us have worked in fiberglass.

Thanks again for your collective knowledge and community.
Regards,
tracy and sue
the yank and kiwi
(inland southern california)
yankiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #31

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Welcome to the Group
Unfortunately you will find requirements like large bed & a loo, plus under 1500 lbs, to be mutually exclusive terms. Same goes for anything over 13'. There is a listing of Real World Trailer Weights in the General Talk forum that will give you some ideas about what they really weigh.

I have pulled both a 13' Scamp w/bath and a 13' Bigfoot w/o bath with a 2009 CRV and, yes the Scamp was very heavy, but the BigFoot worked out a lot better.

Be sure to get actual weights. Mfg and sellers weights are often based on a bare and empty unit and are always low, often up to 50%.

Good Luckl

BTW: Where are you in CA?

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #32

California
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the info. I'll check out the posts on the Bigfoot. I did read through the real world thread - super helpful and interesting.
I think we are more interested in a comfortable bed (having gone thru the whole air mattress deflating and sleeping on the cold ground episode) over having a loo. So if it is one or ta other - we'll go for the bed.

We are in the Hot Side of the Moon - aka the Riverside, CA, area. lol
Cheers
tracy
Old 05-19-2014, 07:04 AM   #33

Here is a link to pics of the 13' Lil'Bigfoot I mentioned above. You might also look at the Hunter pics shown in my Photobucket library.

The Best 13 Ft RV On The Planet Photos by advocateone | Photobucket

I am also in Riverside (Woodcrest) and, if you would like to see the Hunter, feel free to P.M. me for a meet-up.

BTW: What's this with "The Hot Side of the Moon"? I hadn't noticed any real hot weather hereabouts of late!

Old 05-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #34

Name: Arklee
Trailer: In market
Ohio
Welcome to New Members

My husband & I are looking for our first FGRV. We like the looks of the Parkliner. Does anyone have any advice on these trailers?
Arklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #35

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arklee View Post
My husband & I are looking for our first FGRV. We like the looks of the Parkliner. Does anyone have any advice on these trailers?
Hi, welcome and best of luck in your search for an FGRV. Lots of good makes to choose from. The Parkliner trailer gets lots of praise here, however the management gets mixed reviews. Rather than discuss further here the merits of any trailers on this thread, please do a site search for Parkliner in the title of the thread, and read through that first. Then, if you have further questions, I would suggest you start a new thread on this topic, where others can join in.

And to other members, let's please keep this a welcoming thread, and not mix in discussion on the merits of the various brands of trailers.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #36

California
very cool pulling with a CRV - we will use our Element. i've use "the hot side of the moon" to describe the IE for years now. lol just wait until summer really arrives...
Old 05-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #37

BTW: We found the Lil' BigFoot right here in Riverside. It was on Craigslist.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #38

Name: Kristine
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Hi there my 1978 boler named earl lol that's how our ownership transferred over lol roof collapsed during this long snowy northern ontario winter it's roof needs some major repair when pounded back it maintains it's shape but fibreglass is completely cracked in areas. Bought boler in refurbished condition sadly I'd like to restore the whole thing as the layout is not what I want. Previous owner made permanent bed and removed table and removed bench and placed small table and chairs with no storage. Fridge is new and sink and furnace have been removed a wooden counter is in it's place. Need a new window possibly but also window cranks are missing inside. Love my little camper but need a lot of advice glad I'm here!
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #39

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
Hi there my 1978 boler named earl lol that's how our ownership transferred over lol roof collapsed during this long snowy northern ontario winter it's roof needs some major repair when pounded back it maintains it's shape but fibreglass is completely cracked in areas. Bought boler in refurbished condition sadly I'd like to restore the whole thing as the layout is not what I want. Previous owner made permanent bed and removed table and removed bench and placed small table and chairs with no storage. Fridge is new and sink and furnace have been removed a wooden counter is in it's place. Need a new window possibly but also window cranks are missing inside. Love my little camper but need a lot of advice glad I'm here!
Earl, Sorry to hear about the snow damage to your boler. Make sure to go to the 'Problem Solving' section of this forum to post questions and concerns that you need help with. You will get a lot of help from many experienced members.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:37 AM   #40

Name: Eddy
Trailer: 17' bigfoot
British Columbia
Hi, just bought a 79 Bigfoot I always wanted 1 of these and finally got one after a 2 year search. It is in decent shape but I will be looking to add to it and update it with some original parts anybody that knows if there is any Bigfoot parts please let me know. I live in Vancouver, BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Ecriders is offline   Reply With Quote