Welcome to New Members - Page 20 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2020, 06:12 PM   #381

Name: Steven
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
New to the RV life

Hello all, I'm Steve and last March, 2020 I bought a 2018 Casita Feedom Deluxe that was in practically new condition. Due to personal reasons I couldn't travel until August. I spent 2 months adding solar to it, then a few more doing other "modifications". I'm thrilled with the results.

My first trip was a 5,000 mile, 3 week trip from North Carolina to Arizona and wanderings in between. I didn't need to plug in at all during the trip.

I'm pleased to join Fiberglassrv.com and be able to compare notes.

Hope to see ya'all around.

Steve
StevePaynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:46 PM   #382

Name: Robin
Trailer: 2020 13’ Scamp
Maryland
From Toy Sunrader to a 13’ Scamp’

Hi All!
I joined a long time ago but have not been here for a good while. Glad to be back.
I’m downsizing from a class c to a 13’ travel trailer. I’ve found it hard, when camping In the class c on my own, to leave the campground without packing everything up if I forgot something vital.
I’m leaving to pick up a 5 month old 2020 13’ Scamp. I’m super excited, and I hope to Learn a lot and hopefully share knowledge with you too. Happy camping!’
Robink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:49 PM   #383

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2001 Casita 17' SD
IN
New guy here from Indiana. Picked up a 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe last weekend that's a bit of a project. It needs quite a bit of TLC but the price was right. The Wife and I are really excited and planning to have it ready to go in the spring. Being from the home state of the RV capital of the country we feel we can get it done.

Stopping by for tips, tricks and ideas form the RV world! ~Ron
Attached Thumbnails
KIMG1764.JPG  
Motoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 03:06 AM   #384

Name: Frances
Trailer: Casita 17 Freedom Deluxe
Arizona
Hi everyone, I’m nw to the group. My husband died this year which leaves me as a solo camper/traveler. I have a Casita Freedom Deluxe 17’. I would like to meet with groups in my area. Prescott AZ. Does anyone know what week in January the big tent is set up in Quartsite AZ, or are they even going to have that gathering this year?
FabulousFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #385
PJD

Name: PJ
Trailer: Burro
Pennsylvania
Renovating 1985 Wide Body 17' Burro

Hi All,
Been lurking for awhile and really appreciate the wisdom shared on the boards! My partner purchased a 1985 Wide Body 17' Burro in 2010 and got it into shape for some basic camping. He rebuilt the frame, axle and floor, redid the electric and added great lights for reading. He installed a new fridge, A/C and hot water heater. Over the past 4 years we haven't used it and we decided to undertake another reno, redoing the kitchen and bathroom, cosmetic patching and painting, and hopefully getting new windows.

I've already found some wonderful answers here and look forward to learning more and sharing what we are doing.

Save travels,
PJ
PJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:48 PM   #386

Name: dean
Trailer: ECO
Texas
New To Us 1974 ECO

Hello to all... we found a 1974 ECO all original with the bunk bud layout... digging through it all and starting our hit list.... just added new tires and started the cleaning inside stuff....

dean
dacjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:48 AM   #387

Name: Katarina
Trailer: Boler
BC
78 Boler remodel

Hi I’m new here and just purchased a 78 Boler trailer and could use all the help I can find to remodel! The first issue is the previous owners put some sort of wallpaper on the ceiling which doesn’t stick...also the door lock needs replacing...I’m happy to do some basic work myself but would also be so happy to find someone in my area (BC Canada) who does work on Bolers. Where should/could I post my questions? Thanks!!!
Katarina M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:32 AM   #388

Name: Steven
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
Hi Frankie, it appears were in the same boat. My wife died this year and I bought 17' Freedom Deluxe. I needed a way to get out.

Maybe we'll cross paths. Good luck.

Steve
StevePaynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 12:21 PM   #389

Name: Bridget
Trailer: Scamp
Maryland
Hello to all, although I've been a member for a number of months while learning about Fiberglass campers, I am now the excited owner of a new-to-me 2018 Scamp 13 w/bath. I'll be towing with a 2 door Jeep Wrangler JL and camping solo with my American Shepherd Stella. I look forward to meeting other forum members on my travels.
Bridget
BridgetMills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:24 AM   #390

Name: Alex
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
New Trillium 1300 Owners

Hi Everyone,
I joined last month when I was doing research on what to buy for our growing family (2 year old and 6 week old), and this week we became proud new owners of a 1973 Trillium 1300. Needs a bit of work and while I've already learned so much from reading past posts (thanks everyone!) I'll likely be posting a few questions here and there, and starting to share info from our experience. Thanks for the welcome and we're looking forward to chatting with more of you soon,
Alex
Vancouver, BC

P.S. Dave - we'll send you photos and the closet data sheet / SN soon (as I noticed it wasn't on the list).
Alex T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:06 PM   #391

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trillium 1977
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Hello, and welcome to Fiberglass RV! We're a friendly and knowledgeable group of Molded Fiberglass Trailer Owners, and we're glad you're here!

Below are a couple of links that you may want to familiarize yourself with.
FiberglassRV.com Community Rules
Forums 101: Posting, Accounts, Basics
Thanks. Looking forward to future conversations. I just got my rv trillium camper and looking forward to fixing it up.
iamadoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:51 PM   #392

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
fixer upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut01 View Post
Hi, I'm new to this site. My husband and I would like to purchase a small travel trailer. Would be interested in a fixer upper.
Getting one you can use right away is a good idea.
See site notes about what to look for.

We wanted a washroom, the 4 burner oven was not high on our list we like to cook outside and shower not so much but the not water is nice. The fridge and furnace was a must. It had to have no canvass pop outs as she felt they were bear takeout windows.

Make a list like washroom for night time or boondocking, furnace with thermostat so warm on cold night or winter camping, hot water when wanted, stove top min or maybe you want more. Then look for a trailer that meets your needs. More is ok though; eg. we would like air but fans are ok.

We have a vintage unit and love it at under 2000 lbs it meets our needs but remember old means you will have to give it tender love and care. We have had ours for many years but it needs regular love and care. 13' boler is usually under 1000 lbs and 17' 1500 to 2500 lbs depends on options and fiberglass layup. stickers all say same weight on trailers from the location ours was made so scales to get real weight. Some were weighed with water in, battery and tanks full in past but today they weigh them with no battery, propane or water, and call it dry weight. You can get a Tow vehicle right to pull your dream home on wheels or you can get a trailer your current car can pull. We purchase a new car to pull our trailer.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #393

Name: Frances
Trailer: Casita 17 Freedom Deluxe
Arizona
Im trying to figure out how to add a photo to this thread ? Anyone?
FabulousFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #394

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Look through this thread. It may answer a lot of your future questions. It does have an answer for photos:

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ics-43021.html
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #395

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Oh, and "welcome to the party, pal!" :-)
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:13 PM   #396

Name: Thomas
Trailer: Currently Shopping
British Columbia
Hi everyone - I am Tomas G. writing from beautiful Vancouver Island. We are hoping to get a trailer over the next couple of months if the right one comes along. From past experience I know that when it comes to things like this it is always good to have a community of enthusiasts to ask questions and advice from so hoping to hear from all of you as we begin to look. From what I have seen so far this looks like an amazing place.
Tomas G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:25 PM   #397

Name: Steve
Trailer: In the Market
Ohio
Hello from Cincinnati area.

Looking forward to good conversation about fiberglass campers.
Santa2ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:06 PM   #398

Name: Jared
Trailer: In the market
LA
Hi - I'm new here

Hi

I'm Jared, and I just joined. I've got a subaru outback 2.5, and I'm looking for a lightweight camper.
Jared Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:35 AM   #399

Name: Sj
Trailer: Shopping
British Columbia
Hi all question right off the bat

Hi all you wise folks. My family and I have been Looking for a used Bigfoot since last summer. I think I found my dream 17 footer but they’re asking 18000 Canadian.... for a 1984. It’s been redone- I can tell with new water pump and heat. I haven’t asked yet about the window seals but they say they’re open to having it inspected. I’m just wondering if the price is still reasonable? I’m just about to graduate and have two kiddos so my budget really was 15,000 and under. Should I try and negotiate? I worry if I do someone will just swipe in and purchase it from under me. Very liken you what you think I should ask to ensure what they’ve valued it at is valid. Thanks all.
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:49 AM   #400

Name: Rick
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
Hi all you wise folks. My family and I have been Looking for a used Bigfoot since last summer. I think I found my dream 17 footer but they’re asking 18000 Canadian.... for a 1984. It’s been redone- I can tell with new water pump and heat. I haven’t asked yet about the window seals but they say they’re open to having it inspected. I’m just wondering if the price is still reasonable? I’m just about to graduate and have two kiddos so my budget really was 15,000 and under. Should I try and negotiate? I worry if I do someone will just swipe in and purchase it from under me. Very liken you what you think I should ask to ensure what they’ve valued it at is valid. Thanks all.
Seems a bit steep to me even with all the upgrades. I doubt they will get that but you never know. I have a model that vintage and it looks it, but it runs fine and everything works. I may sell it this year but I know I'll be asking half that amount. If it was me buying, I'd tell them this is all I have and be prepared to move on if you don't get it...I just can't see a 1984 trailer for that price.
threepine is offline   Reply With Quote