Welcome to New Members - Page 21 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2021, 11:02 AM   #401

Name: Sj
Trailer: Shopping
British Columbia
1984 Bigfoot

Thank you so much. I figured. Everything I致e seen from that vintage is 3500 dollars with no upgrades and needing work to about 10,000 with work done.... so I知 wondering what I知 missing. The seller seems approachable so I値l keep the dialogue going as long as they値l allow and hopefully it won稚 sell to someone who just has money to burn. Any other thoughts from other members welcome.
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:13 PM   #402

Name: JayDee
Trailer: Researching to buy
Texas
Thank you, looking forward to seeing you on the road.
New to the RV world. Need to find a suitable RV to travel & live in ASAP. Selling my home & moving into a RV. My current vehicle, 2008 Hybrid GMC Yukon only tows 6K lbs so may need to trade for a stronger truck. Open to suggestions. Located in SE Coastal Texas. Will travel for the right RV & or truck. Need a roomy trailer for myself & pets.
jdwdsgns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:12 PM   #403

Name: Frances
Trailer: Casita 17 Freedom Deluxe
Arizona
Have you looked
Into the new little buddy camp trailer, I personally woulnt buy new but they are light and ready to go. They look a lot like the r-pod.
FabulousFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:58 AM   #404

Name: Alan
Trailer: Looking to buy a fiberglass Casita
Texas
My baby sitter has a neighbor with a 5th wheel trailer looked to be in good shape for sale. Not sure how much does it weight but he towed it with a Ford F-250 before the Ford got stolen and he can’t tow it it smaller vehicle. Located in Corpus Christi. I’m in a market for a much smaller fiberglass trailer for our family of four (two adults and two kids) towable by my minivan. I’d get you the contact info.
Aceserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:08 PM   #405

Name: Carina
Trailer: Trillium
Please select a region, state or province.
Looking for advice on restoration

Dear all! First of all, I'm so glad to have found y'all. I live in Denmark, and back in 2004, I found an old, decrepit trailer in a friend's back yard. I thought it had character, so I bought it off him for about 500 USD.

I immediately fell in love and had it gently restored, but then stored it away in a barn of a friend and went about my business, raising two kids as a single mom. I'd pretty much forgot about it until recently, and today, I towed it to my house, to reconnect with this long lost member of my family.

This time, I'm going all in! I can't wait to start an all in renovation. This baby has had a long and interesting life, before it came into my possession. It's been ALL OVER Europe - I'll post pictures of all the stickers later. It's even been to Kirkenes, the northernmost town in Norway.

And how did "she" end up in Denmark, I wonder - I have NO IDEA. She had a name when I purchased her "Spirit of Lums蚶" (a small, Danish town), but I will rename her "Spirit". Because she lifts my spirit. Suffice for now, but here are a few pictures of her, in her sorry present state. Stay tuned for the restoration! I'm sure I'll have tons of questions (if I can figure out how this forum works!). And thanks for letting me join, I'm elated!

First up will be cleaning the exterior, gently. Any suggestions on how to go about it? I was thinking of starting out by using dishwasher liquid in water, for a start, so a not to ruin anything. But she's dirty, real dirty. Is it OK to scrub, gently?

Also - I wonder, are there other vintage Trilliums in Europe?, I'm half American, and proud of my heritage, so it's a quirk of fate that she landed in my possession. Now, I'll take REAL GOOD care of her, henceforth!

She is a 1300, serial number is 2205053, I think she's 1976 (maybe 1975?). She has a window in the door, and over the gas burner.

Regards, Carina, from Idestrup, Danmark
Attached Thumbnails
20210328_190136.jpg  
Carina Woollhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:07 PM   #406

Name: Arnaud
Trailer: bigfoot 17
BC
Hello from golden bc with a 81 bigfoot b17

Hi everyone, I live in golden bc and have been using a lot of information on this forum to help do some renos on mi little bigfoot b17 which needed some love. I bought it about 6 years ago and have used it a lot as a summer home for seasonal work without knowing anything about trailers and now with a baby and a steady job I have started using it for some actual camping. I did a lot of work to it this spring to get it ready for the summer and am grateful for the info on this forum. I hope to be able to share some wisdom also but I am quite new to this and might have more questions than answers. Take care and happy camping!
Arnaud
Attached Thumbnails
20210505_202239.jpg  
Arnaud Fleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:32 PM   #407

Name: Darryl
Trailer: Beachcomber
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina Woollhead View Post
Dear all! First of all, I'm so glad to have found y'all. I live in Denmark, and back in 2004, I found an old, decrepit trailer in a friend's back yard. I thought it had character, so I bought it off him for about 500 USD.

I immediately fell in love and had it gently restored, but then stored it away in a barn of a friend and went about my business, raising two kids as a single mom. I'd pretty much forgot about it until recently, and today, I towed it to my house, to reconnect with this long lost member of my family.

This time, I'm going all in! I can't wait to start an all in renovation. This baby has had a long and interesting life, before it came into my possession. It's been ALL OVER Europe - I'll post pictures of all the stickers later. It's even been to Kirkenes, the northernmost town in Norway.

And how did "she" end up in Denmark, I wonder - I have NO IDEA. She had a name when I purchased her "Spirit of Lums蚶" (a small, Danish town), but I will rename her "Spirit". Because she lifts my spirit. Suffice for now, but here are a few pictures of her, in her sorry present state. Stay tuned for the restoration! I'm sure I'll have tons of questions (if I can figure out how this forum works!). And thanks for letting me join, I'm elated!

First up will be cleaning the exterior, gently. Any suggestions on how to go about it? I was thinking of starting out by using dishwasher liquid in water, for a start, so a not to ruin anything. But she's dirty, real dirty. Is it OK to scrub, gently?

Also - I wonder, are there other vintage Trilliums in Europe?, I'm half American, and proud of my heritage, so it's a quirk of fate that she landed in my possession. Now, I'll take REAL GOOD care of her, henceforth!

She is a 1300, serial number is 2205053, I think she's 1976 (maybe 1975?). She has a window in the door, and over the gas burner.

Regards, Carina, from Idestrup, Danmark
Hi Carina
Not sure if you have this available to you in Denmark or not but I have found 'Mr. Clean" magic erasers work wonders on exteriors of trailers and motorhomes.
Good luck
Grumps in Canada
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:03 AM   #408

Name: William
Trailer: In the market
MS
Hi I'm Patrickinms

Interested in an Escape 5.0. They seem very interesting. I need something that has a spare tire
. Last week had a blowout in a class c which damaged a storage bin. Long story short it took 7 hours on the side of busy interstate before my roadside Service got a wreaker. Very scary. I plan to sell this rv as soon as I get it back from repair. I know Escapes sell very fast. If necessary can buy a new from Canada but concerned about shipping it 4000 miles to Ms. Thanks guys.
Patrickinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:05 PM   #409

Name: Bill
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Hi WE are Bill and Leslee

Hi,

I was on a quest to find out what my Scamp layout was called. I guess what I have a L kitchen. Only mine is a 16' Deluxe, big fridge, queen bed, and a roof top Coleman AC. The title says 1996.

IT-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:29 PM   #410

Name: Zopie
Trailer: Burro
Wisconsin
Hello -Newbie here with a 13ft Burro

I know nothing about fiberglass or fiberglass campers. LOL so complete noob

I fell into a great deal on an adorable little burro It has stripes and not the Burro label with the graphic. I壇 like to put on the burro head graphic but I need to figure out how to remove the stripes

Anyway I am excited to work on this and make it my own
Zopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:11 PM   #411

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT-Guy View Post
Hi,

I was on a quest to find out what my Scamp layout was called. I guess what I have a L kitchen. Only mine is a 16' Deluxe, big fridge, queen bed, and a roof top Coleman AC. The title says 1996.
That an old deluxe layout. You'd have to find an old brochure to find out what they called it back then (probably just a letter), but most people here identify it as the front (or L-) galley layout.

I haven't seen it before on a 16'er (love to see the rest!), but I've seen several 13' deluxe front galley units.

Yours looks great!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:27 PM   #412

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Playpak
Arizona
Hello, and welcome to Fiberglass RV! We're a friendly and knowledgeable group of Molded Fiberglass Trailer Owners, and we're glad you're here!

Hello all, I am wanting to sell my 1973 Playpac Hitch Hut, attended gathering in Quartzsite over a year ago with it.
Darrell Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:35 PM   #413

Name: Bill
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
That an old deluxe layout. You'd have to find an old brochure to find out what they called it back then (probably just a letter), but most people here identify it as the front (or L-) galley layout.

I haven't seen it before on a 16'er (love to see the rest!), but I've seen several 13' deluxe front galley units.

Yours looks great!

IT-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:08 PM   #414

Name: Steven
Missouri
Some things seem better being smaller

We are new to small RVs but looking forward to getting involved. Just purchased a 16' Scamp and going to park our 40 Ft, Diesel Pusher for a while. We just found it to be just too big to get around parks and campgrounds like we wanted to. We are looking forward to meeting everybody and picking up some needed information about the fiberglass lifestyle. Looking forward to the Rallies and meet and greets that we've read about. Once again THANKS Mike & Debbie
Rasputin54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #415

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita
New Mexico
Hello I am Dave

Just picked up a Casita Liberty Deluxe 17' trailer. New to this forum and relatively new to RV camping.

I am a retired computer nerd, and an amateur folk singer and mountain dulcimer player. I enjoy camping with other musicians.
DaveLevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:37 PM   #416

Name: Bridget
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLevenson View Post
Just picked up a Casita Liberty Deluxe 17' trailer. New to this forum and relatively new to RV camping.

I am a retired computer nerd, and an amateur folk singer and mountain dulcimer player. I enjoy camping with other musicians.
Welcome Dave! I have a Scamp, but have heard great things about the Casita. If you find yourself camping out east let me know. I spend my days working with computer nerds and love folk music. Enjoy your new adventure.
BridgetMills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:12 PM   #417

Name: Dave
New Mexico
Hi Bridget. Thanks for the welcome. I'm originally from DC, but spent most of my working years in NJ. Retired to NM a couple of years ago. No upcoming trips East planned, but part of what I like about retirement is that I don't have to make plans. For now, exploring the Southwest.

Going to a music festival later this week in Red River, NM. A couple of similar plans for later this month in the Jemez Valley and in Santa Fe, NM.
DaveLevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:58 PM   #418

Name: Sue
Maryland
New to Group New Scamper

Hi all,
I'm glad to have found this group. We recently bought a used 2010 13 FT Scamp with bathroom/shower. We're so happy to be new owners. Thank you from Maryland.
Sue Julene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:00 PM   #419

Name: Sue
Maryland
Ahhh..music!!
Sue Julene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #420

Name: Joseph
Florida
I own a 2020 Casita Liberty Deluxe. Las trip out the top hinge on the Dometic refrigerator broke. I did a temporary fix which is holding. When I returned home I contacted Dometic who told me to contact a local Dometic service center which I did. I was told by Dometic on the first call that the door had to be replaced. On the second follow up call to Dometic I was told only the hinge had to be replaced. It’s a model RM2454. The local dealer said they will send me the hinges when they come in as they are back ordered. So new door or just new hinge. A two year warranty and they won’t even provide labor? I ordered the reinforcement hinge from LITTLE HOUSE CUSTOM but still questioning “new door” or “just a replacement hinge” as Dometic is not sure either. Any one had this problem. Appreciate any input. Joseph from Florida
Joseph in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote