Welcome to New Members - Page 24 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM   #461

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Wecome to the group

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephrkidd View Post
My name is Joe and I am going to restore a Uhual Ct13. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let me have them. This is my first Rv restore, I have done a pontoon boat and an old Jeep Before. So this is new to me
I try to get to Indiana every year (Clayton area). We like pictures, feel free to give us the play by play.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 01:51 PM   #462

Name: Mati
Trailer: procuring soon
British Columbia
Hi. I am mati. Going to loom at a trillium 1300 early 70s.

Searching for inspection tips. Real good price (9500) seems to be good condition.

Excited to join the club if trailer is in decent shape.
trillibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:25 PM   #463

Name: Susie
Trailer: Shopping
Ca
Hi from Northern California

Hi!
I just bought my first trailer! It’s a 1991 19ft Scamp. I don’t have it yet, I had to leave a deposit and get the hitch installed. It’s not super clean, but the bones are good, I think.
I’m super happy to be a part of this community!

Susie
Susierruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 01:20 PM   #464

Name: K Ann
Trailer: 13 Scamp 1978
Nebraska
Re-introducing myself and our '78 Scamp

Hi all,

My Husband and I took some time off on our Scamp revamp project but are stepping back in to getting it road-worthy.

It's good to see you all here. We have lots still to learn and are grateful that you are all so generous with your experience and know-how.

Also, we'd love to meet up with anyone in our general area, Eastern Nebraska/Western Iowa.

Kelly and Steve
K Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:01 PM   #465

Name: Dan
Trailer: Boler
Washington
New member - 1973 Boler 13'

Hi all,

We bought our first ever travel trailer -- a 1973 13' Boler -- at the end of August 2023.

We spent about one week cleaning it and making it tolerable for a west coast trip (Seattle to San Francisco along the coast, and back via I-5). So many things we didn't know and had to learn along the way. This forum and others have been useful resources for us.

We just chased the 2024 Total Eclipse, Seattle to Ohio and back, and experienced many adventures with the Boler on the way. Vibrations and high winds took a toll on it, and we quite literally had to duck tape (yes, Duck brand) parts together, including to keep the door shut after losing the entire inside latching mechanism somewhere on I-90. It gave us a great excuse to head to Backus, MN, to visit the Scamp factory. They fit us in to install a new handle, upgrade the hinges with their rebuild kit, and replace the door seal. They were really great to deal with, and I'm so glad I didn't need to do those things myself.

As a hobby, I do some 3D design and printing. If you have any needs for your trailer, hit me up.

For example: I'm currently making an adapter plate that will fill the old "shore power" extension cord "mouse hole" and provide a mounting surface for a new NOCO GCP-2 AC Port Plug jack. The NOCO flange is smaller (80mm instead of 109mm), and I determined that an adapter plate would be easier than patching the existing hole in the fiberglass. I've uploaded a few photos that hopefully illustrate the idea well enough.

Happy to join this community!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4661 (1).jpeg   boler_shore_power_adapter_plate.jpg  

GCP2-Main-Image.jpeg  
PNWDan is offline   Reply With Quote