Welcome to New Members - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #57

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
I moved the discussion of the 76 Boler electrical and fridge testing and repair to it's own thread in Problem Solving - Owners helping Owners.

Here is a link to find those posts.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post471443

I'm leaving the posts on the need for a new thread for a specific problem because it may prove instructive to new members.

With electrical and fridge question as it's own thread it will help others that come along later dealing with the same problem or mysteries better follow the discussion of possible solutions or testing done by the original poster.

Some members follow different sections of the forum or pay more attention to thread topics they have an interest in. As an electrical and fridge thread it will attract more folks with experience in that model or those subjects.

No harm, no foul, just a little housekeeping to help OP get helpful responses.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #58

Name: Craig
Trailer: 2014 Escape 17
Washington
It can't hurt! Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 07-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #59

Name: Bettina
Trailer: Looking for my travelling home
Ontario
Hello all!

I recently was introduced to the Boler (was parked on my street), and now am looking for a miniature camper such as the Boler / Scamp or something of the like. I need it to sleep 4 and ideally have a toilet for midnight visits. I am not very handy. Which brand or model would you recommend? Would a vintage (mid '70's) one need way too much work?

Old 07-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #60

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettina View Post
Hello all!

I recently was introduced to the Boler (was parked on my street), and now am looking for a miniature camper such as the Boler / Scamp or something of the like. I need it to sleep 4 and ideally have a toilet for midnight visits. I am not very handy. Which brand or model would you recommend? Would a vintage (mid '70's) one need way too much work?

Some people put a porta pottie under the front couch to avoid those midnight walks. That works for the Scamp with the front couch/bunk beds which sleeps 4 and I'm pretty sure the Boler also.

How much work depends on how it has been cared for and the quality of any previous repairs (or things not repaired). You can see some mid 70's that are in great shape and some mid 90's that are in pretty bad shape.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #61

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
First, the only "Miniature" campers I am are aware of are those like the 8" long U-HAUL toy RV on my bookshelf. Most of use hereabouts consider FGRV's to be the "Right and proper size" for a towable RV.

About 13' FGRV's.... The terms "13'", "sleeps four", and "with bathroom" are pretty much mutually exclusive terms and I personally don't know of any such floor plans that even exist. The usual floor plan in a Boler type of FGRV calls for sleeping for two adults on the dinette bed and another two children on the front bench seat when made into bunk beds. As most of the upper bunks are limited to 100 lbs or less, it pretty much rules at least out the top bunk for others than children.

For example, in the 13' SCAMP, the optional bathroom replaces the entire front bench set and then some, leaving only sleeping room for two on the dinette/bed.

The porta-potty is a customary answer, but front bunk sleepers usually have one word for, basically living in the midnight loo, Eeew.

My personal rig is a 1973 Hunter Compact-II and it's age has never been a problem. The are 40 y.o. FGRV's in great condition, and there are 5 years old FGRV's in wretched condition. Let condition and price be factors over age.

As it can have considerable effect on choices, let us know what you will be towing with and, if known, what it's owners manual sez about maximum towing weight and tongue weight.

Good Luck
Old 08-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #62

Name: WA0ITP
Trailer: Scamp
Iowa
New Member Need advice

Hello I had a 13' Scamp several years ago and now have a line on a good one, which I'll probably buy. I enjoy camoing in county and state parks and operating small portable ham radios.

I was a member of this group back in the day, but is was an email based list then. The bulletin board arrangement is quite different.

Questions: How do I make a post, is th eonly way to replay to an existng post or to create a new thread?

TIA for any info.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #63

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Hi folks!! New to the website. I have a 1970 13ft Boler named Benedict. Major refit on the inside with newly replaced stove( as original), new icebox, new faucet pump,and water tank. Seam filled and repainted. Frame is solid, and floor clear of rot. He tows wonderfully, and just spent 5 days camping in him. I'd like to keep in touch and find out where the rallies and meets are!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1410667529.826511.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	76355

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 09-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #64

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum Bruce.
Glad you have joined us.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:02 AM   #65

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Bruce, if you click on the "More" tab in the upper right corner, you will see a drop-down titled Rally Calendar. This will show you where and when all planned activities will happen. Welcome to the FGRV forum family.
Dave & Paula
Old 09-14-2014, 05:14 AM   #66

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Welcome to FGRV Bruce....you'll get answers here
Old 09-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #67

Name: Ben
Trailer: Casita SD 17'
South Carolina
Hello Everyone.

I just joined FGRV today. Have visited here before and found some good stuff! I purchased a 2013 Casita SD 17' last summer then busted my right rotator cuff at work shortly after that. Have only had the Casita out a few times so am still somewhat new to it. Have spent many nights in it here in the yard and made a few modifications already. I look forward to meeting some of you on the roads, at campgrounds, and boondocking!

I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Thanks, Ben
Old 09-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #68

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry

Welcome
Dave & Paula
Old 09-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #69

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the group Ben.
Glad you have joined us.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #70

Name: Craig
Trailer: 2014 Escape 17
Washington
I joined a few months ago, welcome to the lighter side of towing! I will be getting my new Escape 17B in 10 days. From Everett, Washington, have a great camping experience!