Welcome to New Members - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #113

Name: Dave & Karen
Trailer: 2014 Casita SD 17FT
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaChickie View Post
After a quick look, I have two I would recommend if you just want to be close to the city:
New Orleans West KOA | Camping in Louisiana | KOA Campgrounds
This one is in River Ridge, a nice, safe small city that is pretty close to downtown.

Pontchartrain Landing - A Secure New Orleans Waterfront RV Park and Campground
This one is in New Orleans Easy, right on the water, near Lake Pontchatrain. We go to hang out here in warm weather to eat, drink and be merry. It is under new management, so not sure how it is now, but they used to have a really good restaurant there.

If you do not mind driving across the Miss. River to get downtown, this is my favorite, Bayou Signette. Get a real taste of what the area is like.Bayou Segnette State Park | Louisiana Office of State Parks
Welcome. After picking up our new Casita this past March from Texas we drove down to New Orleans and stayed at the KOA mentioned above. The staff was great, super friendly! Clean restrooms, grounds and a short scenic drive to the French Quarter. We arrived late with no reservation and a nice gentleman waited for us to arrive and even help guide me into the dark camp spot. Highly recommend this KOA. Safe travels.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #114

Name: Arne
Trailer: Boler 1975
Email
Hello to all on this amazing website!
The knowledge and experience of the membership is amazing! I thank all of you so much for your postings and answering member qustions. THANKS AGAIN! Its time I returned the favor.
I joined last summer shortly after buying a 1975 Boler. I pulled it home, parked it in my garage not quiet knowing where to start. After discovering Fiberglass RV I was beginning to get a fairly clear picture on where to begin.
To date Ive gutted most of the interior. Removed the shell from the trailer. Had some welding done to the trailer frame and added stabilizer jacks. Painter the trailer. Replaced the coupler with a 2. Just finished off fastening a new torsion bar axle with electric breaks. And when weather permits Ive been patching holes in the fiberglass since November. Its been a terrific experience and look forward to getting on the road. Still a long way to go. I will be posting picture of my reno to this point.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #115

Name: JerryJohn
Trailer: New owner Scamp 13' 2009
Florida
Hi all you talented members, I have been looking for my little Scamp 13' for two years and just found one, now it's mine and Sandy's. 2009 in great condition. Started my MODS already from some of your posts. Adding access baggage door, baskets in closet, and now electric Incinerator under the sink for instant hot water. Nest a place for the Microwave. Designing Awnings for rear side windows, Pics to follow later. Booked camping site for next Month to check it out. Sharing ideas is great, thanks to all of you and good camping. Jerry
Old 02-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #116

Name: Steve
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Florida
Hi, I'm Steve. I am in the process of trying to make the right decision on what I want to tow with my 2014 Ford Escape, safely and without much effort. It has the 2L Ecoboost engine and is rated to tow 3500lbs with its tow package that has. I have been looking at the 13' Scamps and was even considering the 16'.
Any ideas for a nuwbie?
Thanks, and I am glad to be here.
Steve
Old 02-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #117

Name: jackie
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Saskatchewan
Hope we have our trailers name correct. It is a 1980 17 foot with bathroom-think it is a 5500. Am I correct?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #118

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Towing with a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesway View Post
Hi, I'm Steve. I am in the process of trying to make the right decision on what I want to tow with my 2014 Ford Escape, safely and without much effort. It has the 2L Ecoboost engine and is rated to tow 3500lbs with its tow package that has. I have been looking at the 13' Scamps and was even considering the 16'.
Any ideas for a nuwbie?
Steve

Hi and Welcome to the Group Steve
You might want to start a new thread with your question in the towing forum, it might get lost here.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #119

Name: Steve
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Florida
Ok Bob. But I will answer Jackie's question and then head over an appropriate group or start a new thread like you suggest.
Jackie, the Scamp I am talking about is a 2014. I don't remember seeing a particular model number. They just show the 13' in the standard and deluxe models. The 13' weight about 1200 lbs. to 1500 lbs. dry. the 16' is about 1750 lbs. to 2000 lbs.
Thanks for your response.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #120

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Yep, just go to the top of the page and click on Forums and pick the best one from there .... Towing? and click on New Thread. Because your question doesn't show up in the thread title it will be massed by many.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #121

Name: JerryJohn
Trailer: New owner Scamp 13' 2009
Florida
13" is great size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesway View Post
Any ideas for a nuwbie?
Steve
Hi Steve, the 13' Scamp is great and easy to pull, I can use my 2000 Ford Ranger V6 with no problem, Good luck buddy
Jerry
Old 02-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #122

Hey guys

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #123

Name: Carol
Trailer: In the market
Michigan
Hi! I am a new member and I am interested in the Escape trailer. I recently sold my Casita which I enjoyed very much. I live in SE Michigan and would like to connect with any Escape owners in Michigan.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #124

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canda1943 View Post
Hi! I am a new member and I am interested in the Escape trailer. I recently sold my Casita which I enjoyed very much. I live in SE Michigan and would like to connect with any Escape owners in Michigan.

Welcome, Carol.
As well as here I would suggest going to the Escape Forum.
Escape Trailer Owners Community

As well, phone or email Escape, as they have a list of people closest to you for trailer viewing.
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:09 PM   #125

Michigan
Thank you!

Old 02-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #126

Michigan
I cannot login to the forum