Welcome to New Members - Page 11 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #201

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Larry! Except for a small fifth wheel, Scamp's biggest trailer is 16'. Other options in the 17+ size include Escape, Bigfoot, Lil Snoozy, EggCamper, and Oliver. Casitas are far and away the most common.

You're right, used molded fiberglass trailers can be hard to catch, and not just on the East Coast. Good ones sell quickly almost anywhere. A newer one is less likely to have issues, but I wouldn't automatically rule out an older one, nor fail to inspect a newer one closely. Maintenance is everything. Like Airstreams, molded fiberglass trailers can last almost forever with good maintenance, but the enemy is floor rot from neglected leaks.

Best wishes as you "right size" your trailer!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:52 PM   #202

Name: Lucius
Trailer: Inquiring Mind
Georgia
Just joined yesterday when I was searching for information on Nest. My wife and I have always been curious about fiberglass and admired the variety of units we see at TCT rallies and other RV events.

For now we're happy with our Airstream but maybe we'll find ourselves with a fiberglass unit at some point.

Thanks in advance for all the information I know I'll find here. The Social Knowledge Communities are great resources on a wide variety of subjects.
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #203

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Ironically, Nest Caravans has been sold to Airstream who seem to be entering the fiberglass market.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #204

Name: Lucius
Trailer: Inquiring Mind
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ironically, Nest Caravans has been sold to Airstream who seem to be entering the fiberglass market.
Yep, I first heard of Nest a few months ago when Airstream began a series of announcements about a new trailer they would sell. So now I'm here on the fiberglass forum trying to learn more.

Perhaps I'll end up with fiberglass and it will still be an Airstream!
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #205

Name: Bronx Bob
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Smile Long time traveler's.

Howdy all. Three years ago, we came off the road after 12 years full timing. Workamped most of that time here, as well as in my wife's homeland New Zealand for three years. Sold off all RV equipment (Volvo 610 Semi with Geo Tracker mounted on flat-deck, hauling a 33' triple slide 5th wheel- 68' long) now looking for a reasonably priced egg within a day's drive from North California.
I realize these campers seem rare in my neck of the woods. But, last week something really strange happened. On the way home from a weekly shopping spree, we came across a 13' 'Lil Big Foot egg with out of state tags sitting outside three separate driveways. I took a chance and left our business card writing "If interested in selling, we're interested in buying". Two days later, a voice message on my cell phone stated "My son said you're interested in buying the camper. He would not take less then $XXX.00." I returned the call leaving MY message that we were very interested in the trailer. It's now day 5 and NO reply. I must have sounded TOO eager agreeing on the purchase price. My guess; the owners are now checking what these "eggs" are selling for, figuring they would be giving it away at the price they quoted. . . Guess I'll be waiting for the fall to find our 'lil gem.
Bronx Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:26 AM   #206

Name: Bronx Bob
California
The Power Of Positive Thinking

Okay 5 days past without any contact as I explained in my last post. Today at noon, this seller phones asking if I'm still interested in buying his camper. He quoted the same firm price. We'll be checking out the unit this Sunday. If the interior looks as good as the outside, guess we got ourselves a 13' Lil Big Foot. More to follow. .
Bronx Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #207

Name: Angel
Florida
Newbie from Florida

Hello Newbie to the RV world. Me and the wife , we are looking to start our journey and we are looking to buy an fiberglass RV. We were looking some of the rpods, mpg 19 and more. We will appreciate any tips, guidance and advise.
Canopr3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:07 AM   #208

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canopr3600 View Post
Hello Newbie to the RV world. Me and the wife , we are looking to start our journey and we are looking to buy an fiberglass RV. We were looking some of the rpods, mpg 19 and more. We will appreciate any tips, guidance and advise.
Welcome to FGRV Angel. The world of small TTs has many choices for everybodys camping style and needs. This site is pretty much dedicated to fully molded fiberglass TTs, a fiberglass shell with no wood or metal framework. Other than the shell build, the rest is common to all RVs. You can see a list of most of the makes on the home page. I think it's safe to say that 99.9% of members here have had every type of RV out there and can answer any particular questions you have. Being you're just starting to look, you may want to go to one of the molded rallys we have to get a good look at a number of different makes and talk to owners. Good luck in your search.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #209

Name: J
Trailer: Cadet
Ontario
Hi everyone. I am in ontario and I'm looking for a boler,surfside or any small fiberglass camper. Thought I would join to see if I can find any leads.
Would be pulling with a 4 banger terrain and the weight of these are a perfect fit for my family and car.

Thanks for having me
sschim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #210

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13
Florida
New Scamp 13 owner from Atlantic Beach FL

Hello Everyone! I've seen some great ideas from very creative people here. I can't wait to get camping.

I found a 1977 13 foot Scamp that was recently rebuilt from bottom up. Body was completely removed and the frame sand-blasted. all was painted with two step primer and automotive Acrylic. Everything inside was replaced with new from the Scamp factory. No more OSB or particle board—replaced with pressure treated plywood.

Glad to be here with this group!

Mika
michaelcly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #211

Name: Ryan & Nicole
Trailer: Egg Hunting
Ontario
Smile New Member

Hello,
We are new members to the Fiberglass RV site. We are familiar with fiberglass trailers as we previously owned a 1975 13’ Boler, however sold it. We enjoyed being out camping over 5 years with-it, attended 2 Boleramas in Wainfleet, ON.
Currently we are with-out a trailer and are looking to get another “Egg” (Bigfoot or Escape), we would appreciate any leads towards the adoption of a replacement “Egg”.
We have been checking out a number of topics with-in threads and find the content very informative.

Ryan & Nicole Morrison,
Team_Morrison.
2004 Dodge RAM, 2500
Team_Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:27 PM   #212

Name: Susan
Trailer: shopping
Kansas
Hi looking forward to full time trailer life

Hi

Am in process of getting a travel medical job - assisnments are often 13 weeks so I am emptying my apartment now. My plan is to wait an assignment or two then buy a Class B van that can tow a lightweight 4 season trailer. So now I am just reading as much as possible on the RV life and saving money. Assignments are anywhere in the USA and as retirement may be only a few years away a trailer livable in any weather is desired. I have been reading of Casita and Escape brands and any Canadian company is worth a look. Is there a forum here on which RVs can tow and how much weight they can safely handle?

Cheers,
Suzymicro
suzymicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #213

Name: Sunshine33
Trailer: Scamp
Delaware
Registry
New to the Fiberglass site

Hello
We are Ann and Joe and we are looking for a camper to be pulled by our Subaru Outback. The Scamp and Casita 13 ft trailers look perfect. We are looking at others too.
It's so exciting to be looking and we have places in mind to visit too once we get the camper that suits us best.
We went to a fiberglass rally with my brother and his wife and met so many nice people there.

Hi To All,
sUNSHINE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #214

Name: Erin
Trailer: Ventura '75
Saskatchewan
Newbies in SK

Hello, we're April and Erin.
We just purchased a '75 Ventura this summer. It's in pretty good shape, just working on some minor repairs and modifications....for now. So far we love it, I think we'll get a lot of good years with it.
Thinking about the rally in Manitou Beach.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and mods.
-Erin
Erin and April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:34 PM   #215

Name: Kyle
Trailer: '71 Boler
Texas
Hi

Hi ya'll,
My name is Kyle & I am in San Antonio, TX... we just acquired a 1971 13' Boler. It needs work but we are looking forward to doing it and getting it out there!

[/URL][/IMG]
DrKyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #216

Arizona
Registry
Welcome and well done, Kyle! Looks like a good beginning.

Happy camping!
Old 11-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #217

Name: Frank
Trailer: RV soon to be added !!
Central Texas
Registry
Good morning from Central Tx

Hi, My name is Frank and I'm from the Horseshoe Bay Tx area.
Hope everyone is doing great this day, after the day after the "I Voted Day"...Ha
I've attached pics of my TV and Casita (FD). I've had my FD for about 6 months now and as much as I love it, I'll be replacing it with a bit larger trailer in the next 6 months. BTW, I did a mod on the swivel chair area and changed it to a couch/bed. Some folks love the swivel chairs as do I but the mod works best for us/me.
I decided to join this forum a while back after watching this one and others over the past 2 years+. I've noticed that virtually everyone associated here are really awesome folks and loaded with information. Even though you all don't hear from me, I appreciate everything that's posted. I've owned TT's most of my life but I still learn a "lot" off these forums.
I really look forward to meeting a few of you down the road at a rally maybe.
frankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #218

Central Texas
Registry
Hello again, Guess I'll try posting some pics again later. Hmmmm Sorry, I also like pictures so give me a bit of time and I'll get it right !!!
Frank
Old 11-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #219

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankster View Post
Hello again, Guess I'll try posting some pics again later. Hmmmm Sorry, I also like pictures so give me a bit of time and I'll get it right !!!
Frank
Try post #7 here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ics-43021.html
Old 11-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #220

Central Texas
Registry
Maybe this will work. Thank you Jon ! (Hopefully there're vertical??)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1155.jpg   IMG_0806.jpg