Went on an Egg hunt & found this! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #21

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: UHaul
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Vanessa, Since you are already spending alot of time with us. You might want to change your profile, specifically your trailer probably should no longer read "I wanna biod". Maybe add your new trailer in a registry. Forget the laundry.
Hahahaha....well David...It's the darndest thing...trying to figure out how to use this site while looking at pics and posting and googling products...what laundry?!
luvrOlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Vanessa, for window weatherstrip I used the AS1456 from perfect fit as it is close to the Uhaul original. I think I detailed it in the thread about the new old stock Uhaul windows. Otherwise Bridget has a great thread about rebuilding the windows. For a rear window in ours I installed a Scamp rear window, the wall opening has to be widened by about one inch. If you go this route do not use the foam rubber gasket provided by Scamp, use butyl tape. If you are using a propane Mr Heater, be sure to have some ventilation.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #23

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Vanessa, If you are using a propane Mr Heater, be sure to have some ventilation.
Thanks for the safety tip, M&B! I have a newish fan installed where the swamp cooler used to be. It has a very strong exhaust setting as well as blower. I don't really anticipate needing heat anytime soon where I'm going.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #24

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We spent the winter 3 months in our Uhaul at a campground in Georgia. Used an electric heater to keep warm. The original Uhaul wiring isn't much use, I rewired the whole trailer, both 110 and 12 volt and installed a new power converter. We have two sizes of the Mr Heaters, the small one and the medium size. Have used them in the trailer with a window slightly open, but will not use them while sleeping. We also have a Fantastic Fan in place of the swamp cooler.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #25

Name: Brooke
Trailer: U Haul CT13
California
Vanessa, Mouse and I are just up the road in Palo Alto. We should get together and compare uhaul ct-13 plans.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #26

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
Congratulations Vanessa, I understand your thrill of the find and getting on the road. It is so nice to re-live that excitement each time someone posts here that they have a new egg.
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #27

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
The hunt is over now make it your own. Enjoy
Awww...thank you Frankie!, I'm going to do just that!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #28

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Vanessa, Mouse and I are just up the road in Palo Alto. We should get together and compare uhaul ct-13 plans.
Brooke, I would love that! I'll PM you.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #29

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyA View Post
Congratulations Vanessa, I understand your thrill of the find and getting on the road. It is so nice to re-live that excitement each time someone posts here that they have a new egg.
Well I think I agree, the hunt was so much fun. Now I'm a bit stumped with what to do first. I'm just trying to take a deep breath and enjoy her this summer...but the more I go through this board and see other trailers...Wow! I'd like to rip into her and start the rebuild. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #30

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Congratulations on your find and purchase. I'm sure you'll have many happy trips to talk about.
Speaking of happy trips I hope keep them all safe by making sure you drive a whole lot slower than the 80 mph you caught yourself going. California towing law is maximum 55mph and is posted on all freeways, plus a few other places. Trailer tires, which you probably should replace, typically have a 65 mph maximum speed rating. Look for the date code on the tires, if they are over 5 or 6 years old no matter what the tread looks like it's time to new tires.
Happy Camping and be safe.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #31

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Congratulations on your find and purchase. I'm sure you'll have many happy trips to talk about.
Speaking of happy trips I hope keep them all safe by making sure you drive a whole lot slower than the 80 mph you caught yourself going. California towing law is maximum 55mph and is posted on all freeways, plus a few other places. Trailer tires, which you probably should replace, typically have a 65 mph maximum speed rating. Look for the date code on the tires, if they are over 5 or 6 years old no matter what the tread looks like it's time to new tires.
Happy Camping and be safe.
Yes, Uncle Byron you are right! There are posted speed limits, which I do adhere to while driving.

I decided to pass a convoy of rigs on I-5, when I noticed how fast I was going to get past all five of them.

The point was how light the trailer is and how I didn't even feel it back there in that process.

Thanks for your concern!
Old 03-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #32

Name: Loyce
Trailer: Hunter 1
Oregon
Registry
We're in the same boat, the trailer is useable but would be so cool if we fixed it up. We are breaking our DIY projects into small chunks, so if a camping opportunity comes up we can use it in between updates. ;^)
Loyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #33

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
When I removed the furnace, I added a pull out drawer to mine instead of just the open cubby. I cover the entire hole up with a door that I just Velcro in place (haven't gotten around to putting hinges on it). The door itself is a frame that I inserted a stiff piece of cardboard with some decorative fabric in it. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ect-51753.html

Also did a little Glamping up of my UH too. (which makes many hardcore campers go ACK!!)
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...r-52133-2.html
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #34

Name: Loyce
Trailer: Hunter 1
Oregon
Registry
Hey Pam, love the Glamping, I do just enough to feel pretty but not so much that I can't fit it in the trailer! I like the pocket on the door in the Glamping picture, great storage idea. What did you use for the step?
Loyce is offline   Reply With Quote