Western Pa woes - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2015, 09:02 AM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
East of the Mississippi is eastern US.. West of the Mississippi is western US. The only Midwest or Mideast United States is on a boat on the river
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:13 AM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post

Carol - your comment about MN and TX being in the west - for easterners both in U.S. and Canada one speaks of being west even if it's not far west, for eg. when in Southern ON we would hear Thunder Bay referred to as "out west" yet it's still in ON! And here in the centre of the country "down east" refers to southern ON, where if you are there down east means the Maritimes. It's all in perspective.

Adrian

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
LOL Adrain I hear you - one can make the world seem pretty small if we don't wish to acknowledge much beyond 200 miles of our own immediate area.

I can also say I am heading to the West Coast when I go over to Vancouver Island - 30 miles away - which some might find a bit funny as to them I am already on the West Coast as I am pretty sure thats the the Pacific Ocean outside my kitchen window.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:50 AM   #23

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
ITS A TRAVEL TRAILER! Don't be afraid to travel.
Don't let the one trip to the factory decide which trailer you should buy.
I have often traveled great distances to retrieve old trailers for rehab.
In fact we are planning a thousand mile trip to pick up a 12YO trailer in the next couple of weeks.
WE live 600 miles from the Scamp factory and made three trips in the process of buying our trailer. That was eleven years ago and we have no regrets.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #24

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampyTime View Post
Very true Adrian about what one considers west, north or any direction! Don't have to go too far to be considered "down South" or what have you.

I, too, have driven through your home of St. Catherine's many times in my younger years enroute to Toronto and such. I actually haven't traveled in Canada in many years, but my grandma was born in Throoprown, Ontario (up "North") above Watertown. Her maiden name was also Throop.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

I just had to look up Throoptown. It's only 34km from Kemptville where my sister lives. Will have to check it out when down there.

I was only in St Catharines for four years while attending seminary 2003-2007. Home town for me is London UK but have lived all over in five provinces here.

And further to my point about Thunder Bay being out west to people in southern ON. We have found that many there not having traveled across Canada have no idea how big ON is. It takes three long days to drive across the province. Kinda like Texas!

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:04 AM   #25

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
Ohio
Hey
I live in St Clairsville Ohio which is near Wheeling, WV and have a 1999 16 ft Scamp.
Charlie
cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #26

Name: Cherry
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Thanks for your reply. Next three weeks are booked but maybe sometime after that wee could come and see your rig. You should be about 90 minutes away.
CherryHartung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:45 AM   #27

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Me thinks that the "Real" reason that FGRV builders sell direct is to stay viable in the marketplace.

Sticky's typically have about a 50% margin built in between wholesale and MSRP prices to cover dealer cost/commissions and to allow for the always present "Discount" deal. If FGRV builders wanted to use that same sales model they would have to raise prices a full 1/3 and would not be competitive in the marketplace as a dealer could sell a customer a much bigger sticky for an lower price than an FGRV and, for a lot of buyers, "Size Matters".

At least one of the recent new FGRV builders has mentioned using dealers. I'd guess that won't prove to be true for long if and when they get into production.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote