What is the best category for a build thread? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #1

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
What is the best category for a build thread?

Hey there fellow Eggheads!

I've been building a bug over on The Samba, which is a forum for VW Airheads. I'm starting on a rescued Playpac to pull behind it. (Who rescued who, am I right?).

This should be a breeze after downsizing from a rescued 36 footer that I had been dragging around behind me all over the place (with a truck not a bug). 36 ft to 13 ft in one day. That's what I call Devine Intervention! Now I just have to convince the missus that we can fit in this Bug House.

To help that happen, my plan is to make it worthy of its Holy Grail status and meet some Egghead peeps along the way.

I am familiar with The Samba Forum but I'm just dipping in here. So... What would you suggest is the best category to start a build thread to post pictures, progress, brick walls, and benefit from unsolicited advice and encouragement from my fellow Eggheads? Would it be under the Plapac category, or is there some better place where people are congregating with their restoration activities?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170712_210506.jpg  
Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #2

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Looks like you have arrived. Welcome to the forum.

Playpac is molded fiberglass. That's as specific as we get.

Click the Forum tab at the top the page and go to the Maintenance and Restoration area. Choose the most appropriate category for what you are doing.

Also, you can add your trailer pictures to the Gallery(tab) in the Playpac section.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #3

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggeee View Post
...This should be a breeze after downsizing from a rescued 36 footer that I had been dragging around behind me all over the place (with a truck not a bug).

I would think you would have had no problem if it had been a Dung Beetle, but then again, it would have been a pusher.

Congrats on your Play Pac. It looks very cool and I am anxious to see what marvels you can create for it.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:10 PM   #4

OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minimalist View Post
Looks like you have arrived. Welcome to the forum.

Playpac is molded fiberglass. That's as specific as we get.

Click the Forum tab at the top the page and go to the Maintenance and Restoration area. Choose the most appropriate category for what you are doing.

Also, you can add your trailer pictures to the Gallery(tab) in the Playpac section.
Hey thank you Mimimalman! I have parked alongside other build threads under Mods, Alterations and Updates. Here's a link to where I'll be hanging out in case you or anyone else wants to stop by for a cup of joe...

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post650120

Happy Campin'
Old 07-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Congrats on down sizing. We went from a 35' class A to our 13' Campster, but not in one day. It took about 6 months after buying the Campster to decide we were not going to use the beast anymore.

Ours came in pretty good shape, so no restoration needed, just some updates to suite us.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #6

OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeair2me View Post
I would think you would have had no problem if it had been a Dung Beetle, but then again, it would have been a pusher.

Congrats on your Play Pac. It looks very cool and I am anxious to see what marvels you can create for it.
Yes! I could have kept the long long trailer with that bug for sure! So much of so much though with those monsters. It was time to lighten the load...

Here's a link to my site if you want to stop by for a coffee with Clif. I'm busy cleaning out the hunting cabin rot and I'll start posting pictures on that thread as I get organized and figure out what will be interesting to share with my new Peeps.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post650120

Happy Campin'
Old 07-14-2017, 04:27 PM   #7

OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
Congrats on down sizing. We went from a 35' class A to our 13' Campster, but not in one day. It took about 6 months after buying the Campster to decide we were not going to use the beast anymore.

Ours came in pretty good shape, so no restoration needed, just some updates to suite us.
Hey Dave

Mine was no Class A that's for sure! An old bumper pull that has now entered retirement somewhere in the woods for a deer hunter. I had brought it back from the dead and then used the heck out of it so from dust to dust as they say. Made the decision esier for me because it had to go regardless. See you around the grounds
Old 07-15-2017, 07:28 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
A complete rebuild probably belongs in "Modifications, Alterations, and Updates," but we'll see and enjoy it wherever you put it. Most of the time I don't even notice what category a thread is in. Good titles and/or tags make your work easier to search for the next Play Pac owner.

Best wishes with your project!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote