What model is This Trillium? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #1

Name: Scott
Trailer: In the market
Wisconsin
What model is This Trillium?

Found this listing. I'm doing tons of homework and research on Fiberglass campers... And this seems to a rare floor plan. Seller lists as 13 foot .. 1979. Any help us appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
scoot825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:08 PM   #2

Wisconsin
What is this Trillium Model

Figured out how to get more pics up on this forum...but..anyways...in case i messed up the previous post...what is this..seller lists as a "13 foot model"...seems to be a rare config....the blue stripes...the front dinette...pic shows the usual paperwork in the closet door...but any help ID'ing this thing would be great..!!!
Attached Thumbnails
00c0c_ipfhGelbo6Q_600x450.jpg   00m0m_fQu7HyraDUx_600x450.jpg  

00q0q_4R3RSrrDKd6_600x450.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
That is a front dinette, Not sure if it is a 1300, or 4500. The door in the lower section of the closet makes me think 1300.

On edit: Yup 1300. A good picture of the data sheet in the closet would be appreciated.

After 1979, all trilliums had the dinette fibreglass, even if they were a front gaucho. They just screwed a bridge between the two seats and added the back rest / upper bunk. The back splash on the table was deleted on the gaucho model. It's purpose was to support the table, without requiring holes in the shell of the trailer.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:25 PM   #4

Wisconsin
Thanks for the help!!

I downloaded the pic from the listing...and the pic resolution is too low to make out what the data sheet says....I'm meeting the owner in the coming days and am trying to do as much research as possible before viewing the trailer. Besides the data sheet, are there any other ways to confirm the production info? Also, in your opinion...and I've only seen Scamps in person....but my research is leaning towards the Trilliums being a better built camper....
Old 10-23-2015, 05:58 PM   #5

Alberta
Registry
You are asking the wrong person.

I own six Trilliums. I think there are no trailers that are better. I am partial to the 4500's, they are only about 18" longer. But that length is distributed to a nearly Queen sized bed, longer kitchen, wider closet and a wider gaucho / front dinette. There are some design improvements as well. They all have a kitchen window, the water tank is in the floor of the dinette, and the furnace is larger.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Thanks David

Any advice on what to look out for upon inspection?
Old 10-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I am partial to the 4500's, they are only about 18" longer.
Dave,
In photo's I've always gone by the width(length) of the rear side window. I can't tell from those posted in this thread. You have both on site, can you post the dimensions so scoot825 can quickly determine which they are looking at?
I'm thinking a 4500 from the door window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot825 View Post
Any advice on what to look out for upon inspection?
Use the buyer's check list on this site as a general guide.
For trilliums read up on replacing the wood around windows, loose/leaking belly bands to know what to look for. And for any fiberglass trailer of this era with a torsion axle, learn about those.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:58 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Direct link to the Buyers Check List

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I see you made it over here from facebook, Scott. Welcome!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:43 AM   #10

Name: Larry
Trailer: Trillium
Arizona
1300/4500?

Hello,

In my experience the 1300 has the heater
as part of the galley cabinet under the sink
while the 4500 has he heater on the door
side near the wheel well.

Larry H
Larry C Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #11

Wisconsin
Thanks everyone!!....

...for the advice and help....I find the threads here very very helpful!! I've got the tips on what to look for with a bad torsion axle....arm should be pointing down, not up...look for signs of the tires rubbing the wheel wells.....Belly band threads and pics are helpful...especially the pics where I now see how the top/bottom FB molds are joined with the metal plates and it's easy to see how water could get into those big square holes.....but it's still unclear as to what visible signs in the interior would lead me to leaky belly band and windows etc......with the "rat fur" lining...like in boats....discoloration around the windows and seams is usually the indicator...but these Trilliums have "elephant skin" lining...which isn't used in the cabin cruiser boats I've owned...and I'm thinking it's not like "carpet"...and might not show signs of leakage/water damage as easily....also, now with knowing that the widows are mounted to wood frames...i'm guessing apply some pressure around the interior window frames and feel for soft spots....
Old 10-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #12

Name: Tom
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry C Hanson View Post
Hello,

In my experience the 1300 has the heater
as part of the galley cabinet under the sink
while the 4500 has he heater on the door
side near the wheel well.

Larry H
My 81 Trilluim 13oo has the heater on the door side under the closet.

Tom
caderider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #13

Alberta
Registry
Scott, The only big items to look for are a sagging front curb side, and a spongy floor.

A spongy floor is a symptom of rot in the 3/4" plywood that is sandwiched, in the floor, between the outer shell and the inner shell that the furniture is made of.

A sagging front curb side is more serious. I have no idea how to repair it. To identify, put a straight edge on the floor from in front of the fridge, toward the door of the trailer. If the floor sags toward the door, this is a bad sign. Also, if you are about 6' tall, stand on the tongue of the trailer and look down the flat section of the roof, on the curb side. Does the closet form a high point on the roof? Also a bad sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caderider1 View Post
My 81 Trilluim 13oo has the heater on the door side under the closet.

Tom
When gravity furnaces were deemed unsafe, due to high surface temperatures, Trillium had to look at forced air furnaces. They put a Coleman forced air furnace, on the 1300's, above the wheel well, and below the closet. Tom Young, of Trillium Trailers, said that someone at the factory thought it made the closet look pregnant. They also put forced air furnaces under the dinette seats. Below are pictures of the furnace, and a cupboard made of where the furnace should go.
Attached Thumbnails
Clipboard02.jpg   Clipboard01.jpg  

Tags
trillium