Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Here is a rat fur picture
Thank you.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:55 PM   #115

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
ex VT, now CO
"marine headliners" come in all kinds, as I discovered for myself a few minutes ago. Here is another picture, if not the one, then very close to it:
Zoom
It is the lower of the two styles.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #116

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
ex VT, now CO
And here is more from those people with details:
Hulliner and Headliner 72"
Old 06-03-2017, 08:38 PM   #117

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver 23, 2014 Ram Cummins
Northern Nevada
Michael,

You have certainly generated a lot of responses and interest in your quest!

Now, I can hardly wait to see what you decide on. No rush, so I hope you can make it to a rally. Don't shy away from a Cassita rally because lots of brands will show up and there will be lots of fun times. Visiting other trailers is part of the experience.

People were waiting in line to see our Oliver, while we were looking a other's captains chairs, outside stoves, flipped axles and tow vehicles compared to trailers. Liye ended up at the campfire that night and had a great time while I hung out with an old friend that lived nearby and came to visit. Courtesy lights on (LEDs of course), a warm evening having fun with friends and just a sense of calm acceptance with some genuine and very nice new friends. Memorable. And we just received an email about reserving a spot for the next one in September. Count us in!!
Old 06-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #118

Name: Michael
Trailer: Oliver Travel Trailer
Florida
Doesn't appear in the next few months to be any rallies near where we will be. The one in Live Oak, Florida this weekend would have been a good one, but it is a pretty far from us and anyway I am busy working on getting the new Tacoma road-ready (new leather seats, a cover fold for the bed, a new SunPass, etc.) for our cabin trip to Michigan this summer. Watched some more Casita videos tonight and my wife just does not like the carpet/fur/walls. If we sold our cabin tomorrow, and our choice of a trailer was available to buy, we would probably purchase either an Oliver Elite, Airstream Sport 16, or an Airstream Base Camp. But we have time as we really do need to sell our cabin in Michigan, probably have to order a trailer which would take 12-14 weeks if we bought the Ollie, and in the meantime we might rent a little vintage Serro Scotty just to get a feel. It appears I have temporarily exhausted my options until something comes up on craigslist to go see or something appears for us to rent.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:11 PM   #119

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I'm not old, I'm experienced, and it doesn't make me grouchy, just particular...

"I see," she says, "and what exactly is the difference?"
I met another Michael who had a tendency to, shall we say, fuss a bit too much. His wife was no slouch. "Now Michael," she would say, looking at him with a direct gaze, "just what kind of day was it that you were planning on having today?"

I think that it served me well to see this and it's something I've remembered many times.

(No connection to you Michael of Florida, just reflecting on Jon's post here.)
Old 06-03-2017, 10:33 PM   #120

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
You can wait and plot and plan and delay and hope the perfect trailer is built and is for sale and you can grab it up.. BUT in the end... while you can make more money (or save what you have), you can NEVER, EVER make more time... and the clock is ticking...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:41 PM   #121

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver 23, 2014 Ram Cummins
Northern Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You can wait and plot and plan and delay and hope the perfect trailer is built and is for sale and you can grab it up.. BUT in the end... while you can make more money (or save what you have), you can NEVER, EVER make more time... and the clock is ticking...
Thank you. Well said. A point I was clumsily trying to make myself.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #122

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Late to this party, but haven't been here in a while. Our last trips have been by train, but we'll be camping with family later this month in our still-winterized Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe. I need to build some shelves in the closet and 'summer-ize' it.

If I had my druthers, I'd like an Escape 19 for more room, or an Oliver for sheer elegance (I agree with your wife, but am OK with the fake wood in the Casita, too). Still, so far we've done all right in the Casita, even stepping over the dog on the floor. It's way better than a tent!

Last year we went through many of the debates you have. Here's a somewhat lengthy account, "The Molded Fiberglass Obsession":

https://walkingcreekworld.wordpress....ass-obsession/

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #123

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
So true. As I get older, I put more value on doing things NOW, instead of hesitating to find the best deal/best camper/best whatever.

I like to say, "Whats the one thing everyone sells willingly but can never buy? .....Time...."
Old 06-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #124

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Late to this party, but haven't been here in a while. Our last trips have been by train, but we'll be camping with family later this month in our still-winterized Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe. I need to build some shelves in the closet and 'summer-ize' it.

If I had my druthers, I'd like an Escape 19 for more room, or an Oliver for sheer elegance (I agree with your wife, but am OK with the fake wood in the Casita, too). Still, so far we've done all right in the Casita, even stepping over the dog on the floor. It's way better than a tent!

Last year we went through many of the debates you have. Here's a somewhat lengthy account, "The Molded Fiberglass Obsession":

https://walkingcreekworld.wordpress....ass-obsession/

/Mr Lynn
Mr. Lynn, Your blog looks great and I look forward to reading all of it. I will get back to you at some point. Very busy these days around here. Just beginning my new obsession (and I already have several others going at the same time). I believe your work will be helpful to us. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #125

Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
All of life is a trip. I'm just biding my time until I can go home.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:20 AM   #126

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
So true. As I get older, I put more value on doing things NOW, instead of hesitating to find the best deal/best camper/best whatever.

I like to say, "Whats the one thing everyone sells willingly but can never buy? .....Time...."
We will not delay anything, I promise you. But there will be method involved. Visit Oliver factory, make out order, get quote, sell cabin, order trailer. In the meantime, we still have to drive many miles back and forth between Michigan and Florida, haul our seasonal furniture and recreation toys in a uhaul back to Florida after we sell cabin, fly to Mexico for a week in January 2018 for a wedding, and then head out on our adventure sometime in February 2018. No delays unless health or nature decides otherwise. Also will consider other options during above process as that, I know, is the smart thing to do.

Tags
eggcamper, oliver, scamp 16, t@b