Which one to buy! Hi from So. Calif. - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #85

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Lisa we are also big boonedockers you know the term we pride ourselves on saving money thus we stay at the walmarts a lot. we stay at state parks in the tenting section more our type people again that just us as we tented for 41 years every state and Europe 4 times. at 75 I have to get my health better I want to go back again not with the scamp of course.

As you run your scamp you will learn so many things and if you have a question blast away I will help. just have fun out there!

k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:59 AM   #86

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
Lisa I can take fun I can take about anything
Whew! Glad you can, because I got worried that I offended you as I was poking fun at ya after I clicked the send button.

Noooo don't feel badly about that extra 1K you spent. Mine is a 1992 and does have an issue or two. I have a short in my 12volt wire somewhere and there was some fiberglass damage in the wheel well where the former owner had a tire blowout. I'd have happily paid more if mine didn't have those.

Yes, I agree these are fun!!!!!

lisantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #87

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Liza thanks for your reply do you have someone handy do you know an electrian friend? I suggest you learn where you innards are on your camper my converter is in the back corner right side under the bed. did you know that?

you need to learn also get yourself one of those free multimeters at H/F and study how that meter works it will become your friend I use mine all the time to track down things. you sound real handy.

Our Stevie what can I say its not perfect but nothing major like you have listed maybe I got a good deal after all. Ha ha who knows.

Keep posting keep having fun I am here to help if I can!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:24 AM   #88

California
Registry
It's been a little over a year since ownership and I thought it was time for an update.
During the year we went on 8 camping trips. Enjoyed every one of them.
All trips so far have been in Calif. and Arizona.

Have used the Scamp as a guest room several times!

One of the most surprising facts is just how many people have stopped by to ask if it is for sale. One person left a note on my fence the other day with their phone number wanting to buy.

During the year of ownership, I have come very close to buying a 16' Scamp (three times), but I just couldn't convince myself that it would be better for our needs at this time.

Here she is in the driveway:
Old 10-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #89

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Hey, Glad its still working out for you.

Its so tempting to want to go bigger we feel it when we go out in our 13 footer. But I don't like the claustrophobic feeling of having the bathroom in the little trailer. You get an extra 3 feet but nothing for it. Maybe in a wetter location I would feel different. The 2 of us fits like a chicken in the egg, just right. Plus parking in the driveway just makes it so right.

If I hit the lotto then I would buy a brandy new Escape. But until then I hope to be happy with what I have.

Are you going to the Lake Casitas rally at the end of the month?
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:59 AM   #90

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
BASS location is full, but I did just get Oct. 24th-26th, so I'll see a little of the rally folks.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #91

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisantica View Post
BASS location is full, but I did just get Oct. 24th-26th, so I'll see a little of the rally folks.
I am in B6 Lesley and Steve.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:46 AM   #92

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Good to hear from you again, Lisa. Glad to hear you've been busy Scamping!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #93

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Hey, Glad its still working out for you.

Its so tempting to want to go bigger we feel it when we go out in our 13 footer. But I don't like the claustrophobic feeling of having the bathroom in the little trailer. You get an extra 3 feet but nothing for it. Maybe in a wetter location I would feel different. The 2 of us fits like a chicken in the egg, just right. Plus parking in the driveway just makes it so right.

If I hit the lotto then I would buy a brandy new Escape. But until then I hope to be happy with what I have.

When would I expect to be tempted to want a bigger trailer? I've only had my Scamp13 for 14years now. I am not yet even "tempted to want" a large trailer.
Your point ..."Its so tempting to want to go bigger"... is wise and well taken.

It is a rare insight to understand that a person can actually control what is "wanted" or desired. That is one of the true keys to contentment.

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote