WV / MD / VA: ParkLiner Tour Request - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #1

Name: K
Trailer: RoadTrek
WV
WV / MD / VA: ParkLiner Tour Request

I am looking for a ParkLiner owner who is willing to show his egg-za-lent trailer to a prospective egg shopper who lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. My spouse and I are vacillating between an egg and a super-sized teardrop design. Among the eggs, the Parkliner is most appealing, but all my research has been via web browsing. I know the location of the factory, but I would like to see a trailer before making the trip.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Hi and to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

The Parkliner is a nice trailer, I feel fortunate in that I've seen one in person.

Best of luck on your egg hunt!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #3

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Greetings & welcome to the forum. I hope you get a local tour. Like you, I'd done my web-homework, and my wife and i were fortunate enough to get a tour of an early prototype. Basically, that tour just verified what i already believed, that the PL would be a good fit for us. With season 1 nearly over for us we will say the PL is a nice home away from home.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #4

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Ive taken many long weekend trips in my ParkLiner this summer and am very happy with it. A standup caravan with a shower and a queen sized bed, and a side dinette thats 15' long... I love mine!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #5

Name: Kris
Trailer: Shopping
Maryland
I am considering a PL too! Will try to visit factory later this fall! If you see one please post your thoughts! I am in MD!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #6

Name: K
Trailer: RoadTrek
WV
Smile

Thank you for the responses. We are going to browse at the "America's Largest RV Show in Hershey, PA this weekend. We will be looking at the small and lightweight trailers nestling under the wings of the behemoths. I have gone to this show every few years for more than a decade. Somehow I liked it better when it was located at the Pa. Farm Show Building Complex.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #7

New Jersey
Registry
I much prefer a moulded fiberglass trailer to a stick built one for longevity and retaining value. Wish ya luck!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 09-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #8

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
Thank you for the responses. We are going to browse at the "America's Largest RV Show in Hershey, PA this weekend. We will be looking at the small and lightweight trailers nestling under the wings of the behemoths. I have gone to this show every few years for more than a decade. Somehow I liked it better when it was located at the Pa. Farm Show Building Complex.
Just be careful that you're not impressed with all the "bling." Push on the walls and really check out the fit and finish on anything that you might be interested in. At first blush, most of the trailers look very nice... but, the longer you look at something, the cheaper they look made.

Please give us your impressions when you get back.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #9

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
KMyers and Kris, there are many discussions about ParkLiner trailers archived on this forum, a number of which are only a couple of months old. Find the "search" button on the dark blue line at top of page. Tap for the drop down menu, choose the Google search block and enter the search term ParkLiner. Welcome.

jack
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #10

New Jersey
Registry
Research before you buy! I was looking at a new trailer, it talked about its aluminum walls, very retro looking. Well when I started googling it looking at photo's peopel took at the manuf plant I noticed that the ribs going from front to back were wood, which when the roof leaks, and it will they will get wet and rot out...huge job to replace.

Im not financially in a position to be able to keep buying new trailers every few years or wanting to keep repairing leaks. So I decided to keep looking for a fiberglass trailer till I found the one I like! Worth it in the long run.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #11

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
K, Obviously pretty much everyone on this web site loves fiberglass trailers. The real testimonity to the character of fiberglass trailers is their age. Our's is 22 years old and people are always shocked when I tell them. It's youthful compared to our son's Scamp, it's 36 years old. I certainly expect mine to be just as it is when we can no longer be road people....

Good luck in your searching.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #12

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Well?

Quote:

If you don't mind, please share your observations at, and your thoughts after, attending the Hershey RV show? Any new insight to share with the rest of us who couldn't go? What's the latest buzz on eggs? Dale
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #13

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
...What's the latest buzz on eggs? Dale
I'm curious as to if there were any "Eggs" at the RV show. Maybe because they tout the show as the "Largest" there would be a representation? Out here in Oregon i've never seen a fiberglass anything that i can remember at the Portland RV Show. Maybe there was and i missed it/them? The only times i've been in them have been visits inside owners rigs in campsites, parking lots or driveways.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #14

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hi: KMyers... Usually you won't see molded fiberglass trailers at an RV Show. Where you will see a lot of them is at a Rally. There you will get to tour many different styles, sizes, and brands. I saw my first Parkliner at the Egg Camping Club of GA. Tenn. AL. rally in Townsend Tenn.
Next April. 2014 will see a large group of Fiberglass owners having fun at the KOA in Townsend (Great Smokies N.P.) area. Last year we were one of among 70 trailers in attendance.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030256.jpg  

Tags
parkliner