Custom Made Curtains and Coordinating Items for Casita Trailers - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Kyle
Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe 1998
Washington
Custom Made Curtains and Coordinating Items for Casita Trailers

I make Custom Curtains for Casita Trailers with either blackout or light filtering lining.

Choose from a selection of fabrics on my Etsy site or, of you prefer, purchase fabric of your choice and send to me.

I also make pillow shams and bolster shams for extra storage of items such as clothing, towels, sheets, laundry.

Visit my Etsy site at casitacurtains.etsy.com

Old 02-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #2

Name: Rae
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDixon View Post
I make Custom Curtains for Casita Trailers with either blackout or light filtering lining.

Choose from a selection of fabrics on my Etsy site or, of you prefer, purchase fabric of your choice and send to me.

I also make pillow shams and bolster shams for extra storage of items such as clothing, towels, sheets, laundry.

Visit my Etsy site at casitacurtains.etsy.com
Any chance you also make them for scamp?

Old 02-25-2019, 11:04 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Washington
Curtains for Scamp

I have done a custom order for a Burro, but since I'm not familiar with a Scamp would need to see a photo - mostly regarding how to hang them (do you already have rods installed?) but I doubt it would be that difficult to figure out.

Casitas have carpeted walls so my curtains are designed to hang on drapery hooks in the carpet. Send me a photo! My e-mail is tuftoflowers@gmail.com.

Thanks for your interest!

Kyle
Old 02-26-2019, 09:19 AM   #4

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
On a Casita, if you don't want the blinds, the brackets holding the blinds can be used to hang a rod on. I got a small not quite 1x1, cut it to length and screwed it to the brackets. Then I bought small round curtain rods and cup style hooks to hold the rods.

This was done this winter so I don't know how well the rods will stay up, but they are easy to put back in the cup hooks.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:19 AM   #5

Name: Grace
Trailer: Casita 16F SD
Florida
Awesome. I sew, but if the price is right I'd rather spend my time on another renovation task. I'll visit your site ad bookmark it. I will be ready in about two months. DO you know anyone that reupholsters? Where are you physically located?
Old 02-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Washington
Slowpat, the idea behind my curtains is to achieve full blackout, and provide insulation by having the curtains "hug" the window when closed, accommodating the curved wall, which can't be achieved when they are hung from the mini blind brackets, unfortunately, as that would make them hang a good inch or more away from the window. I also wanted a cleaner, more decorative look, low profile 7/16 in rods run through curtain rings on back, and rods with finials. I guess it just depends on what look you are going for.

Countryside Grace, I am in Yakima, WA. I have done reupholstery myself but not currently offering that due to complications in distances. Upholsterers are getting harder to find! I do know of one in our state that I like, she's very booked up! But I see you are in Florida!

Thanks for your interest everyone!
Old 02-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #7

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I have run a "stick" through the loops that hold the blinds in place. That keeps the curtains closer to the window. Got that idea from watching narrow boat videos. The boats also have walls that taper out. My curtains are for privacy as I am a morning person and like to see the trailer get lighter as the sun comes up.

Good luck.

Tags
casita