Double interior pancake LED - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Double interior pancake LED

Double interior pancake LED light. Everyday sale price is $38.00. Made by Kaper II. Camping World has this light on sale right now for $58.96.
Chuck
Attached Thumbnails
LED 36 SMD double pancake light.jpg  

Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
is the same one Escape is now using?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Double Pancake LED light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
is the same one Escape is now using?
To answer your question I do not know what vendor Escape is using for their ceiling lights. I have sold many of these lights to people who have put them in cabins, boats, big RV's, small RV's, medium RV's.
Chuck
Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #5

Name: Laura & Rick
Trailer: Had an Escape 21 ft
Washington
I also can't say for sure, but when I saw Tammy and Reace's 19 footer at Bandon last July with the ceiling light and then got a fixture from Chuck I can't see any differences between the two. I do know that it's a great addition to my Escape.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Washington
Their are very few manufacturers of LED interior lights. I have sold many of these lights to people who own stick built trailers,Cabins,ice fishing shacks,and large Rv's.
Chuck
Old 08-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura & Rick View Post
I also can't say for sure, but when I saw Tammy and Reace's 19 footer at Bandon last July with the ceiling light and then got a fixture from Chuck I can't see any differences between the two. I do know that it's a great addition to my Escape.
Can you tell what type of LED bulb is installed? I was thinking of getting a less bright one for the bath but can not figure the manufacturer of the bulb. thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #8

Name: Laura & Rick
Trailer: Had an Escape 21 ft
Washington
Here is a great way to reduce the brightness and harshness that Escape owner Jon Vermilye passed on to me:

"What I do is add a piece of theatrical frost. It comes in 20" X 22" sheets, is flameproof (it is designed to go in front of 1000w theatrical lights). There are about 20 different frosts available from Rosco, and about the same from Lee Color media. Both are usually available from a theatrical supplier for around $8.00 per sheet; just cut it to fit. The suppliers have "Swatch Books", a book of 1" X 3" samples that are useful for picking out which you want. Talk nice to them & they may give you one, otherwise it shouldn't cost too much. I used Rosco 115, but, as I said, there are many varieties, including some that will warm the color of the high temperature (blueish) lamps."
Old 08-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Washington
The LED light shown is the new design has 36 diodes. The older lights had 50 diodes and are no longer available.
Chuck