Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #127

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Derek, We towed our Scamp 15 and two other small trailers for 7 years, 250,000 miles with our 2004 CRV, basically the same vehicle as the Element. t had the same clutch when we traded it in. The only thing we ever replaced was a thermostat and the radiator fan. We towed every where in NA for 7 months a year.

If we could have bought another with the manual transmission we would have.

I'm sure the Element tow your rig beautifully. We met a couple that tow with a manual Honda Fit and at least one person towed a Scamp 13 with the Fit.

Looks like you're having fun

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:52 PM   #128

Name: Kristen
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1
Colorado
Has anyone ordered one yet?

Old 05-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #129
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Hi Coolbean60!
We have accepted a handful of deposits to make the first batch HC1's, a few are members here. We have had a few private viewings of the prototype at our lot for early adopters, friends and family. Feedback has been very positive.
We have only released pricing, spec and detailed information on the trailer to a very small list of people (first to sign up to our mailing list). We want to have production units ready for potential customers that wants to see, touch and test the trailer.

For thoes wanting to know, the HC1's pricing will start at $13,950 for the basic hauler. It goes up depending on features and customization options, we are building every trailer to order. With our double wall 100% bonded fiberglass construction, sturdy frame, honeycomb floor and dozens of unique features we feel our pricing is competitive.

Its a super busy but exciting time for us, its been fun taking photos making videos and packaging the release of the trailer. We still are refining components and accessories and have a few great additions to share shortly. As always, i will post what i can on here first as your feedback is very valuable to us. If you want to get on a pre-order list email us to sales@happiercamper.com or sign up on www.happiercamper.com. We will have our new website up shortly thanks for your Patience!
Old 05-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #130

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Some good press for them
HC1 travel trailer combines modular convenience with vintage looks

This shows a tent back option
HC1 | Tiny House Swoon
Old 05-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #131
Commercial Member

California
Thanks Ken!
Yep, blog posts have been coming out, its been good. I think these guys got all the photos and information from here as i haven't released it anywhere else yet.. We're still working on the website and haven't officially released much. Its good, we have had a lot of people sign up to our mailing list, and the posts are coming from generally non-RV related places like tiny house, design and architecture blogs. That rear tent is called a ArcHaus, its a arc tent designed specifically for rear hatch vehicles, and it fits on the HC1 as if it was specifically made for it. We are offering it as a option to the HC1. We are also building a rear screen room that is quick and easy to snap onto the hatch, not as roomy as the Archaus, but gives you a ton of function and makes that rear hatch work as a secound room. We are also adding a solar heated pressurized 5 gal tank "road shower" option to our rear bumper. With the screen room, This effectly turns the rear hatch into a easy outdoor shower. Photos shortly.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #132

US
Ohh Ok thanks. Glad you were able to pop in the forum here. Yeah that tent option caught me eye, it fits perfect and the porta potti photo caught my eye too. Thanks for the update, great work.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #133

US
Looking at the FAQ is there any R value rating on the insulation to the honeycomb fiberglass? I was unable to find it. Thanks.

PS- Their website has been updated with lots of good info if anyone wants to check it out. Showing a base price now.

"....Our honeycomb fiberglass floor is a very rigid 1.5″. It will not rot or deteriorate, and under normal conditions will last decades. The floor is built onto a super strong frame that can carry many times its weight."

"Is the HC1 insulated?
A:: Yes! Between the dual hull fiberglass shell is a thin thermal layer"
Old 06-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #134
Commercial Member

California
Hi guys!

Thanks Ken,
The floor of the HC1 is does not have a insulated layer, it is a single piece 1.5" thick honey comb fiberglass floor, it is enclosed with fiberglass sheets and a gel coat. I do not have a R rating on this right now. The modular floor panels are custom molded with a flooring panel attached. The flooring panels are made by infinity fabrics, there super durable and have a 10 year warranty. They add an extra layer of insulation when used. Here are some of the great properties of this flooring were using.

Infinity Fabrics Luxury Woven Vinyl® is used by Top Designers & Specifiers.
Our Products Features & Benefits are:
  • 100% Recyclable & Certifiably Green®
  • Phthalate Free
  • Lead Free
  • Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Certified
  • Meet California Prop 65 Standards
  • Heavy Commercial Traffic Rated
  • Anti-Microbial: Promoting No Bacterial Growth
  • Moisture Barrier
  • Soil & Stain Resistant
  • Mold & Mildew Resistant
  • Appearance Retention
  • Ultra-Violet Stable & Fade Resistant
  • Dense Attached Cushion Backing with No Delamination
  • Non-slip Backing
  • Ease of Cleaning
  • Impervious to Gasoline, Grease, & Motor Oil
  • Unaffected by Sea Gull & Spider Defecation
  • Top Acoustic Rating enabling a Quite Ride
  • Flammability: Top Rating in All Categories
  • Smoke Density: Passes ASTM E-662 Test

Infinity Fabrics Luxury Woven Vinyl® products carry a limited ten year warranty.

The interior walls have a layer of insulation barrier sanwiched between the double wall hull into the corners and roof. The trailer has so far held its temperature quite well and im very happy with it.
If a thicker insulation is needed in the future for very cold camping we may offer a version of the trailer that will use a extra layer of insulate (similar to the Bolers and Trillium's), this would be a upgrade and would obviously ruin the beauty of the interior fiberglass mold. I have always used a Mr Heater and it heats it up very well in any condition.

Yes, we uploaded the new website this morning, were still fixing a few bugs here and there, but should have it all worked out by this evening. We will be sending a mail-out about the website launch early next week, so if your on our mailing list, look out for that If you see any obvious problems with the site please send me a email to info@happiercamper.com we're working round the clock to dial it all in and get the most information we can out there for the community. Our first production units are coming out of the factory this month and i will have some new photos of the refined units for you very soon. I'm very excited for the Sage color HC1

thanks again for all the advice!

dm
Old 06-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #135
Commercial Member

California
Hello HC1ers!
Im looking for some advice on cushion density.
The HC1 cushions are 3" thick with a premium Sunbrella fabric for in/outside use.
I thought i wanted to go with a very firm cushion, but after sleeping on them this past weekend im feeling that it may be too hard, maybe medium. What cushion density do you like or recommend? I know were all diffrent, but i would like to find a standardized density.

thanks!
dm
Old 06-20-2015, 10:33 PM   #136

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
I personally do NOT like the "firm" feel of cushions. My 2010 Scamp came with fairly FIRM cushions and we've bought "toppers" of sponge etc. to make them softer and sleep more comfortably!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:55 AM   #137
Commercial Member

California

Hi Folks, Derek here,

I Wanted to share some new photos with you of the secound HC1 Unit, “Mojave Sage” or the “sage coach” as mom calls it. We have a few things we’re still dialing in, but i think we have a good formula. We’re going to scatter these throughout our website at www.happiercamper.com but thought it would be good to place some here first.
First photo is Bryce loading in a 400 pound motorcycle (Ducati Scrambler Classic) into the rear hatch. We designed a custom 2" receiver bracket that plugs into the rear bumper 2" sleeve, its designed to allow a standard loading ramp to clear the rear lower lip of the fiberglass. The 6 embedded D-rings are built into the frame, and embedded into the honeycomb gel coat floor to hold the bike securely. We were very happy that we were easily able to stack our modular interior cubes around the bike, including cushions, floor panels, kitchenette and poti modules. This allowed for use to build out the trailer quickly when we reached our camp, and take the bike for a spin.

We were also able to squeeze in a 10' kayak That's the solar heated, pressurized "road shower" on the rear bumper

We're offering this awesome Zamp solar, medical rated 600watt inverter with CPAP power system, building it right into the wall and running with a 100 amp hr AMG battery. Charged with a 100 watt contoured solar panel. Its a very powerful system. There is dc power and USB ports placed around the trailer.

The shady boy awning is AWESOME.

Here is the Sunbrella fabric cushions and pillows. The mighty mini power converter is now inset into the fiberglass wall for a flush face. The new modular table leg bases well, are easy to take in and out, and hold very strong. Modular cubes now have handles and securing hardware for a permanent set up.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:56 AM   #138
Commercial Member

California

This is the final decision on the Mojave sage gel coat color, its slightly different then planned, but I feel its the perfect color. We upgraded the mounted stabilizers, to BAL jacks. The standard swivel back tong makes walking around the trailer much easier then a conventional tong.

We upgraded the roof vent to a maxx-air fan. We think the maxx-air works great, and looks good with our roof shape. Also decided to give the option of fully opening front and rear Dometic windows with built in shade screens.

We added some really bright LED side makers, and a upper marker light above the rear hatch for better visibility on the road. We decided on vintage inspired tear drop handles for the front and rear doors.

Added a sweet cup holder too
hope you like the new photos! We will be sending a updated mail out to our mailing list shortly.

If you want to learn more about the HC1′s unique features. Visit us Happier Camper | Ultra-light Travel and Utility Trailers

-dm
Old 06-26-2015, 05:35 AM   #139

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Some really nice and useful upgrades, the MaxxFan and Dometic windows, the Zamp solar, you have yourself a really nice little set up. That awning looks awesome also.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #140

Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Kansas
I have a question on the pricing. Price quoted above is for the "basic hauler" so would that be an empty one with no cubes at all?

The trailer really is a work of art!