Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos - Page 11 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #141

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 1982 Burro
California
Very cool and very impressive! Good luck and congrats! I love the Zamp Solar. What lake or camping spot are these photos taken? I'm in Ventura County.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #142

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot B17
Washington
Registry
Thanks for the new pics. Those are some pretty awesome additions/options that you've added.

There's been quite a bit of discussion here about just who this trailer will appeal to, who your market will be. All along, as I've seen you developing this, I've been thinking of my brother in law. He's not a 20-30 something guy, but a retired, very active outdoorsman who likes to take extended trips to hike and mountain bike in out of the way places. He likes to keep it simple - he's been tenting or camping in his VW van for ages. Now he's been thinking about getting something a little more capable and comfortable, but he doesn't want anything big. I think this would be right up his alley. I'm going to send him a link to your website and this discussion thread.

Keep up the good work. It's really great to see some innovation in the RV industry.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #143

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Thanks for sharing Derek . anyone else, just send an email to their sales email address and you will get a PDF price list.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #144

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Go sort of midway, fairly firm but not the most firm, on the cushion foam density. I have had a trailer with cheap soft foam and when sleeping I'd sink so deep in the cushions it was hard to turn over! I replaced them with 'superfoam' which turned out great for sitting but too firm for sleeping; however, it was simple enough to add a memory foam topper.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #145
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNnLUNA View Post
Very cool and very impressive! Good luck and congrats! I love the Zamp Solar. What lake or camping spot are these photos taken? I'm in Ventura County.
Thanks crystall those photos were taken at the entrance to the sequoia national park near Visalia . It was an epic trip with many sightings of bear, dear and a close encounter with a mountain lion
Old 06-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #146
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Thanks for the comments, means a lot, tons of sweat happening over here, and it was 107 at the factory yesterday!

Yep, the trailer is "modular" so we wanted to have a base entry version you can build out however you want. The Base includes most things you will want (all lights, front, rear and side port windows, AC/DC converter, 100 agm battery, upper cupboards, interior storage side walls, frame levers, etc) , but does not include any of the modular cubes and cushions or premium options.
We really are going for a customized experience and with this set up we can really let folks set it up the way they like. You can see some modular interior set ups here Adaptiv™ | Happier Camper
There is a little "Adaptiv configurator" app i made at the bottom of the page if you want to try setting it up for yourself (will not work on ios). The base is great as a mini toy hauler, put a queen size blow up bed in there, perfect fit!

We have a couple new components in the works that i think are going to be vital for a lot on here, a stand up closet component and a larger fully functional kitchenette component. The kitchennette componanet we are currently using is smaller and works well, but feel there will be many who want something more robust. Ill post photos when we have that ready.

I designed the HC1 with everyone in mind, it might not be for everyone's tastes, but i think with the modular interior, a lot of folk can get the experience there looking for. old and young, couples, families and loners. If anyone makes it out to so cal, stop by and we can show you one. My father Mike will be out at some fiberglass egg rallies with one soon, i was hoping to get it over there for Bolerama this year, but might need to be next year.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:54 PM   #147

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot B17
Washington
Registry
Oh, about the firmness of the cushions. I personally would go with the firm foam. A cushion that is too firm can always have a stopper added, but one that is too soft can never be made firmer. When we had new foam cut for our trailer the guy at the shop (which makes lots of boat cushions) talked me into going with a medium firmness, saying most people thought the firm was too firm for sleeping on. I wish we'd gone with the firm! Since your trailers are so customizable, maybe you could give folks the option of going either way.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #148

Name: Jill
Trailer: in the market
California
My first reaction was that this would be an awesome camper for the 20 or 30 something set. But the more I learn about it I wonder why we (50 & 60+) can't use this too. I love the quality construction and components. You just don't see that so much in the smaller campers. And I love that you are continuing to improve your components. When I read above that you are trying to make some components more permanent, and provide an enhanced kitchen component, that grabbed my interest even more.

If I can make a suggestion... It looks like your current kitchen component has a flip up side burner. If that's true, it would be great if you could swap its placement to the other side of the sink. That way the kitchen component could be placed beside the side door (towards the back) and the burner could flip out of the way when the door is in use, or flip up when the door is closed. Especially since you have 2 doors, this may be useful.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #149
Commercial Member

California
Thanks Jill, The option of the fold up extended counter top can be added to the right or the left side, or both! depending on where you want to place the modular kitchenette it can be very useful, i know i use the flip up in my trillium 1300 often. The new extended kitchenette component is coming along nicely, my father designed it, and i think it will be a popular option.

I agree, i think the HC1 is perfect for any age, my parents love it and there not so young chickens anymore. The comfort comes in building out the interior to your liking. Whatever gets you out there!

As for the cushions, we are going to try and find the perfect firmness as i would like to keep it the same for all, but if we have a specific request for firm or soft we can defiantly make that customization for our customers.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #150

Name: Jill
Trailer: in the market
California
One other thought I had. This trailer is going to get a lot of attention going down the road and wherever you park it. Since it's so mobile I would worry about it getting stolen. Any chance you can embed a gps locator or some kind of theft prevention device somewhere in the frame so it can't be removed? I know these are all just deterrents, but once again, just an idea.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:58 PM   #151
Commercial Member

California
Good idea Jill, a GPS tracker would be a great addition.
I have looked at them before for the rental trailers, but there expensive and there is a monthly fee. I have seen some great device like that on kick starter called Tile https://www.thetileapp.com/ but they don't use GPS, i think its more of a crowd sourcing thing. Tile is inexpensive, and small, Might be a good option, Ill look into it. If you or anyone has any advice into a GPS tracking option that would be a great feature. I had two trailers stolen off my old lot a few years ago, and never had them returned, there missed every day. The Uhaul was very special to me.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #152

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Any Cellular tracker would work. Use a pay as you go plan. A $100 card lasts a year, but I would pull the SIM card after six months so I could use it in a phone, and not waste the minuets. The trackers are CHEEP!
Mini SPY Vehicle GSM GPRS GPS Tracker CAR Vehicle Tracking Locator Device TK102B | eBay
Vehicle CAR GPS SMS GPRS Tracker Real Time Tracking Device Syatem Remote TK103B | eBay
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GPS-Tracker-C...item3f43c42886
Old 06-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #153

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Dave,

Any android phone with a built in locator would do the job, a cheap phone with long term minutes. You can go to google.com and type in find my phone and it produces a map of where your phone is.

I use it to monitor Ginny when she's out shopping.... just kidding.

Optionally, it will also ring your phone for 5 minutes, good when you lost it in the house.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #154

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Dave,

The Ebay products are very interesting. Anyone who's nervous about having their trailer stolen should have one.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote