Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos - Page 17 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #225

Name: September
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Thanks Lynn for your positive comments and yes our future plans do include a larger unit. We will also be designing a modular bath for the larger unit. I have the 1st prototype unit in southern ont and will be hopping to attend as many eastern and Midwest

rally's as possible this year. I will post when and where it will be.

The color on the Nash would look sweet on a hc1
Just got back from packing up tents in the rain
We would love to see the prototype of the larger unit (HC-2?). We are in NC, but we are always up for a road trip. Ontario is a bit far for a weekend drive. Do you know where you are going this summer? Thanks!

Old 05-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #226
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxdoc View Post
Just got back from packing up tents in the rain
We would love to see the prototype of the larger unit (HC-2?). We are in NC, but we are always up for a road trip. Ontario is a bit far for a weekend drive. Do you know where you are going this summer? Thanks!
September I hope to be at the Kentucky rally in June with the first prototype which should be much closer for you ,come on down and check it out.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:56 PM   #227
Commercial Member

Ontario
For anyone interested in seeing the HC1 we will have the first prototype at bolerama next week July 8-12 In the niagara area of Ontario (long beach) this is the first prototype and while it has the look and feel of the HCI it has a lot of the early signs of development . We have made almost 50 small mold changes as well as most of the hardware and soft materials since the first build.i have been pm by some people who would like to see the trailer but have been told the campground is full but that is only the serviced sites and we have almost unlimited group sites available so come on down or up for a great weekend of camping and seeing a wide assortment of fgrv 's
Old 07-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #228

North Carolina
Bathroom options

We just got back from a weekend with a friend's 21 foot coachman nano with front bed and back bunks. It was just the right size for the 4 of us, but it seemed complicated to set up and breakdown. We love the happier camper, but we are still trying to figure out the bathroom. In the nano, we used the toilet maybe 10 times a day. I wonder if there is a way to install a privacy screen suspended from the ceiling.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #229

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
I'm still trying to see one in the Northwest but haven't got a response from the company.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #230
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I'm still trying to see one in the Northwest but haven't got a response from the company.
Bobbie I will contact Derrick and see if he has sold any up there. I know he has sold a few in northern calafornia but not sure of your area
Old 07-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #231

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 pulled with a 2011 Subaru Outback 4cyl CVT
California
HC1 Travels North

We will be taking our HC1 on a road trip starting next Monday. We live in Sacramento. We will first go to Missoula MT till the 18th of July, then north to West Glacier for a week, then probably Banff. After that we have not decided, but will probably head west and then perhaps south along the coast of Washington, Oregon, and California. (Flip a coin to decide?) If anyone, along this track, is interested in seeing the trailer let me know and we may be able to work something out.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #232

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Let me know where you'll be if you make it to Washington as I'd love to see it.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #233

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
You'd think as many posts as they have HAD to see in here, they'd consider bringing one south/east. But as someone above has mentioned, they cant get any response from the company. Therefore, I'm not sure I'd want to own one if they're going to be that difficult to communicate with! Think about it...
Old 07-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #234

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
But as someone above has mentioned, they cant get any response from the company.
They did respond here to the post within an hour. I think that is fast. I know that sometimes an email gets misdirected/accidentally deleted/hits junk mail/etc, so unless getting no response is a common thing with a company, and I have never heard of that with HC, I would not worry much.

They responded to a request of mine a year or so ago rather quickly then too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #235

Tennessee
Post 184- I asked about the possibility of coming East. 186 they responded but ignored mine. I guess we'll just have to wait until someone from our area purchases one. But who ever does can count on being swamped with inquiries and requests for viewing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
They did respond here to the post within an hour. I think that is fast. I know that sometimes an email gets misdirected/accidentally deleted/hits junk mail/etc, so unless getting no response is a common thing with a company, and I have never heard of that with HC, I would not worry much.

They responded to a request of mine a year or so ago rather quickly then too.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #236

North Carolina
Hi Darral,
We have been trying to see the HC-1 in 2016 with no luck. Now we have the choice of vacationing in LA next year or just waiting around to see if a 15-foot version gets into production. With a family of 4 grumbling for a bathroom, that may be our best bet. Then again, if you buy one, we could take a trip to Tennessee to see it
Old 07-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #237

Tennessee
I understand your dilemma. We have a 13' Scamp we bought new with a bathroom and my wife would not have an RV without it. Period. I could (and did growing up) suffice with a porti-potty. But you DO need to make an area for privacy...not sure if the HC1 supports this or not. Ours has a "room" with a door. (of course we have a sink/shower in there too).

As "modular" as the HC1 is, maybe they have a bathroom module?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxdoc View Post
Hi Darral,
We have been trying to see the HC-1 in 2016 with no luck. Now we have the choice of vacationing in LA next year or just waiting around to see if a 15-foot version gets into production. With a family of 4 grumbling for a bathroom, that may be our best bet. Then again, if you buy one, we could take a trip to Tennessee to see it
Old 07-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #238

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
They said the bathroom would be a modular unit, I suspect they mean walls and a door that you can put in inside through the back door. It will be interesting to see their design solution. They will show it when it is ready to go into production, be patient, it takes a lot of work to get from drawing board to prototype to building molds, then the first production parts come out and then the photo shoot, web page and videos and finally out the factory door for delivery.

Lack of immediate response...growing pains... in the early years of a new company everyone is wearing multiple hats and manning a desk full time is rarely possible.