Trailer: Casita
California
Thinking out of the box

Old 02-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #16

Name: Denis
Trailer: trillium 15
Ontario
Very Nice

I like it , would like to see more specs , but i do like the hatch in the back , the big windows , maybe we could see how things look inside more ??????????????? also sizes ??? thanks for sharing what you have so far ..

Old 02-25-2015, 06:37 PM   #17

Name: Darnelle
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Minnesota
Love the almost retro design! Can't wait to see the specs.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:11 PM   #18

Name: Bill
Trailer: Future purchase
British Columbia
Very nice looking. Love the back hatch. That is a great idea. Would this be strong enough for off road travel? Will there be a longer version? Will there be a longer version with a bathroom?
Old 02-25-2015, 08:10 PM   #19

Name: Mo
Trailer: Still looking
Texas
This is so amazing; the rear hatch is revolutionary. Like, like, like! We've done lots of van camping, cooking on a backpacking stove or a coleman. I've been thinking recently, as we look forward to a small FG trailer, that I could dispense with a built in cook top, and have two portable cook tops -- one with a gas canister for situations where there will be no electricity, and a portable induction cook top for times when electric is available.

I like the idea of modules and being able to configure as needed. Being able to load up the mtn bikes in there and just take off is great.

Because the rear hatch will like be used to expand camping space by many people, some way to attach an awning or some interior and exterior anchor points would be great, as well as a way to put up screening/mosquito netting.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:49 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I like the rear opening hatch. Perhaps an add on room screen back there. I'd drop those low hanging rear stabilizers and just use 2 of those little aluminum tripod units you have for the front. Rear license plate light? What about battery and propane on tongue? You have a great start....
Thanks Jim . I'll hijack Derek's thread and answer here until we merge threads . Yes we do have a add on room for the hatch just not sure if it the one we'll use yet . As to the stabilizers and license plate light that is not the actual frame we will use that was just a generic frame we used for the build Lippert industries will supply us with a custom built frame which will include adjustable torsion suspension and trailer brakes . There will also be an option for a foldable tongue and a rear receiver that will come standard. We will have options for the receiver including pressurized solar water tank , bike rack ,ramp support as well as other items. As to on board power we will have ac/dc power we will have a 100watt flexible solar panel and solar controller hooked up to a AGM battery. .The converter will be a progressive dynamics mighty mini .as of now we will not be supplying propane as we believe self sustaining solar and battery will be sufficient and only get better with with new solar and battery innovations.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:03 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
No front rock guard?
David our rock guard is our front window , the front window is called rock shield made by HeHr it is shatterproof and chip proof. All our windows are tinted jalhousie windows made by HeHr . All our windows are on flat surfaces and can changed for different sizing .On our prototype the front and rear windows are oversized by almost an inch and will be corrected .
Old 02-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreengirl View Post
I love the looks of it - so bright and cheerful and with all the cute factor of the vintage trailers! The interior is nice and light too and I love all the windows. The rear hatch is a great feature I think! I'm not sure about the modular idea, but will look forward to seeing more photos of how that could be configured. I don't know if I would use those removable cubes. Do they have handles or hand-holds on them? If they were full of gear they might be heavy to lift.

Is there a fresh water tank or do you just hook it up to campground water?

It looks like it will appeal to people who have enjoyed tent camping and now want to move to something more comfortable and weather-proof.
Thanks Kathy . I too was hesitant on the cube design . Our first cubes were made of all fiberglass they were quite expensive and on the heavy side but still they could be handled by the average person. We than changed the cubes to rotomold composite they are half the weight of fiberglass and very durable they will not chip the final production of the cubes will have a handle inset for easy handling
Old 02-26-2015, 06:03 AM   #23
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014 V6 Jeep Cherokee
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Thanks Kathy . I too was hesitant on the cube design . Our first cubes were made of all fiberglass they were quite expensive and on the heavy side but still they could be handled by the average person. We than changed the cubes to rotomold composite they are half the weight of fiberglass and very durable they will not chip the final production of the cubes will have a handle inset for easy handling
In that case any thoughts of one of them being a cooler?
Sid
Old 02-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
In that case any thoughts of one of them being a cooler?

I'll second that idea. Top-opening and insulated for maximum efficiency.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Here are a few more photos for the forum we thought we would share
We took the HC1 on a its first trip for some bike riding through the hills in the mojave.
Were very happy with how well the trailer pulled and the ease of use out there in the world. Its been a long journey getting this far, and we cant wait to share more information and photos of the HC1 with the users here.
More info soon at www.happiercamper.com and hc1.info and sign up to our mailing list.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #26

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Nice, really nice, should make Subaru owners happy
Old 02-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #27

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
People are going to find this to be a nice, utilitarian, multi-use option for a trailer.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #28

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
A couple of comments:

As the American Auto manufacturers learned the hard way, trying to design something that suits everyone's possible needs can wind up suiting no one. I'd opt for a simpler approach and, FWIW, maybe except for short term weekenders/rental users, I think that no-propane is a death march.

Now that it's been on the road, are there any weight numbers yet?