Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos - Page 21 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #281

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Worked for me on my phone and in My PC.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:06 PM   #282
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
New second location

For anyone following the progress of the HC1 over the past couple of years and the direction to which we are headed I am pleased to announce we will be opening a second showroom and sales office as well as light assembly and outfitting at our new location in down town Detroit Mich (Corktown) in the shadow of the former Tiger stadium . We are now open by appointment only until our Grand opening sometime in July .I will post the exact date soon for any one wishing to attend.
Many of you here may ask why Detroit with its harsh former reputation to which I can say is a city we believe is in full rebirth and a city to be recond with in the future and we think is a good fit for us and our customers. We are located in the cork town area in very close proximity to some of the largest developments Occurring in the US by the Illich family owners of the Detroit red wings,little Caesar pizza, Dan Gilbert owner of quicken loans and many others .
We also believe Detroit will be a convenient location for for many who do not want to travel all the way to los angles to view the HC1 as there are as many as 50 million people within a three hundred mile radius of Detroit.
Detroit is also a comfortable fit for us as Derek and I were born right across the Detroit river in Windsor Ont and know the area very well.The Michigan and Ontario areas also boast some of the best camping in North America as can be varified by the many members here.
Thanks to the many members here for there imput and to our patient customers(I know the wait can be long) for helping us grow what we think is a unique camping and traveling experience.
Thanks Mike.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #283

Name: Tom
Trailer: interested in HC1.
Colorado
Excellent, best of luck!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:19 PM   #284

Name: September
Trailer: Happier Camper
North Carolina
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
For anyone following the progress of the HC1 over the past couple of years and the direction to which we are headed I am pleased to announce we will be opening a second showroom and sales office as well as light assembly and outfitting at our new location in down town Detroit Mich (Corktown) in the shadow of the former Tiger stadium . We are now open by appointment only until our Grand opening sometime in July .I will post the exact date soon for any one wishing to attend.
Many of you here may ask why Detroit with its harsh former reputation to which I can say is a city we believe is in full rebirth and a city to be recond with in the future and we think is a good fit for us and our customers. We are located in the cork town area in very close proximity to some of the largest developments Occurring in the US by the Illich family owners of the Detroit red wings,little Caesar pizza, Dan Gilbert owner of quicken loans and many others .
We also believe Detroit will be a convenient location for for many who do not want to travel all the way to los angles to view the HC1 as there are as many as 50 million people within a three hundred mile radius of Detroit.
Detroit is also a comfortable fit for us as Derek and I were born right across the Detroit river in Windsor Ont and know the area very well.The Michigan and Ontario areas also boast some of the best camping in North America as can be varified by the many members here.
Thanks to the many members here for there imput and to our patient customers(I know the wait can be long) for helping us grow what we think is a unique camping and traveling experience.
Thanks Mike.
Congrats! Excited to see you on the east coast. I took a trip out to LA early this year and ordered our HC-1 in March. Hoping to get #81 delivered to NC this month + will be happy to show off our baby in the south by this fall.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:11 AM   #285
tua

Name: Tua
California
Congrats Toxdoc and welcome to the family! You are going to be SO happy when your HC1 arrives!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #286

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Toxdoc, I'm up in Central VA and get down to NC fairly often. Would you be willing to have me stop by and take a look at your new home away from home? I would really enjoy the opportunity for a road trip and the experience of seeing a totally new design in FGRVs.

Regards,
Froggie
Old 06-15-2017, 09:00 AM   #287

North Carolina
Waiting in info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
Toxdoc, I'm up in Central VA and get down to NC fairly often. Would you be willing to have me stop by and take a look at your new home away from home? I would really enjoy the opportunity for a road trip and the experience of seeing a totally new design in FGRVs.

Regards,
Froggie
Hi Froggie,

Sure, I would be happy to show off the HC-1 once we get it. They have not updated me recently - I think it will be delayed past July 4 weekend so they are afraid to tell me 😀
Old 07-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #288

Trailer: Currently Shopping
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxdoc View Post
Hi Froggie,

Sure, I would be happy to show off the HC-1 once we get it. They have not updated me recently - I think it will be delayed past July 4 weekend so they are afraid to tell me 😀
Have you received your camper yet? We're getting ready to order one and would love to see one in person and get any feedback you have so far. We live in NC as well (somewhat near Charlotte).
Old 07-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #289

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by snodgrass23 View Post
Have you received your camper yet? We're getting ready to order one and would love to see one in person and get any feedback you have so far. We live in NC as well (somewhat near Charlotte).
Hi Jim,

Funny you should ask. The camper arrived today, but the shipping company is still trying to figure out to get it off of the flatbed truck. We are at home waiting for them to deliver it the last 6 feet!
Old 07-24-2017, 05:43 PM   #290

Trailer: Currently Shopping
North Carolina
Quote:
Hi Jim,

Funny you should ask. The camper arrived today, but the shipping company is still trying to figure out to get it off of the flatbed truck. We are at home waiting for them to deliver it the last 6 feet!
That happens at my house all the time. I have a long winding driveway and large deliveries always show up on a semi truck that then can't get back to the house. Multiple times I've had to have them come back the next day with a smaller truck.

You'd think they would have considered how they were getting it down when they loaded it.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:36 PM   #291

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Hi Jim,

Sure hope you took some pics of the delivery.....those last 6 feet would be priceless .
Old 07-24-2017, 09:26 PM   #292

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Sure hope you took some pics of the delivery.....those last 6 feet would be priceless .
So, it took 4 hours for the delivery guy to get a towing service to get the camper off of the flatbed. We showed up, got the keys, and they left. At this point, Otto and I realize that the owners manual online says 2" ball hitch, but the FAQ on Happier Campers Tumblr website says 1 7-8". Which one did I get? The 2". Which one is it? Yep, you guessed it! The coupler wouldn't fit on the ball. *Note: It is possible the hitch wouldn't fit because we had the hitch too low for the jacked up HC, but we couldn't turn it over because we didn't bring a big enough wrench. ** Note: Always be prepared 😀

At this point, despite the fact that it is getting dark, it is still 95 degrees and 73% humidity. What a great time for a leisurely stroll! We open the gate at the UHaul storage facility and tow (yes, by hand, the 2 of us) the HC to Bay 695. It brings me no joy to tell you that I have no pictures of our hilarious evening constitutional. Just picture 2 people-sized people, pushing a room on wheels through the storage facility bays, under cover of darkness.

We arrive at Bay 695 to find it occupied. Hmmm. My normally cheerful and not at all sarcastic disposition strains against the stifling humidity of July in the South. We examine the truck occupying Bay 695, as if by gaining some knowledge of its origin we will be able to magically banish it from our new Egg's nest. It looks like a work truck. Hmmm. That didn't help - it's still there. With no magic or miracles to aid us, we pushed the camper into Bay 697.

There may have been some choice words during our leisurely stroll, so we decided to sit inside for a minute. With sweat literally dripping off of us, we sit in the camper and look around. Some things have rattled loose during transit. This is to be expected, but not well tolerated in the mind-rattling heat and humidity. Otto "Saint Otto the Merciless" starts asking me questions. "You have been obsessed with this thing for like 2 years, and you don't know if we should plug it in to the outlet in Bay 697?!" My normally cheerful and not at all sarcastic disposition begins to sour. "It's not like YOU know anything about electricity!" It is a technological marvel, and despite having 2 PhDs between us, RV electricity remains the lone mystical standout in our belief systems. Should we plug it in? We don't know. In Saint Otto's defense, he does know some things about some things. Me - I know some stuff - but I have zero, ZERO, skills. Anyway, the battery won't explode overnight if we don't plug it in and just go home and get some sleep.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #293
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
So, it took 4 hours for the delivery guy to get a towing service to get the camper off of the flatbed. We showed up, got the keys, and they left. At this point, Otto and I realize that the owners manual online says 2" ball hitch, but the FAQ on Happier Campers Tumblr website says 1 7-8". Which one did I get? The 2". Which one is it? Yep, you guessed it! The coupler wouldn't fit on the ball. *Note: It is possible the hitch wouldn't fit because we had the hitch too low for the jacked up HC, but we couldn't turn it over because we didn't bring a big enough wrench. ** Note: Always be prepared 😀

At this point, despite the fact that it is getting dark, it is still 95 degrees and 73% humidity. What a great time for a leisurely stroll! We open the gate at the UHaul storage facility and tow (yes, by hand, the 2 of us) the HC to Bay 695. It brings me no joy to tell you that I have no pictures of our hilarious evening constitutional. Just picture 2 people-sized people, pushing a room on wheels through the storage facility bays, under cover of darkness.

We arrive at Bay 695 to find it occupied. Hmmm. My normally cheerful and not at all sarcastic disposition strains against the stifling humidity of July in the South. We examine the truck occupying Bay 695, as if by gaining some knowledge of its origin we will be able to magically banish it from our new Egg's nest. It looks like a work truck. Hmmm. That didn't help - it's still there. With no magic or miracles to aid us, we pushed the camper into Bay 697.

There may have been some choice words during our leisurely stroll, so we decided to sit inside for a minute. With sweat literally dripping off of us, we sit in the camper and look around. Some things have rattled loose during transit. This is to be expected, but not well tolerated in the mind-rattling heat and humidity. Otto "Saint Otto the Merciless" starts asking me questions. "You have been obsessed with this thing for like 2 years, and you don't know if we should plug it in to the outlet in Bay 697?!" My normally cheerful and not at all sarcastic disposition begins to sour. "It's not like YOU know anything about electricity!" It is a technological marvel, and despite having 2 PhDs between us, RV electricity remains the lone mystical standout in our belief systems. Should we plug it in? We don't know. In Saint Otto's defense, he does know some things about some things. Me - I know some stuff - but I have zero, ZERO, skills. Anyway, the battery won't explode overnight if we don't plug it in and just go home and get some sleep.
Just plug it in I assure you nothing will blow up as long as it is regular household current. All hc1 s are 2 in so if you have a 2 in ball you should be good to go , make sure your tounge lock is raised up or it will not drop on the ball. Don't be afraid to ask questions here or at the happier camper office I'll also pm you my number if you need more info
Old 07-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #294

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Good story, Toxdoc. I was expecting to hear the proverbial "Are we having fun yet?" at almost any moment.

At least you got the egg off the truck without cracking!

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper, hc1