Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos - Page 22 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-24-2017, 09:28 PM   #295

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Registry
Toxdoc, thanks for allowing us to experience the humor in a difficult situation! The image of you two tugging that trailer through the dark... priceless! I just returned from a week in eastern Oklahoma, in case I had forgotten what heat and humidity do to the human body...

Congratulations on the new HC1! It will all come together quickly. When's the maiden voyage?

Old 07-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #296

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Jon, you were close by! Yes, our weather has been tough lately... like FL, too, it seems.

Getting the socket to drop onto the ball can be challenging sometimes. Take some oil or grease when you try next... lube on the ball and on the locking pawl inside the socket will help. Make sure you have the lock handle upright, so the pawl is drawn back. When not lubed, this pawl tends to hang up on the side of the ball. Also see if the pawl needs adjustment; I have had mine be too far forward and when I got it on the ball the pawl was catching on the base below the ball and would not lock down.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:56 AM   #297

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Appreciate keeping us updated in the forum here Mike. I was wondering what those instagram #happiercamperdetroit posts were about, since that is so far from So-cal. You're new commercial space is really nice and Big. I'm sure a lot cheaper that cali Commercial space But how the heck did you get those new sidewalks? Was the city really nice enough to do that for you? Or did you have to twist some City hall arms ha ha.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #298

US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
For any one interested you can now check out the start up video (camping goods) at Watch Full Episodes Online of Start Up on PBS | Camping Goods
Great video, worked fine here on a tablet. It's nice to put a face with Derek's name. If anyone missed it, in the video, mentioned is a Larger version of Happier camper in the works . And gee, R30 double hull insulation is impressive.

"We are working with some new insulation processes that will insulate further to r15 and up to r30, and still maintain the thin double hull shell."
Old 07-25-2017, 09:13 AM   #299

Name: C
Trailer: Currently shopping for a Uhaul
Connecticut
Any of these on the east coast. CT,VT,NY,NH or MA?
Old 07-25-2017, 09:34 AM   #300

US
If no luck here, you call the company, a number and Manuf's have a list of their owners that are willing to show you a trailer in your area.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #301

Name: September
Trailer: Happier Camper
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Toxdoc, thanks for allowing us to experience the humor in a difficult situation! The image of you two tugging that trailer through the dark... priceless! I just returned from a week in eastern Oklahoma, in case I had forgotten what heat and humidity do to the human body...

Congratulations on the new HC1! It will all come together quickly. When's the maiden voyage?
Thanks Jon! We went back over to UHaul today to plug it in, move cubes around, and generally make a mess of things. It was glorious fun! I even towed the camper around the lot - with a car this time 😀

The weekend after next we are going to a lake about 30 minutes away. I hope that's enough of a shakedown trip, because we are leaving for 9 days the week after that. Through Shenandoah, up to Pennsylvania Dutch country, back down to Natural Bridge in VA, then home for a night before heading to SC to see the eclipse.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:27 PM   #302

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Photos. Need photos.

Tags
happier camper, hc1