Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #85
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Thank you Jim as some how some think we are insulting other Fgrvs and owners buy trying to build a different style of trailer when in fact we are trying to bring a different demografic into the Fgrvs fold . Being the owners ofmany different Fgrvs I would never sugest any of them as being inferior to the other they all suit our different needs and wants. I personally l ove my trillium 4500 and think it is perfect for me ,some others might disagree As to numbers on the tab they were quoted to me at the RIVA convention in louiville by one of ther salesman and not verifiable but they are mass produced iin typical frame construction ,numbers built to numbers sold could be different I would also like to apologize for any misspelling and wording here as I type this on my phone and my thumbs are bigger than my keyboard

Old 03-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #86

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I owned a T@da, the bigger T@b and it had a cassette toilet which I loved since it could be used in the dead of winter using windshield washer antifreeze while the rest of the trailer was winterized. Now the T@B has a cassette. The issue with T@da and T@b was delamination of the walls and roof due to leaks, the bane of trailer ownership and the reason for converts to the moulded fiberglass units.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #87

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
I currently also own a T@G and previously a Silver Shadow. I can attest that Liitle Guy makes very good products at reasonable prices. They are a good company to watch and learn from if you are entering the RV manufacturing business.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - http://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #88

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Thank you Jim as some how some think we are insulting other Fgrvs and owners buy trying to build a different style of trailer when in fact we are trying to bring a different demografic into the Fgrvs fold . Being the owners ofmany different Fgrvs I would never sugest any of them as being inferior to the other they all suit our different needs and wants. I personally l ove my trillium 4500 and think it is perfect for me ,some others might disagree As to numbers on the tab they were quoted to me at the RIVA convention in louiville by one of ther salesman and not verifiable but they are mass produced iin typical frame construction ,numbers built to numbers sold could be different I would also like to apologize for any misspelling and wording here as I type this on my phone and my thumbs are bigger than my keyboard
People don't like change. That's all you're witnessing. I think there is a segment to whom your trailer will appeal, with it's flexible layout, minimalist approach to amenities, retro look and obvious construction quality. I wouldn't give the negativity a second thought, but listen instead to those who are trying to help you complete and refine your vision. You probably already know that without me telling you -- a vision and a determination to make it a reality are key drivers of business success.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #89

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
This looks like a great melding of the best of several designs. I know I'm totally impressed with what you've done. Please keep us abreast with your further developments.

Froggie
Old 03-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #90

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Umm...T@b... I'll stick with Derek and the composite non wood floor
Source:A TAB Trailer Story: March 2012
Old 03-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #91

Name: Alex
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Illinois
I'm loving the look of this! I had emailed you earlier about the hatch size, I'm excited at the prospect of this potentially being used as a mini-toy hauler. Can you list the dimensions of the floor? As long as this could fit two race bikes, even if it'd be a tight fit, I would be the coolest guy at the track.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:53 PM   #92

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
As long as the guy with the Airstream Basecamp doesn't show up you could be the coolest, in that venue it's, well, impossible to beat.
Here's some links: Note the Prices $$$$$
Basecamp Archives - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstream Trailers For Sale
https://www.google.com/search?q=airs...w=1280&bih=799
Old 03-03-2015, 04:58 PM   #93

Name: Alex
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Illinois
Airstreams are glorious, but I honestly find the HC1 to be much better looking than the Basecamp.

That said, there is someone that often comes with one of the full-sized Eddie Bauer Airstreams. I'll never be that cool.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #94

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
I am guessing that your cubes are 2' x 2' x 2', am I close?

Maybe provide some attachment points around the upper part of the trailer, so people can suspend a kayak or something.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #95

Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Umm...T@b... I'll stick with Derek and the composite non wood floor
Source:A TAB Trailer Story: March 2012
My understanding is that the Dutchman T@bs (which is linked to above) weren't built nearly as well as the current Little Guy T@bs. Some of the older Fiberglass "egg" camper photos posted here on FGRV look about as bad with floor rot, leaks, etc!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:04 PM   #96

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 1982 Burro
California
You are inspiration! Thank you and beautiful work! Do you help with renovating other people's trailers?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-04-2015, 02:54 AM   #97
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Thanks for the all the great advice and support!
Sunnluna, We have been restoring vintage FG trailers for many years in LA, CA, and Windsor, ONT, Ca. We love them all big and small, wood and resin.

Bob, Airstream anything is very cool, Heavy and expensive, but cool.

Mike, your close! Walkable floor space is 60" x 100", it is arranges in a grid of 3 x 5 20" squares. There are two primary sizes to the modular Roto-mold cubes, with variations. The main "bench" cube is 20" x 20" x 16" tall, this one is primarily used for sitting, sleeping, storage and other options. The secound "counter top" cube is a 20" x 20" 20" tall, it is designed primarily to lock on top of the bench cube to create a 36" tall counter top, this module will be used for counter tops, sinks, stove tops, fridges and larger items as well as front loading storage.
There are 6 main components to the modular system, bench cubes, counter top cubes, table tops, cushions, floor panels, and box lids (that bring 16" bench cubs to counter top height, also conceal trailer appliances)

Knolly, the floor is incredibly strong, and with modular cubs removed the floor space is perfect for hauling larger items. So far we have tested with my DR650, its a bigger motorbike and weighs about 400Lbs, i have not tried it with 2 bikes yet, but our GVWR will sit somewhere around 2500 Lbs so you will have more then enough strength. There are 6 total D-ring tie downs that mount through the 1.5" thick honeycomb floor directly into the 4" thick frame, Here are some images of that.

im off to bed, ill post more on here when i have some fresh photos for you guys to tear apart in the meantime try to erase the Bryce on the can from your minds have a good night.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:23 AM   #98

Name: richie
Trailer: Casita patriot deluxe (sold)
Virginia
wow.!!1
I like what I see..
thanks--