Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #99

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
One of the things I miss while camping is my comfy recliner chair. I have been "making do" with a zero gravity lounger, which is nice but not as good. But the HC1 is flexible enough to allow my 34" wide home chair to fit right in. I have a Benchmaster with ottoman, something like this: Milano Leather Recliner and Ottoman by Benchmaster - Savvy Home Store . Plenty of possibilities with the open floor plan!

Old 03-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #100

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
I just wanted to say that I think your design is adorable, as well as functional. I applaud your clever use of the adaptable fiberglass boxes, and I wish you the best when sales begin.

It would not be my camper of choice as I like my Uhaul VT and am even finding that I wish for something larger, but I could see that it would be the camper that would be just up the alley for my son and his wife, as they are tent campers and like to cook outside. As they have young children, might I suggest a removable railing that could attach to one or two of the boxes to prevent young ones from falling out of the bed.

Great job!

CindyL

Old 03-04-2015, 01:54 PM   #101

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Can you latch down the cubes, so they don't bounce out of place on rough roads?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:49 PM   #102

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
"designed primarily to lock"
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post507758
Old 03-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #103
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Thanks guys!
Mike, thats a nice chair, fit a few lounge chairs and a fireplace! if i get a chance all shoot a photo for you.

Cindy, Thanks for the input, a guard rail is a good idea and ill look into a option for that. I know with my trillium, kids are always falling off the top bunk, not ideal!

Jim, bottom boxes lock tight into the floor base, and do not need a locking mechnisim, we have tested this thoroughly. After testing we decided any extra locking mechanism for base boxes is not needed in standard setup. It takes away from the simplicity, ads weight and clutter.

Stacked boxes, counter tops will need the extra locking mechanism, we are using embedded locking mounts (embedded nuts) in the boxes so they can be joined together easily with a wing bolt. We will also provide easy instruction for thoes who may want the boxes bolted perminatly into the surrounding walls (nut and bolt). This can limit the modular option, but may be a route many want to go (commercial use etc). Our goal is to keep it simple and flexible, but permanent when needed.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #104

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Good goal to have......
Old 03-05-2015, 08:34 AM   #105

Name: Alex
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekmichael View Post
This looks amazing! It'd be a tight fit for two bikes for sure but if the walkable area is 5' wide, I'm guessing the overall interior is a bit wider to allow a bit more clearance for handlebars, it should definitely be do-able.

A lot of racers, including myself, use these in trailers so you don't have to bother with tie-downs. Between the windows and the side-door I think it'd be pretty easy to guide a bike in despite the tight squeeze.

I'm getting ready to buy a new trailer in the next month or so, so I hope you guys release pricing details soon!
Old 03-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #106

Name: Wendy
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
No bathroom? Or did I miss something?
Old 03-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #107

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
The loo is shown and demonstrated in Post #73....
Spoiler alert, image may be seen as unsuitable for human eyes
Old 03-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #108
Commercial Member

California
Knolly, That trailer restraint looks perfect, i think you can easily fit a couple bikes in there side by side, i just haven't tried it. The width inside about is 6.4', with overall width at fender 6.11"and walkable floor space with no cubes is 60" x 100", plenty of space for the bikes and a few stacked boxes so you can set up as a camper at your local.
Wendy, our trailer shell is 10' long, its a 1100 Lb ultra light travel trailer and does not have the room for a separate bathroom. We did not design the HC1 specifically for the long haul, live in consumer, we feel there are plenty of great products on the market for that (scamp, casitas, airstream, RVs etc.) We're thinking weekender family vacations, guest rooms, and utility will be used most with the HC1. The trailer is fun, flexible and efficient.
That said, the HC1 is easily customizable with our toilet modular cube option. There will also a option for a "road shower" installed on the rear bumper of the trailer. The road shower is a 5gal pressurized solar heated water tank that will run a line into the rear hatch, essentially converting the rear hatch area into a outdoor shower, we will offer a curtain option to conceal while showering. We will release a PDF this week with our available options and upgrades to the flexible design, people like customization
join our mailing list at www.happiercamper.com and you can check through this post for more information. Thanks for all the comments and questions!
Old 03-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #109
Commercial Member

California
Bob, sorry again about sharing Bryce's Loo photo, were still laughing here, and his face is still red..
Old 03-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #110

Name: Wendy
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
Oh, I see. And now I can't unsee! Which box is the shower in?? Never mind.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #111

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekmichael View Post
Bob, sorry again about sharing Bryce's Loo photo, were still laughing here, and his face is still red..
Tell your brother he can compare himself to this one and stop blushing:
The Thinker | Legion of Honor

Your HC1 is a really interesting multipurpose trailer; great idea. Somebody on this forum was going to (maybe he did) replace the rear Scamp window with a larger, removable one in order to slide in one or two kayaks, if I remember correctly.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #112

Name: Kristen
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1
Colorado
This is the camper I have been waiting for! I am a mom with two kids who has a husband who absolutely opposed to owning an RV. He wants nothing to do with storing it or with the maintenance. So, naturally, I am on a mission to buy one anyway!

This is perfect for me because I want to be able to show up at a campsite and go to sleep without setting up a tent. We also had some bad rainy experiences with tent camping. I want to have a place for my kids to eat lunch, play cards or goof around if it gets too sunny, windy or rainy.

I do not want a toilet (that just seems gross for me to have to clean)and I plan to continue cooking outside with the kitchen stuff we already have. It will also be great to haul our mountain bikes.

I was looking at a Scamp, but when I started reading about winterizing it, blowing out lines with air compressors, etc,well, I am just not that handy, and frankly I don't have the time for that. I want something very simple, a step up from car camping, so that we can go on an overnight without much effort.

Derek, among my peers and friends, you definately have a market. I just hope the end product is reasonably priced and comes out soon! Good luck to you, you will do well!