Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-02-2015, 03:29 PM   #113

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
There are a lot of Scamps and others out there without much in the way of appliances that need winterizing. About the most you would have to do on many is pull up on a drain valve and let the system drain out. Total time to winterize: 5 minutes. Actually the basic units are sometimes harder to sell and go for a lower price. BTW: Scamp will build you a new one like that as well.

We haven't heard anything about prices, delivery or weight from any of the three new builders in a while. Anyone have any news?

Old 04-03-2015, 02:22 AM   #114
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Hello Cool beans!

Thanks for the comments! were working day and night to get as much together as we can. This weekend we will be sending out a release of the HC1 to our special pre order mailing list, this will include; a downloadable 16 page brochure with all the details you will need on the HC1 specs and options, a fun “making of” video documenting some of our journey, and a extended version of our Adaptive™ modular interior video. We will release to a wider audience with some other great videos and content later this month. If you want to be on this list you can sign up at www.happiercamper.com
This list will also be the first allowed to reserve there place in line for the production of the new trailers.

I took the HC1 prototype out the past couple weeks to the Kern river in the mountains here for a big test drive (thats why I have been missing on here . I got to say things were better then i could have expected, i thought it would be a good trip to work some kinks out, and there were a few. But wow, its so comfy inside and big. The extra wide wheel base and the fenders really keep the trailer to the road in turns and in the wind. It pulls and maneuvers so easily it was a pure joy to pull with my little honda. The modular interior boxes were great to pull outside of the trailer and set up around the campfire, no extra chairs needed. We used the portable sink module on a picnic table and was so easy to wash up after a meal. We decided to mount a small but powerful Bose soundlink bluetooth speaker onto the rear hatch door. Its the perfect spot so when your inside on the bed you have music by your side, but when you open the hatch you have music outside the trailer, and the natural curve of the door makes the sound even better. Here is a post from the trip i did on our site, and here are a few photos i can share with you.

Ill post some new stuff on here soon as this community always gets it first!

Old 04-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #115

California
I think you mean an "Extra Wide Track", wheelbase is the distance between two axles.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #116

Name: Mo
Trailer: Still looking
Texas
I think you have a winner here, in terms of the aesthetic, the versatility and the appeal to a wide variety of user groups. For example, I've seen the Cricket trailer in person but it is just too eccentric to appeal to very many people.
With your set up, the versatility alone will be so appealing. Plus, it has a nice open feeling. Win, win, win!
Old 04-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #117

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
too eccentric... I take it you've never lived in southern Cal Just kidding bug. Thanks for the update Derek.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #118

US
Cool rotomolds up and hummin
https://instagram.com/happiercamper/
Old 04-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #119

California
The brochure indicates that the trailer is 11' wide over the fenders. I'm guessing (?) that's a typo?
Old 04-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #120

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Brouchure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
The brochure indicates that the trailer is 11' wide over the fenders. I'm guessing (?) that's a typo?
Where did you see the brochure?

Thank you

Norm

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #121
Commercial Member

California
Hi all, thanks for your comments!

Bob, your very good at finding errors, i feel you could work as a auditor, or maybe you do. I put many hours into the brochure (that i have not released yet) its 16 pages, and there may be things that i missed, obliviously its not 11' over the fenders. The bed length over the fenders is 6.11". Thanks for pointing out my mistakes, i will update for the real release.

We released some videos yesterday of the prototype to the public.

The making of the HC1 video
https://vimeo.com/122728998

The Adaptiv™ Modular interior introduction.
https://vimeo.com/123978073

We will release the brochure to our full mailing list shortly followed by the public, were just taking it in steps as there is still lots to do. Happy to answer any questions you may have on the HC1 and appreciate all the feedback

thanks!
Attached Files
Old 04-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #122
Commercial Member

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Cool rotomolds up and hummin
https://instagram.com/happiercamper/
Ken, the rotomold factory is super cool! these huge machines flipping all over the place. I never seen anything like it.
A couple interior Adaptiv™ modular components are rotomold. We chose this method after prototyping the modular boxes from fiberglass, the glass was not ideal for moving components, too many things can go wrong. With the Roto, the boxes are super strong and light, there also easy to clean, all weather, water tight and simple to produce. Makes for great indoor/outdoor furniture.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #123

US
Would love to see the process some day. The kayak rental business has shown the abuse rotomold can take. Good stuff
Old 04-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #124
Commercial Member

California
Hey folks, thought i would update you with some example layouts for the modular Adaptiv™ interior.

This week we have the Prototype at our lot in Los Angeles and we have been showing it off to a few invited guests. Its been great to see how others will use there HC1 and there ideal layouts.

We will release more specifications with our first production units coming in the next couple of weeks.

Here are the 5 colors we will be building the trailers in.
This is not just paint, this is the robust Gel Coat finish

Thanks!
let us know if you have any questions, www.happiercamper.com | sales@happiercamper.com
Old 04-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #125

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Honda?

What model Honda do you tow with?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #126
Commercial Member

California
Ive been towing with my 2007 Honda Element SC for years it a 4 Cl.. Its a great vehicle. I always seem to fit whatever i need into it, and it pulls the trailers just fine. Over the years i've had to replace the brakes, rear struts and engine mounts, but nothing too crazy. The trailers take there toll over time, but i do pull them every day... Ultra lights are not a problem for it, i drive in overdrive on the Fwy. The Element is not the best for gas millage, and they no longer make them.. But its a great car.