Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-25-2015, 12:51 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Introducing the Happier Camper HC1, prototype photos

Hello happier campers!
Its been a few years now that my father Mike and I have began working on our first production trailer, lovingly named the "HC1". The unique trailer features some some classic egg design inspirations, but is packed with modem functionality. Through our rental business we spent many years reconditioning the vintage fiberglass trailers and took note of the features we felt made the trailers great. We took the the best parts of these trailers and added a few new ones and came up with the distinct design of the new HC1.

Among the inherent quality features of a fiberglass ultralight travel trailer we feel the readers here will love our "Adaptiv" modular interior system, designed to easily allow you to reconfigure the interior of the trailer to 100s of layouts to suit your every need. Our huge rear hatch door, adding extra space out the back and allowing you to use the trailer in many different ways. Our vintage inspired wheel fenders, not only designed for style, but also adds up to a extra foot of bed length, widens the interior floor space and makes for extra stability and aerodynamics on the road.

Below are photos of our first prototype, and were happy to share them with the Fiberglass RV community first. Please understand we are still in the production process and some features will be added or changed in the coming weeks. We look for your comments and suggestions to help make our forthcoming production version a great trailer that families can love for generations.

Were currently working on our new website and branding for the trailer and will have more for you soon at www.happiercamper.com and the new HC1.info. please be patient as we have a lot of work a head of us. Thanks again for the community support over the years!

Old 02-25-2015, 06:00 AM   #2
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Very nice. Looking forward to the details. Raz

Old 02-25-2015, 06:14 AM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I like the rear opening hatch. Perhaps an add on room screen back there. I'd drop those low hanging rear stabilizers and just use 2 of those little aluminum tripod units you have for the front. Rear license plate light? What about battery and propane on tongue? You have a great start....
Old 02-25-2015, 08:42 AM   #4

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Wow. Very impressive. Innovative, yet many practical elements.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - http://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #5

Name: carleen
Trailer: On epic search for Eriba
Texas
brilliant! the modular design will be very nice. The back door will make a great picture window! I can see adding on the clear vertical strips to the huge doorway to keep the view AND keep the a/c going, but don't see an a/c unit. I hope that will be an option.
Any ballpark on the estimated price yet?
Old 02-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #6

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Why would you want to keep the rear open if you have the a/c on? If it is that hot you need to keep the warm air out and the cool air in.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:39 AM   #7

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
No front rock guard?
Old 02-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #8

Name: Brant
Trailer: Hunter I
California
Registry
Looks great!! I spoke on the phone with you a couple years ago and you had told me about your plans and ideas for going into production of your own trailers. Love where your went with it, it seems very visually attractive and functional. I'm here in Los Angeles and still have not had an opportunity to visit your place of business put will have to once you have this available for viewing.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #9

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
I had a Napier Sportz SUV tent and screen room I used with by Toyota Highlander; but it looks like this trailer sits too high for their standard model to be able to attach.

Still it's going to be fun to watch the details on the HC1 come together.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:45 AM   #10

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot B17
Washington
Registry
I love the looks of it - so bright and cheerful and with all the cute factor of the vintage trailers! The interior is nice and light too and I love all the windows. The rear hatch is a great feature I think! I'm not sure about the modular idea, but will look forward to seeing more photos of how that could be configured. I don't know if I would use those removable cubes. Do they have handles or hand-holds on them? If they were full of gear they might be heavy to lift.

Is there a fresh water tank or do you just hook it up to campground water?

It looks like it will appeal to people who have enjoyed tent camping and now want to move to something more comfortable and weather-proof.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 AM   #11

Name: carleen
Trailer: On epic search for Eriba
Texas
there are products that exist to keep a/c in while still being able to enjoy the view.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #12

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
This site never fails to WOW me! Anxious to see the specs, options and especially the "modular" options! Good stuff.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:56 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape
Registry
Very nice!
What is the GVWR & tongue weight you are shooting for in the production model?
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #14

Name: Brent
Trailer: Casita
California
Good job, keep looking "out of the box"
Look into 'kickstart"