LED 1156 bulbs - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #1

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
LED 1156 bulbs

LED 1156 bulbs for interior lights. These lights use less 12 volt power saving your battery. I just replaced the bulbs in my SunRader. They sell for $9.99 ea on the website.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0542.jpg  

Old 09-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #2

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
How many LED's ? How many lumens? What color is the light? How many amps?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #3

Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Registry
I was at WalMart the other day and they had a package of two of these for 14.95, so I got a pack. I already had flat LEDs with the adapter for most of my Scamp's interior lights from different distributors, as a test to see which I preferred. Those older ones are OK, one being brighter but harsher, and the other being more natural but not as bright. The WalMart bulbs are better than both of those in both brightness and looking more natural. The amps are not listed, but when I did a Google search for the part number IL-1156W-15WK the same bulbs popped up at Autozone at a higher price, and those use 0.22amps, and show 3W, 180 lumens. These have 15 LEDs per bulb.
Attached Thumbnails
20140911_100859.jpg  
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #4

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Make certain you are comparing apples to oranges with bulbs. Just because they fit an 1156 base, does not mean that they have the same output, or are built to the same standards. You can tell that the ones Chuck is selling have one more row of LEDs around the outside of the bulb. I think they are 300 lumens, as compared to 180 for the Walmart ones. Not saying either one is any better, I don't know either bulb, just make certain you are getting what you want, and need.

I learned the hard way to not buy too cheap, and I know better, as buying cheap is something I rarely do, opting for quality over cost in most cases. I bought some LEDs off of eBay at a great price, but they were not bright enough, not even as bright as the stock incandescents I was replacing. Frustrated, I bought some good ones from superbrightleds.com, and am very pleased with them. Will likely have them for as long as I do the trailer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #5

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I think they are 300 lumens, as compared to 180 for the Walmart ones. Not saying either one is any better, I don't know either bulb, just make certain you are getting what you want, and need.

I also learned the hard way that buying less than 300 lumens is not going to work well for me... find anything less than 300 to be a big disappointment in regards to inadequate light - especially for reading etc.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #6

Washington
The lights I listed are 5500K Daylight White. I put some in my SunRader Motorhome.
Chuck
Old 09-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #7

Name: ginette & ron
Trailer: 2008 25RB 21 Bigfoot
Quebec
5500k sounds pretty white, maybe a bit blueish but does not indicate the brightness. I also bought cheap. Although there are 27 LEDS on my bulbs they are very white and not bright enough. Will probably try the gold star lights next time. Has anyone else tried them ? They seem to be well reviewed.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...880_em_1p_0_ti
Old 09-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #8

British Columbia
Registry
As been pointed out there are few things you should know about LED lights that require us to read the fine print on the packages carefully.

One is the Lumens & Beam angle. The luminous is the intensity in candelas, rather than light output. Luminous intensity is a function of the angle from which an LED is seen. Two LEDs with the same stated luminous on the package can have very different peak luminous intensities, due to different beam angles. LED's beam angles range from very narrow - around 6° to wide - more than 100°. In other words an LED that is stated to be 200 lumens output but with only a 10% beam angle will have a higher maximum luminous intensity within that beam than one that has a 50% beam angle. Which is why when looking for an LED light that you are planning on using for two people to be able to read under at night (a wide beam needed) a higher luminous is better.

K value:
Warm White (3,000 - 3,500 K) Similar to an incandescent light
Natural White (4,000 - 4,500 K) Very clean white
Day White (5,000 - 5,600 K) Similar to natural sunlight. Much higher than this starts looking very blue.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #9

Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Does DOT approve bulbs?
Old 09-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #10

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
This is what I bought about a year and a half ago 36 SMD High Power LED White RV Marine Anchor 1142 BA15D Boat Camper | eBay sadly several of the led's fell off and its not as bright as it used to be...i have a spare but this is the problem with stuff from china...mostly garbage.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #11

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
....but this is the problem with stuff from china...mostly garbage.
The problem with the cheap stuff like this from China, stems from what we as consumers want....Stuff real cheap, hoping to find quality without paying for it. I am guilty of this myself

There are lots of things made in China that are of a very high quality, as they have full capability of producing top notch equipment, machines and merchandise.

Though your statement is true, Deryk. The majority of things we see out of China are garbage.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #12

Washington
Led 1156 bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTRV View Post
LED 1156 bulbs for interior lights. These lights use less 12 volt power saving your battery. I just replaced the bulbs in my SunRader. They sell for $9.99 ea on the website.
If a person buys theses lights and they don't like them. They are returnable for a full refund except for the return postage.
Chuck
Old 09-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #13

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
If one is talking about lights for the common scamp cabinet end lights I agree lumens count. If I'm going to enjoy a little before bed reading it helps if I don't have to hold a flashlight in my teeth to see the print.

Power range or regulated also matter. Plugged in the converter will be charging battery so circuit will have more than 12 volts. Possibly up around 14 volts.

I can see a possible use for mix and match, some less expensive lower output for things such as porch or bathroom light. Depending on how much light you need to do your makeup or shaving. Higher lumens for main or task lighting.

Considering that the Walmart bulbs are half the price of the 300 lumen at 1003, 1141, 1156 warm white LED interior lights I also wonder if given the stock fixtures (on mine anyway) needing to direct light out if some of the flat panel lights would work better. Gold Star has some that look promising wide voltage range 250 lumen with a flat panel design. $24 for 2 including shipping.

Amazon.com: Gold Stars 11568305 LED Replacement Bulb 1156 Base 250 LUM 12 or 24v Natural White (1): Automotive

I was also giving some thought to the Gold Star reading lamps at $20 plus shipping.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:29 PM   #14

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTRV View Post
If a person buys theses lights and they don't like them. They are returnable for a full refund except for the return postage.
Chuck
Which is a way better deal than trying to returning them to some guy in China you bought off of on E-Bay.