LED Tail Lights For Bigfoot & Casita - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #15

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
In the short time that I've been here, I've found the commercial posters to be considerate in their number and intensity of posts.
I totally agree! I haven't found anyone on here to be anything but courteous.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #16

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
..... I haven't found anyone on here to be anything but courteous.
Oh, you don't read my posts?

Old 12-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #17

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Oh, you don't read my posts?
LOL! I work with inner city gang kids. The bar is set pretty low.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #18

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
trainjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainjunkie View Post
Is it just me or does the original post make no sense? I haven't been on this forum very long, and I'm relatively new to Bigfoot ownership. I have no idea who "FTTRV" is other than it's some guy named Chuck who is a commercial member. That leaves me to assume the above post is for the purpose of promoting this item to drive sales. Yet there is no information whatsoever about cost, where to get it, how to order, etc. I wasn't able to find any information on FTTRV's profile page either.

So is this one of those posts where you have to know the "secret handshake", or bust out the decoder ring, to figure out how to buy this item? Sorry for being so sarcastic but as someone who spent years in the marketing field, this kind of stuff irks me. If you have something to sell, be clear with your message. What it it, what does it do, how much is it, and where do I get it? A commercial post should provoke a call to action by interested readers (i.e. get them to ask more questions or just buy the darned thing). I have no idea what this post is attempting to accomplish.
Thank you trainjunkie for all your input. I will talk to my staff to see if we can improve on our marketing.
Chuck
Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #19

Name: John
Trailer: 2006 Bigfoot 25RQ
Florida
There are commercial members here?

This forum is great on keeping things in check. I think adding the website link to the signature is a great idea. Expanding the description is icing but not necessary IMO.

5th result for the google search: "LED Tail Lights For Bigfoot" was the posters site. This thread was the first. It was 2 seconds of hard work but I was able to pull through .

I'll probably pick up a pair in the future but I'd also want to replace the back-up ones too. Any expected soon?

-John
Old 12-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #20

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fazio View Post
5th result for the google search: "LED Tail Lights For Bigfoot" was the posters site. This thread was the first. It was 2 seconds of hard work but I was able to pull through .
-John
FYI, Google search result rankings are dynamic and change all the time, sometimes daily or even hourly. The only way a seller can control whether a buyer visits THEIR site, and not a competitor, is by posting a link directly to their site or product page.

The day the seller originally made the original post, his page may have not even been indexed and show in Google's results at all. Today it is ranked 5th. Tomorrow it could drop off the first page entirely. It all depends on who else is selling these and how aggressive and thorough they are about their SEO (search engine optimization) practices.

The last thing a seller wants to do is send a buyer to a competitor's web site, which is what often happens when sellers rely entirely on search engines to connect with consumers. Even "super soft sell" sellers don't want that!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #21

Florida
I was just joking, you don't need to market me on the validity of your preferred strategy. If you are adamant maybe you should contact him to offer your services instead of ranting. IMO a little time spent culling a business lead could land you a new client and possibly improve their product placement. At the least a free consultation would make his strategy more palatable for you and could increase his profits.

No matter what is said, it's the tweezers that removed the thorn.

-John
Old 12-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #22

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
Who's ranting? If you think this is ranting "y'all ain't seen nuthin".

I'm not seeking clients. I'm no longer in marketing, advertising, or retail, although I was for many years and had many clients. I'm just trying to pass on a little of the wisdom I gained from years of selling on-line, and helping other do it, to a fellow here who clearly has the best of intentions but doesn't exactly understand some of the fundamentals of marketing products or services on-line.

I only took the time to mention it because, as a Bigfoot owner, I want to see commercial members who support this site and the Bigfoot/fiberglass TT community succeed. It makes me cringe when kindhearted folks start small businesses, get lost in the brave new world of on-line marketing, then close up shop without knowing what happened, and often blaming the "big internet retailers" for their problems.

Mind you, I'm not suggesting that FTTRV is in trouble or is not successful. I have no idea. But in business, you are either growing or dying. It's that simple. And if Chuck has decided to reach out and leverage the power of the 'net to increase business, and one of us here has the means to help him better succeed at this a little, why not take the time to share a little intel?

Trust me, I've seen mountains of mom and pop businesses (in other sectors, not RV) die a sad death because they didn't know how to make the internet work FOR them, instead of against them. Chuck and Deb are clearly more than a business, they are members of the fiberglass RV community. What's wrong with trying to point them in the right direction a little? No ranting necessary.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #23

Florida
I feel you were passionate, hence rant...also in reference to getting off of the soap box. I am merely suggesting you contact him and recommend improvements, an act that would probably be received openly and would help a fellow FGer. No need to waste experience or maybe miss making a new friend.

-John
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #24

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Chuck also has an active Facebook business.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTRV View Post
LED tail Lights fit newer Casita's and Bigfoot's.
Hmmm, just add the biz name and website to the signature. Potential buyers will investigate......

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #26

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
One difference with Chuck is he camps and attends NOG's in the Pacific NW. Many of the parts he sells are on his trailers. I will tell you he has owned many fiberglass trailers and added several items to make them noticed on the highways. When you talk about Support Small Business Chuck's business is small. He built his website, processes orders, ships orders, does customer follow ups. SO MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEARS from FiberglassTravelTrailersrv.com.

Tags
bigfoot, casita, lights