New fiberglass camper company - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #71

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
"Boatboard"... you mean starboard? That stuff is expensive, but it works.

Instead of stacking odds and ends on the roof, my thought would be to extend the tongue an extra 2 or 3 feet and having a bigger storage box mounted in front of the trailer. Easier to access the stuff.

Or you could get really creative, and attach storage boxes along each side overtop (or at the height of) the wheel well. I recall thinking that if my Hauley had such storage pods, I could decorate the trailer like a Star Trek shuttlecraft and the pods would be the nacelles......

filthy rich. All I need now is money.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #72

Name: Julie & Terry
Trailer: Former Scamp owner /2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk & 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh B. View Post
We would prefer to move away from the rooftop a/c unit and keep that cargo space available. There is a glimmer of hope out there in the window unit market... the Noria A/C unit. https://youtu.be/i1URwVk7yKE I'm looking forward to experimenting with one of these. Again, the rooftop units are overkill but it still seems to be the standard route on small trailers.

Josh
Do you think a unit like the "Climate Right AC" might work in the GoBe - similar to what is in the attached photos (that's not our trailer)? We would prefer not to have a rooftop ac unit, and a portable unit could be brought along if you have access to electric hookups or left home if boon docking. Through the wall hookup ports on the trailer would make for easy installation. Ideally we want a trailer that will fit in our garage (have an 8ft garage door), so the GoBe may be a bit too tall even without the rooftop ac. We presently own a Taxa Cricket trailer and prior to buying it we seriously considered the Little Joe. Love the look of the GoBe and ease of towing with our Wrangler or Cherokee is a must. We'll continue to follow your website - may look at a change in trailers in the near future?!?!
Attached Thumbnails
16992227_10212724973265189_19552730789931290_o.jpg   17015886_10212724973345191_5212469212304399576_o.jpg  

Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:58 PM   #73

Name: aj
Trailer: Roamer TC
Georgia
Quote:
Hello,
I would like to share our new fiberglass camper company called GoBE Campers. We would love it if you check us out at gobecampers.com. Like you, we are fiberglass camper enthusiasts and we are committed building very high quality campers that are easy to use, provide creative ways to haul/store your camping gear, and provide a comfortable queen size bed to sleep in. We have some very exciting things that we are working on and we would love to have your support as we begin this great adventure.

I've attached a few photos. Happy Camping!!
It has storage and seating!!! Almost like a fort for adults.
Roamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:01 PM   #74
Commercial Member

Name: Josh
Trailer: GoBE
IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
"Boatboard"... you mean starboard? That stuff is expensive, but it works.

Instead of stacking odds and ends on the roof, my thought would be to extend the tongue an extra 2 or 3 feet and having a bigger storage box mounted in front of the trailer. Easier to access the stuff.

Or you could get really creative, and attach storage boxes along each side overtop (or at the height of) the wheel well. I recall thinking that if my Hauley had such storage pods, I could decorate the trailer like a Star Trek shuttlecraft and the pods would be the nacelles......
Boat Board is what our plastics supplier calls their HDPE... which I believe is the same exact type of product as Starboard. We want something that will resist fading, stay strong over time, and look mostly finished right out of the CNC machine.

We have already extended the frame by 18" to accommodate the big storage box we have on the front. Extending it anymore than that makes me a little nervous about having too much tongue weight if people load down the box. We do have some room in front of the cargo box for a little more storage. Extending further is not out of the question, jut comes with some extra risk because we don't know how people are going to load it down. We also have the vertical receiver hitches their because we have future plans for swing away bike rack up front. We could do bike rack above boxes now but it limits access to the box. So for now best bike rack option is on the swing away bike rack on the back.

I like your thinking on the sides. We are designing several different storage options for the sides based off the platforms and the fenders. We are limited to 13" wide at the bottom and 12" at fender height unless you want some of the gear sticking out past the wheels... which could be an option if it wasn't too far. I just like keeping everything inside the overall wheel width. We will call you in to do the Star Trek artwork

Josh
Josh B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:19 PM   #75
Commercial Member

IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
Do you think a unit like the "Climate Right AC" might work in the GoBe - similar to what is in the attached photos (that's not our trailer)? We would prefer not to have a rooftop ac unit, and a portable unit could be brought along if you have access to electric hookups or left home if boon docking. Through the wall hookup ports on the trailer would make for easy installation. Ideally we want a trailer that will fit in our garage (have an 8ft garage door), so the GoBe may be a bit too tall even without the rooftop ac. We presently own a Taxa Cricket trailer and prior to buying it we seriously considered the Little Joe. Love the look of the GoBe and ease of towing with our Wrangler or Cherokee is a must. We'll continue to follow your website - may look at a change in trailers in the near future?!?!
Julie & Terry,
Thanks for the info on the Climate Right system. We have heard some mixed reviews on the system but I like the concept... especially the small ports cut into the shell. I wish the unit was a little more compact. What has been your experience with it? We are likely going to go with the Coleman Mach 8 A/C unit as our standard option unless we can find something that works better and is not on the roof. Pretty tough to beat the roof mount in terms of functionality and comfort.

Thank you for checking us out. We would LOVE to build your next camper! I think the GoBE would look pretty cool behind your jeep? Please stay in touch.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year,

Josh
Old 12-28-2018, 10:22 PM   #76
Commercial Member

IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
It has storage and seating!!! Almost like a fort for adults.
I can't tell whether you like it or if you are making fun of us In either case, we approve. It is kinda like a fort for adults. Let's build a GoBE Roamer just for you?

Cheers,

Josh

P.S. I checked out your Roamer TC. That thing is cool!!
Old 01-03-2019, 04:50 AM   #77

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market
NSW
Quote:
Wow, that hitch is cool. I visited the site. I'm sure we could design our coupler area to accomodate something lie that, it would just take some time and effort to get it dialed in.

Thanks for the info,
Josh
There are several manufacturers of hitches in Australia, going off road is a significant part of RVing in Australia
RobertRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #78

Name: aj
Trailer: Roamer TC
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
Looks neat. I hate the AC on the roof, hate RV AC in general. I much rather utilize a window unit - cheaper, lighter, smaller power use (smaller gen), and like you say, just put it on for summer… I have a spot if this ducting can be used.

Roamer is online now   Reply With Quote