New fiberglass camper company - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Josh
Trailer: GoBE
IA
New fiberglass camper company

Hello,
I would like to share our new fiberglass camper company called GoBE Campers. We would love it if you check us out at gobecampers.com. Like you, we are fiberglass camper enthusiasts and we are committed building very high quality campers that are easy to use, provide creative ways to haul/store your camping gear, and provide a comfortable queen size bed to sleep in. We have some very exciting things that we are working on and we would love to have your support as we begin this great adventure.

I've attached a few photos. Happy Camping!!
Attached Thumbnails
FB Post.jpg   GoBE Back.jpg  

alyssaleicht-gobe-campers-33.jpg   IMG_8724.JPG  

Josh B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Website and specs? aha, found them.......https://gobecampers.com/#specifications

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Brian
Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I checked out your website and it looks great! Best of luck to you on this new fiberglass camper.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations on the new venture!

The shell appears similar to Weiscraft, which is also based on Colorado. Any connection? Do you do anything special in the fiberglass layup to harden it for off-road use?

Seems like there is a niche for a small backcountry trailer with stand-up headroom. Most I see are sleepers with racks on top.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Lite House
Minnesota
Registry
Sho 'nuff looks like a Little Joe/Lite House shell. I don't know about the shell, but the frame and running gear looks considerably beefier than on my Lite House, which probably accounts for the extra weight, at least 400 pounds more. Hope they do well!
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #6

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
When will manufacturers figure out people also need to camp in rainy weather and in cool weather? This trailer has no provision for interior hookup to propane for a stove or portable heater and no countertop space for either one of those items. If I am going to spend the better part of 20k for a trailer I want to have both of those features to at least be a part of a minimal featured camping trailer. Plus there should at least be a portable electric fridge offered as an option.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:02 PM   #7

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
I didn't see any gray, black or fresh water tanks indicated.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:23 PM   #8

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 'Spirit Deluxe
California
I see this as a great addition for camping. Younger folks will appreciate a dry place to sleep and stand up to put on ones pants. Bring a warm sleeping bag and cook under a tarp. I did it many times in a soggy tent. If I were 20 years younger Id want one! Now I appreciate my Casita. I hope all the best!

CharlieJ
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #9

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Looks pretty nice
Id love to have one behind my Jeep especially pulling it down some narrow roads
alan H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:12 PM   #10

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
When will manufacturers figure out people also need to camp in rainy weather and in cool weather? This trailer has no provision for interior hookup to propane for a stove or portable heater and no countertop space for either one of those items. If I am going to spend the better part of 20k for a trailer I want to have both of those features to at least be a part of a minimal featured camping trailer. Plus there should at least be a portable electric fridge offered as an option.
I am with you. Yet, I note that Happier Camper has a similar, minimalist design and they seem to be doing ok (AFAIK). There seems to be some demand for this type of unit.

Personally, I am already there with my Hauley. Minimalist camping... a bit more minimalist than this new once, since I don't have a sink module, built-in upper cabinets, lights, etc. But it's paid for, and that's my favorite feature!

filthy rich. All I need now is money.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #11
Commercial Member

IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Congratulations on the new venture!

The shell appears similar to Weiscraft, which is also based on Colorado. Any connection? Do you do anything special in the fiberglass layup to harden it for off-road use?

Seems like there is a niche for a small backcountry trailer with stand-up headroom. Most I see are sleepers with racks on top.
You are correct Jon. We are using the WeisCraft / Litehouse shell. We made a new mold for the bottom half and got rid of the wheel wells to increase storage inside. We have stiffened the top half of the mold by using core matting in the fiberglass process. You can stand of the roof rack with no trouble at all.

Thanks for checking us out!
Old 12-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #12
Commercial Member

IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
K Corbin - one of our customers has been taking it to ski races with his son and using a ceramic heater when hook-ups are available and a Mr. Buddy when not on grid. Traditional RV furnace options are also available if that is what is desired but that will not be a standard option on this camper.

We also have an account with ENGEL coolers so we have several 12v fridge options available should that be desired.

Thank you for the feedback.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
Commercial Member

IA
Here are a couple pictures of the back end of the interior.
Attached Thumbnails
1140.jpg   alyssaleicht-gobe-campers-50.jpg  

Old 12-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #14
Commercial Member

IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I didn't see any gray, black or fresh water tanks indicated.
Glenn, on the camper shown, we have an 11 gallon freshwater tank (roadshower) on the roof rack and then we have an 8 gallon tank in the "sink pod" inside that drains to the exterior. We have a freshwater fill on the driver side to fill the interior tank, a shurflo pump, 12v faucet, and a dometic flip-up sink. In this particular trailer, we used a portable grey water tank. A greywater tank under the floor is something that could be installed.

Thank you for checking us out and we appreciate your feedback.

Josh